PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace for those that have been there

Joannelet
04-15-2011, 07:46 PM
I have a simple and maybe silly question....
When we were little (I am in my 30's now along with my siblings...) we use to eat at Crystal Palace all of the time. On one of our last visits there (I was about 7 years old) we decided to never go back there because there were birds inside the restaurant and it really bothered us that they were flying around us and the food etc. I know for some this may be silly (because I know there are birds in the Contemporary (my sister has found feathers in her pancakes at Chef Mickey's LOL)and then the whole bat ordeal that happened at Wilderness Lodge recently...etc.) but I am planning on going again to Crystal Palace (in a few weeks) and I am hoping that this bird problem is no more....Can anyone confirm for me that there are no birds at this restaurant so that I'm not grossed out when I get there?
My sister is a health inspector and I just can't stand birds...and I've had a bad experience in Hawaii with birds in a restaurant there and just get disgusted by them.
I'd appreciate it if anyone can tell me that they have spotted birds in the restaurant or not so that I can go to my ADR relaxed?
Again this was YEARS AND YEARS ago when they did have them there....so I want to know how it is now....
Oh and I'm talking about live birds not the animatronic ones LOL :) Those I don't mind. :)

faline
04-15-2011, 07:50 PM
The last time I ate at Crystal Palace, I did not see a bird anywhere. This is not to say that the occasional bird does not make his/her way into the building. I've certainly seen birds inside of the Contemporary.

Having been a camper, birds don't much bother me though I don't share my meals with them - even when they beg!

What bat incident?

Joannelet
04-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Just do a search on the bat incident. It will come up. I really don't want to talk about it here because it is quite controversial (I am also not going there this time around) and they were working on the issue but I don't know if it is resolved...it started to be posted about in in Jan/Feb. on other sites.
Thank you for telling me that you have seen no birds at Crystal Palace... :)
I appreciate it!!!

joanna71985
04-15-2011, 08:11 PM
I remember back when there were birds in CP (loooong ago). However, in the past 5 years of eating there, the bird problem is just about gone

faline
04-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Just do a search on the bat incident. It will come up.

From the search I did, I'm not sure it's more than a rumor. I'm sure it's possible that a stray bat did get into the building but I'd be really be surprised if there were any sort of infestation...I can't tell you how many times I've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge...but have never expereienced any issues with critters flying about. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this resort again.

Joannelet
04-15-2011, 08:31 PM
I remember back when there were birds in CP (loooong ago). However, in the past 5 years of eating there, the bird problem is just about gone

Thank you!!! :) I am no longer worried :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Enjoy your meal at Crystal Palace! It is one of our favourites (and like you, I just don't do birds where I am eating!)

akaDisneyDreamer
04-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Went there last August and didn't see any birds there!

KylesMom
04-15-2011, 09:48 PM
We've been going to CP for many years, and have never seen a bird in there.

As mentioned, you will see an occasional bird in the CR at Chef Mickey's, however. One of the hazards of the monorail tracks running through the building!

I'd like to add that we, too have stayed at WL for 15 days at a time (for the past five years-going back for another 15 in July) and have never had any bat incidents . . .

catkrazy
04-15-2011, 10:26 PM
I have eaten at Crystal Palace numberous times in the past 10-12 years and have never once seen a bird. I have seen them at Chef Mickey's but not at CP. The only animals I have ever seen there are a bear, a tiger, a piglet and a ?donkey?. :D

Joannelet
04-15-2011, 10:27 PM
Enjoy your meal at Crystal Palace! It is one of our favourites (and like you, I just don't do birds where I am eating!)

Thanks! I am excited for my little guy to go here!! The potential of birds being where I am eating bothers me from a health stand point. I just can't do it. I know it doesn't bother some people but I just can't for health reasons. Glad to know there are others who rather dine the same way. I know a bird can be seen occassionally at certain places because of easy access etc. I just prefer to dine elsewhere.
Thanks everyone for the no bird confirmations at crystal palace. :mickey: My entire family has been wondering this for a long time! I appreciate it! Only 18 more days till I am in the world! :cloud9:

Joannelet
04-15-2011, 10:30 PM
I have eaten at Crystal Palace numberous times in the past 10-12 years and have never once seen a bird. I have seen them at Chef Mickey's but not at CP. The only animals I have ever seen there are a bear, a tiger, a piglet and a ?donkey?. :D

Lol I don't mind those! :mickey:

olivegirl
04-16-2011, 07:11 AM
We have eaten here many times and not once did we ever see birds in the rest. I would of been sooo freaked out as I am not a lover of birds especially when I am eating!!!

DisneyorBust
04-16-2011, 08:54 AM
We've enjoyed many a meal CP and have never had any bird issues. Return and enjoy!

gerald72
04-16-2011, 09:23 AM
One of the original ideas for the Tiki Room was fir it to have been a restaurant (under a bird show). I bet that would not have been your favorite.

ransam
04-16-2011, 12:08 PM
how do you expect to have your eggs for breakfast w/o any birds?

Fastpasssteve
04-17-2011, 12:11 AM
No birds on my last two trips.

I suppose a bird gets in the building every once-in-a-while. However, they serve all day long. It's not as if they can annouce to the seated guests: "Don't mind the ladders, sirens, and nets flying through the air! Just cover your food if the bird swoops too low during our attempts to remove it!"

I'm sure they have to deal with that at the end of the day when guests have left for the day.

LudwigVonDrake
04-17-2011, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't go back to the Crystal Palace based on my previous experience :ack: I wasn't all that thrilled with the food and the aftermath :(

Dopey's Girl
04-17-2011, 12:21 PM
I am terrified of birds, so I'm glad there aren't any in CP anymore, because I would really miss puffed french toast!

Enjoy!

whitney37354
04-18-2011, 02:19 PM
I didn't see any birds in CP 6/10.