PDA

View Full Version : November 2011 advice

Zeike
04-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Ok! we finally did it and are set for a november 13-21 family vacation. We have never been at this time of the year so we need help at what to expect and what not to miss. What better place than intercot to find out? Wife and I plus 3 children. We'll be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. Thanks!

NJGIRL
04-15-2011, 09:30 AM
I was there the first week in November last year and it was cold! That may have been unusual for that time of year but just be prepared for both kinds of weather because I wasn't! Most of our trips have been the last two weeks of Oct and we always do the water parks then. There was no swimming for us in November. In fact, I packed as I usually do since it was only a week later than we have always gone and I had to end up buying a $50 Disney jacket because I needed it during the day.

Twinsowner
04-15-2011, 09:48 AM
I agree with NJGirl, I have been when it was 85 degrees and also when it was 42 degrees. cold fronts are common that time of year. You have to be prepared for both.

Bri
04-15-2011, 11:38 AM
As far as the weather goes, definitely bring a little of both types of clothes. I went the first week of December one year and it was hot during the day but I had to bring jeans and a sweatshirt to the park so I could change when the sun when down.

As far as things to do, you are going at a great time, I think. I guess it depends on when they Christmas activities start, someone else might be able to give you accurate dates. There is the Osborne lights at Hollywood Studio's, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas parade at MK (this started Nov 8 last year and it's a separate ticketed event), and things will be decorated. I'm not sure when they start decorating, but it's possible you can go to bed one night and there will be no decorations and go to the park the next day and there will be a gigantic Christmas Tree staring at you! Unfortunately, the Candlelight Processional doesn't start until Nov 25. The high level hotels do life size gingerbread houses, they are really amazing, I'm not sure when they go on display. But I do believe that you will run into various Christmas activities while you are there.

Sunshine1010
04-15-2011, 12:51 PM
I'll be there during the same time at POFQ!!!

Zeike
04-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the info, hope to get some decorations and Christmas events while there. At least 2010 had them at this same time. Should we expect low crowds during the week? when should november park hours and extra hours be out?.

faline
04-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Looks like you'll be there the week before Thanksgiving. Crowds will likely be on the increase by time you leave but shouldn't be overwhelming.

November hours should be released around the beginning of May.

Disnamic Duo
04-22-2011, 03:01 PM
This is our favorite week to go. Beginning of the week should be pretty quiet - short lines. Things will pick up considerably on Friday (as people are showing up for Thanksgiving week).

We love the temps - normally (if there is such a thing), high's mid 70's; lows mid 50's.

You should be able to do MVMCP and Osborne Lights. It's just a great time to go! Have a ball!