PDA

View Full Version : ADR Mistakes

terri110874
04-13-2011, 01:22 PM
I call on my lunch break to change the time of one of my ADR. I found out that instead of 2 people on the ressie they have is as 1. They could fix that one but not others. I was not able to stay on the line to fix all 9 ressies ( plus I dont have my paper work) . Panic is setting in!!!! Now when I get home I have to book all my ressies. SO not happy!!!

alpro2
04-13-2011, 01:30 PM
It does happen occasionally; mistakes do happen. Better to catch the mistake now than when you are at the restaurant. I unfortunately, learned the hard way on one of my trips. Now I always double check to be safe.

BrerGnat
04-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Well, is there such a thing as a table for one? I don't think so. Probably won't make any difference if you show up as 2 people. They'll seat a party of one at a table with 2 chairs anyway, so I wouldn't stress about it.

ransam
04-13-2011, 02:15 PM
for what it's worth, i booked a trip for two, and at the last minute a buddy joined...we were able to switch a few, but the others i showed up and told them we had 3 instead of 2, and not once was there a problem.

disneymom15
04-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Well, is there such a thing as a table for one? I don't think so. Probably won't make any difference if you show up as 2 people. They'll seat a party of one at a table with 2 chairs anyway, so I wouldn't stress about it.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Jared
04-13-2011, 04:54 PM
Exactly what I was going to say.
As was I. This situation shouldn't present a problem. Just show up to your reservations and say that you're a party of two, not one. I'm actually a little surprised that Disney's computer system won't let the Cast Member switch the reservation, but Disney's dining reservation system is so broken it's laughable.

nfrustaci
04-13-2011, 11:26 PM

i agree.... no worries !!! have a great trip

KAT1811
04-15-2011, 04:22 PM
for what it's worth, i booked a trip for two, and at the last minute a buddy joined...we were able to switch a few, but the others i showed up and told them we had 3 instead of 2, and not once was there a problem.

This happened to us too. Last minute we had another family join us (3 people). We had dinner reservations at Le Cellier. When we checked in I asked if it would be possible for them to join us and they were more than happy to make it happen.

As was I. This situation shouldn't present a problem. Just show up to your reservations and say that you're a party of two, not one. I'm actually a little surprised that Disney's computer system won't let the Cast Member switch the reservation, but Disney's dining reservation system is so broken it's laughable.

The worst part is it won't let you take people out of reservation without losing the entire reservation and starting over from scratch. So many of those that would like to change from a party of say 8 to a party of 4 just leave it as is and show up as a party of 4. Imagine getting a prime time dinner at 'Ohana and then losing it because you are trying to free up a table for another party. They really need to update their system!

Jared
04-15-2011, 05:13 PM
The worst part is it won't let you take people out of reservation without losing the entire reservation and starting over from scratch. So many of those that would like to change from a party of say 8 to a party of 4 just leave it as is and show up as a party of 4. Imagine getting a prime time dinner at 'Ohana and then losing it because you are trying to free up a table for another party. They really need to update their system!
Right, exactly. In the situation you described, the system actually prevented you from doing the right thing. Instead of freeing a table for another party of four, you simply kept the incorrect reservation and arrived at the restaurant with half the number of diners you specified! Of course, 'Ohana graciously accommodated you, but what about that group of four out there that didn't get in because Disney couldn't simply slash the number of people in your reservation?

MinnieMommie
04-15-2011, 07:58 PM

Exactly!

The system does make it hard all around sometimes even when you might need to make a small reservation change. Hopefully they will update it soon.

IloveDisney71
04-16-2011, 12:22 PM

Wow - I didn't know this. That is crazy! There is no reason Disney shouldn't be able to update their system and correct this problem.

LisaP
04-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Not sure if may be by design, but I can't imagine it being easy to revise an existing reservation by changing the head count while the system is attempting to track maximum capacity numbers to comply with occupancy laws.

What you can do as an alternative is attempt to re-book your reservation first, and then cancel your incorrect one. I've been successful with that one myself :thumbsup:

jonahbear2006
04-16-2011, 09:16 PM
well, our baby wasnt on our adrs and they still sat him. i wasnt aware at the time of booking that this needed to be done.