PDA

View Full Version : DDP and ADRs

wdwaggie
04-12-2011, 03:37 PM
What effect, if any does having the DDP have on making ADRs? I have made my ADRs for my Sept trip but I have not booked my trip yet nor purchased the DDP yet, but my ADRs are booked in the system with conf #s. Does anyone see any fault with this system in the sense that my ADRs may not be valid?:confused:

KylesMom
04-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Does anyone see any fault with this system in the sense that my ADRs may not be valid?
Not at all. Remember, there are still those who stay off site and make ADRs all of the time. You don't have to have a room booked, nor your DDP confirmed to have valid ADRs. It just makes it easier to book them when you can do 180 days+10 in one shot instead of calling each day if you do not have a reservation number. :mickey:

wdwaggie
04-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Good, I feel a little more secure now. We are 160+ days out and I was able to make all 8 of them on-line in one sitting. Maybe it helped that I was logged in with my WDW account on the disney site?

Strmchsr
04-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Maybe it helped that I was logged in with my WDW account on the disney site?

Nope. An ADR is an ADR no matter how you log in or where you're staying. The only "perk" to onsite is, as mentioned above, the 180+10.

gerald72
04-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Correct. The DDP is merely a manner of paying for the meal. It is not needed to book it.

LisaP
04-13-2011, 11:59 AM
The only pitfall that I encountered was a few ADRs required advance payment (Cinderella's Castle, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, etc). However, if you have DDP with your vacation package, you only need to use a credit card to confirm the reservation.

I booked my ADRs before my package was confirmed but was able to call Disney Dining and make the necessary adjustments.

Happy planning!