PDA

View Full Version : Disney Withdrawal symptoms

dizne4me
04-13-2011, 06:12 AM
Not sure if this is where to post --but I am having some serious WDW withdrawal. It has been 6 months since I left and as of this second-- I don't have a return trip planned yet. I'm kinda waiting on the rest of the "fam" to get together on when we all want to go -- I gotta say - I'm tired of waiting on them. I think I'm just going to plan a trip for end of Feb./early March 2012. Is this a good time to go? How are crowds,weather any deals going on that time of year(in WDW history)?

NJGIRL
04-13-2011, 08:54 AM
I was there once in March and it was chilly. We wore long pants and a light jacket during the day. No swimming because it was too cool. I know the weather can vary at that time of the year, but that was our experience in March.

faline
04-13-2011, 09:11 AM
End of February/beginning of March is part of the busy spring break season which kicks off with Presidents' Day week and runs through Easter week. Some weeks are better than others depending on which schools are on break and who has decided to use the break to go to Disney so there's no way of predicting whether or not you'll hit a good week - crowd-wise.

As noted, weather at this time of year can be quite variable. Sometimes, you'll get swimming weather; sometimes you'll need jackets and jeans. No way of telling what it might be.

PETE FROM NYC
04-14-2011, 06:40 PM
We used to do mid-March. It was flannel shirt weather most times. And my crazy wife and sister still went swimming.

lovinmesomedisney
04-15-2011, 10:50 AM
Well, at least you made it six months! We were just there in February and DD17 and I are losing our minds. :crazy: We are planning on a September trip. I was hoping for the free dining, but I may just have to go with or without it!

Eponine
04-15-2011, 11:49 AM
I start having WDW withdrawal the minute I land back at home!!!

Reality smacks me in the face when I enter the city I live and I wish, wish, wish I can go back.

The good thing that keeps me going is that I already had booked the November 2011 vacation prior to leaving our for our November 2010 trip :cloud9:

Plex
04-15-2011, 10:27 PM
March has been the best trip I've done so far in a lot of ways. Mild weather (or a little chilly, depending on where you're from), really light crowds, and you can catch the beginning of Flower and Garden Festival. Definitely awesome!

ransam
04-16-2011, 12:14 PM
we went once over easter vacation, and we didn't even get close to the park. If i remembe it was in late march, early april, so make sure you check out when easter is next year.

KatieDuck22
04-18-2011, 01:49 PM
I've been over presidents day in feb. before and the only complaint i have is that it was rather chilly. crowds are good though. and i believe plane tickets (whereever you are) would be less expensive. GET BACK THERE!:mickey: