PDA

View Full Version : Disney Rewards Email

kaylamag
04-14-2011, 08:01 AM
The email reads:
Congratulations! You've earned enough Disney Dream Reward Dollars®¹ to take advantage of a great savings offer just for Cardmembers, coming soon from Disney Store and DisneyStore.com. You’ll need a Disney Rewards Redemption Card for this offer.
I got this email yesterday, any ideas as to what the 'great savings offer' may be?
It says i have to have my rewards card, which i wasn't going to send for until closer to our trip in December.

sorcerer fan
04-14-2011, 09:06 AM
got one yesterday too, wonder what its all about

KylesMom
04-14-2011, 10:30 AM
While I didn't get an e-mail, I was on the Chase site this morning. There's no indication of a promo out there yet which would require an active rewards card to participate in "this great savings offer". Neither is there anything on the Disney Store website. I was at The Disney Store yesterday, and they didn't mention anything, either when I used my Disney Visa.

Being suspicious by nature, especially with Chase's customer e-mail identities being hacked recently, I'd just be careful not to respond to anything directly linked to the e-mail you received. I'm sure it's probably a valid e-mail, but it's kind of strange that they're sending it out so soon after the e-mail oops by Epsilon.

This is what I received from Chase for my Disney Visa back on 4/4:

We apologize if this causes you any inconvenience. We want to remind you that Chase will never ask for your personal information or login credentials in an e-mail. As always, be cautious if you receive e-mails asking for your personal information and be on the lookout for unwanted spam. It is not Chase's practice to request personal information by e-mail.

As a reminder, we recommend that you:

Don't give your Chase OnlineSM User ID or password in e-mail.
Don't respond to e-mails that require you to enter personal information directly into the e-mail.
Don't respond to e-mails threatening to close your account if you do not take the immediate action of providing personal information.
Don't reply to e-mails asking you to send personal information.
Don't use your e-mail address as a login ID or password.

PopPhan
04-14-2011, 10:50 AM
I got the email yesterday afternoon.....Probably just a 10% discount on the DisneyStore site....Guess they are not getting a lot of traffic on there with the poor economy.

Bethis26fan
04-14-2011, 11:03 AM
I got & my roommate as well.

Unless it's something major I'll keep saving mine for my trip this fall.

brownie
04-14-2011, 12:15 PM
I got the email yesterday afternoon.....Probably just a 10% discount on the DisneyStore site....Guess they are not getting a lot of traffic on there with the poor economy.

That's already a Disney Rewards VISA cardholder perk (if you spend $50 or more.)

PopPhan
04-14-2011, 01:50 PM
That's already a Disney Rewards VISA cardholder perk (if you spend $50 or more.)

Yes, I know that...I was being sarcastic...Sorry for the confusion.

IloveDisney71
04-16-2011, 12:37 PM
The email reads:
Congratulations! You've earned enough Disney Dream Reward Dollars®¹ to take advantage of a great savings offer just for Cardmembers, coming soon from Disney Store and DisneyStore.com. You’ll need a Disney Rewards Redemption Card for this offer.
I got this email yesterday, any ideas as to what the 'great savings offer' may be?
It says i have to have my rewards card, which i wasn't going to send for until closer to our trip in December.

I got the same email and I don't want to send off for a Rewards card either because I'm also saving all of my points for an upcoming trip. I wonder what it's all about. ??? It seems fishy that they want you to apply for a rewards card ahead of time in order to qualify for the great savings offer. Now if it was talking about savings for a trip, I might be tempted...:D

KylesMom
05-05-2011, 02:50 PM
LOL PopPhan - you were just about right. They're actually giving you a 20% discount off at Disneystore.com or Disney Store when you use your rewards dollars. Just got the e-mail today.

IloveDisney71
05-05-2011, 09:15 PM
LOL PopPhan - you were just about right. They're actually giving you a 20% discount off at Disneystore.com or Disney Store when you use your rewards dollars. Just got the e-mail today.

I think that is a pretty lame offer. I think they were just trying to get people to cash in points but I'm not sure why...