PDA

View Full Version : WDW souvenir not in park

ransam
04-16-2011, 12:22 PM
I was thinking, does anyone have any cool, unusual souvenir of the parks, you didn't get in the park?
for me, it's an architectural drawing of the castle. I am an architect, and deal every day w/ boring drawings, with changes, and adjustments, and revisions, and while i love my job, it can be very routine.
Last year a friend of mine found a copy of a genuine drawing of the castle. the cool thing is that it on typical architectural paper, w/ a title block, changes and revisions.....and the most amazing thing is that it was hand drawn. it is so perfect, just as if it was created on a computer.
i sent it ot Marty Skylar and he autogaphed it, and i have it hanging up in my office.
awesome keepsake.

disneymom15
04-16-2011, 01:12 PM
I have 2 (not really souvenirs). The first is, my husband took a patio paver and had a hidden mickey engraved in it. The second one, he took smaller retaining wall blocks and fashioned them into a hidden mickey flower bed.

nfrustaci
04-16-2011, 01:46 PM
I have 2 (not really souvenirs). The first is, my husband took a patio paver and had a hidden mickey engraved in it. The second one, he took smaller retaining wall blocks and fashioned them into a hidden mickey flower bed.

very cool !!!

nfrustaci
04-16-2011, 01:49 PM
lets see the only souvenir i have is a "flower" (twiggy leaf) that my son riped off the bush outside our building at the POP on our last visit. i have it in the photo album with all our pics.

Altair
04-16-2011, 06:36 PM
and the most amazing thing is that it was hand drawn. it is so perfect, just as if it was created on a computer.

At one time there was a thing called craftsmanship, it's long gone these days.:(

MarkC
04-16-2011, 06:41 PM
I started with one red monorail that I bought in the parks years ago, but through the magic of ebay now have red, teal blue, yellow and black trains on a large oval track in my basement.

I also have a poster from about 1971 that was of Magic Kingdom before many of the e-ticket rides were even there. It was given to me by a co-worker as her Mom was doing a Disneyland theme and this was Disneyworld. We had it framed and it hangs by our tracks. I also have 4 cast member only pins that another co-worker got from his kids. They rest on top of the picture frame. Yes, I'm quite proud of my little collection.

disneydeb
04-17-2011, 06:57 AM
About 20 years ago, Department 56 had an agreement with Disney to make a village like that of the MK or Disneyland. I bought several pieces. When I heard they were discontinuing the agreement, I completed the set.

:mickey:

artyboy
04-17-2011, 06:10 PM
I have a set of floor plans/elevation drawings for Horizons. My other half found them on Ebay...i framed one of the pages, and keep the rest in a safe place.

So...if any of you want to rebuild Horizons, you know who to call!

Tink1
04-17-2011, 06:49 PM
About 20 years ago, Department 56 had an agreement with Disney to make a village like that of the MK or Disneyland. I bought several pieces. When I heard they were discontinuing the agreement, I completed the set.

:mickey:

I have that set as well! Love it

Nanc