PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions needed ASAP!

Miss Tink 2
04-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Just found out my brother in law and family are going to WDW May 20-25 for the first time. They only have 1 ADR and have the Deluxe Dining Plan. There are 7 in their family and they are all basically adults. 5 of their family are boys who LOVE to eat, so buffets and family style would be good. I don't know how many ADR's they will be able to get as it's only 5 weeks away. Please help with suggestions!! Thanks!:confused:

sassy2000
04-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Here is a list of family-style & buffets we like:
Ohana, Garden Grill, Boma, Cape May Cafe, Tusker House
Breakfasts: Crystal Palace, Boma, Cape May, Ohana, 1900 Park Fare.
The following are usually available but are not buffets: Restaurant Marrakesh, Chefs de France, Kona Cafe
Definitely need to get online now and see what is available. If they do not do at least 2 table services a day, I don't think the deluxe dining plan is going to be cost effective.

the other micki
04-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Here is a list of family-style & buffets we like:
Ohana, Garden Grill, Boma, Cape May Cafe, Tusker House
Breakfasts: Crystal Palace, Boma, Cape May, Ohana, 1900 Park Fare.
The following are usually available but are not buffets: Restaurant Marrakesh, Chefs de France, Kona Cafe
Definitely need to get online now and see what is available. If they do not do at least 2 table services a day, I don't think the deluxe dining plan is going to be cost effective.

These are good choices. Also, I thought of Chef Mickey's and Biergarten (Buffets) and Liberty Tree Tavern (Family Style). We enjoyed all of these.

buzznwoodysmom
04-12-2011, 10:00 PM
If they are having trouble filling in ADRs for all those credits, maybe suggest they try a few of the signature restaurants to burn up 2 credits at a time. Also if they can get in at the dinner shows this late those also take 2 credits. This way if they at least get to use most of the credits they won't feel as though they've wasted so much money. Also trying some of the resorts is a great way to find open ADRs. The monorail resorts usually book up fast, but many of the other resorts, especially the moderate resorts, often have ADRs available at any given time. Good luck to them.

buzznwoodysmom
04-12-2011, 10:02 PM
A couple more suggestions. Both Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club, and ESPN at the Boardwalk don't take ADRs. If they have a few open nights they can try to eat at these places as its walk ups only. Room service is also an option, or in room pizza delivery.

Stitch98
04-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Ohana is an all you can eat style buffet with wings, vegtabes, and endless meat, meat, meat.:figment:

Jared
04-12-2011, 10:42 PM
No need to panic! Five weeks is plenty of time to make dining reservations. I often book my trips within of month of going, because my work makes it difficult to plan vacations far in advance. I have had little problems snagging nearly all my reservations, even when I travel during the busy season!

Boma is easily my favorite buffet restaurant. I'm not into character meals, but I enjoy Tusker House for breakfast. I have had especially good luck making reservations at Kona Cafe, Kouzzina and Marrakesh, among others, on short notice.

Good luck!

nfrustaci
04-13-2011, 09:02 AM
on our last trip we decided to visit the hotels so we made reservations at the hotel eateries. we had no problems doing that. if they don't mind leaving the parks they should have no problems getting adrs. i will caution you that it does take alot of time out of going to the parks. perhaps they would be better going to the signature eateries or even to dtd for their meals. i fear that they will not be able to get any adrs in the parks with their party size and late date. if disney is giving the dining plan for free then they will def have an issue getting adrs since most people will want to go for the character meals.

Kaps
04-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Bomas, Ohanas, Whispering Canyon cafe, crystal palace

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Crystal Palace and Biergarten are two buffets we've enjoyed.

PrettyMinnie
04-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Our family of 6 really enjoys Chef Mickey's for breakfast/dinner as well as the Tuskar House in AK for breakfast.

disney_daddy
04-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Try Big River Grille and Brewing Works, it's at Boardwalk, we found out about it last year and they do not take reservations. Also in Epcot I'd try Teppan Edo. We go each year and it's a blast.