PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best cup of java?

DisneyKidsMom
04-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Just wondering who has the best cup of coffee in each of the parks? I like to start my day off with a nice cup of coffee. Hopefully not something instant. Thanks.

BrerGnat
04-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Any place that does NOT sell Nescafe. :ack:

Some of the fancy "fru fru" coffee carts/kiosks in the parks sell REAL coffee. I don't think there is one in MK, but all the other parks have one (and Epcot has the Fountainview Cafe). The Polynesian and Contemporary both have good coffee stands in the lobbies!

DizneyRox
04-12-2011, 10:29 PM
I've not had a good cup o' Joe at Disney. At the Parks, I'm not sure what to say. The resorts might be your best bet.

Jared
04-12-2011, 10:36 PM
I've not had a good cup o' Joe at Disney. At the Parks, I'm not sure what to say. The resorts might be your best bet.
What about the press pots at Kona and Boma? People seem to like the coffee at those places.

DisneyDoug2
04-13-2011, 08:55 AM
The AK has pressed coffee which is really good and not the Sanka that they serve everywhere else in the parks.

PrettyMinnie
04-13-2011, 09:02 AM
The AK has pressed coffee which is really good and not the Sanka that they serve everywhere else in the parks.

Agreed.

ILoveLegos
04-13-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm not a coffee drinker, but Victoria & Alberts coffee, including the brewing system - is knock your socks off! Wow - so amazing! :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
04-13-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't think I have ever had a cup of coffee in the parks. The Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge serves up some good coffee though.

BrerGnat
04-13-2011, 12:59 PM
My sister got a latte once in Animal Kingdom from a kiosk. She said it was quite good. It wasn't Nescafe. As I recall, it was sort of near the Tree of Life.

mickey_M_lvr
04-13-2011, 03:05 PM
:offtopic: Why does Disney serve Nescafe' if no one likes it. I would have to be so desperate for caffeine do drink it. I think I would first put the grounds inbetween my cheek & gums like a chew. LOL :ack:

PrettyMinnie
04-13-2011, 03:25 PM
My sister got a latte once in Animal Kingdom from a kiosk. She said it was quite good. It wasn't Nescafe. As I recall, it was sort of near the Tree of Life.

If we are referring to the same kiosk, all of the coffee and hot beverages are quite good. I have had several different things including lattes, black coffee and chai tea. :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
04-13-2011, 03:38 PM
:offtopic: Why does Disney serve Nescafe' if no one likes it. I would have to be so desperate for caffeine do drink it. I think I would first put the grounds inbetween my cheek & gums like a chew. LOL :ack:
$pon$or$hip

Jared
04-13-2011, 04:51 PM
$pon$or$hip
A funny story about Nescafe: I traveled to Israel several years ago and could barely find any coffee other than Nescafe in the entire country. Turns out the locals there love the stuff and prefer it to regular coffee. Further proof that it's impossible to generalize!

ElenitaB
04-13-2011, 10:48 PM
And in Mexico, people call Nescafe "No es café" (it's not coffee). Doesn't stop people from buying it though. :blush:

There is a new kiosk outside Epcot that serves decent coffee and there's one inside the park as well in the area between the entrance to Innoventions (near the Electric Umbrella) and the beginning of the walkway to Ellen's Energy Adventure.

If you go to 'Ohana for breakfast, you can ask for a pot of pressed coffee (you'll get charged for it but it's worth it).

And if you like Starbucks, you can get it at the Swolphin.

I always used to bring some coffee from home and a Melitta cone with paper filters.

DunkieKong
04-13-2011, 11:09 PM
There is a nice little coffee kiosk right outside of Tower of Terror. They serve actual coffee. I frequent this little spot.

Also, good coffee can be had at the GCH at the Poly from the counter service place right next to the Kona cafe. The coffee is good, and the Mickey Head chocolate chip cookies are the best breakfast on property. We will get up extra early and travel to the Poly from whichever resort we are staying just for the coffee.

RBrooksC
04-14-2011, 08:58 AM
The last two times I was at Disney I had coffee at Kona at the Poly. I would get a cup to go from the kiosk outside the restaurant.

brownie
04-14-2011, 09:39 AM
I must be in the minority since I don't mind the Nescafe.

I'm not sure what Electric Umbrella at Epcot serves, but I had a decent cup of coffee from there on our last trip. I also enjoyed the coffee from Everything Pop at Pop Century.

princessgirls
04-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Well, those are some good tips!!!

Over the years, I have grown quite fond of a morning coffee, more for the jump start I get from the caffeine.
I normally AVOID coffee all together in WDW, but it's good to know there are a few good spots for it, if you NEED it!!

Julie:mickey:

poohspal
04-15-2011, 08:43 AM
The coffee is the one thing I don't like about Disney. We love coffee, and actually bring a mini-Keurig for our room. Crazy? Probably, but we like to start our day off with a good cup of coffee. I have had lattes/cappuchinos at the little kiosks in the parks, and that is good.
Liz

EJS-Houston
04-15-2011, 05:37 PM
The friend I go most often to DisneyWorld with is a coffee drinker, although I'm not. When we were last there, I bought her online a small, easily portable/packable (and relatively inexpensive...even though it was a name brand) travel coffeemaker and some gourmet coffee so she could have a cup first thing every morning. It worked beautifully; I highly recommend it.

Disney Yankee
04-15-2011, 08:48 PM

I wonder about this all the time!!!:mad: We love Disney, :mickey: but definitely can't stand the coffee. The only place that has decent coffee in my opinion is Starring Rolls Cafe in DHS.

A Big Kid
04-17-2011, 07:50 AM
I am a serious coffee drinker. Can not live without it. Everytime I go to WDW and the coffee urge starts climbing up my spine, I think to myself, "WDW Coffee- What kind of Mickey Mouse operataion is this anyway!?"

rhonary
04-17-2011, 08:56 AM
Starring Rolls in the studios has decent coffee...not Nescafe!!

princessjojo
04-18-2011, 10:22 AM
I usually bring my own coffee from home and make some each morning in our room/villa. My biggest problem is coffee creamer because I detest vanilla/fr. vanilla or powder creamer, and if I want something other than the usually cream, I have to bring this as well.

This year, I'm headed to Poly first stop and buying some of the Kona coffee and I can't wait. No cream here as I want to taste the coffee and not the cream.

caryrae
04-19-2011, 08:37 PM
A funny story about Nescafe: I traveled to Israel several years ago and could barely find any coffee other than Nescafe in the entire country. Turns out the locals there love the stuff and prefer it to regular coffee. Further proof that it's impossible to generalize!

Must be a middle eastern thing because Nescafe is a big deal in Egypt too along with Turkish coffee.