PDA

View Full Version : Q's about Pop Century

dbright
04-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Hello!

We've stayed at other values, but may want to try Pop our next trip.

I've heard mention the rooms have balconies? And from the rooms that face the Lake, the fireworks can be viewed...is this correct?
I saw there's a generation gap bridge...can you by chance cross that and walk to MK and/or Epcot?
Any info would be helpful!
Thanks!!!
Deb

princessgirls
04-12-2011, 12:08 PM
I don't recall any rooms with balconies, but depending on the direction your room faces, you could see the fireworks from Epcot from the resort. That is true! Maybe even the studios too.

Julie:mickey:

BrerGnat
04-12-2011, 12:12 PM
The rooms at POP don't have balconies. They have an outdoor hallway, with railings if you're on floors 2-4.

You can see some of the high fireworks from parts of the resort, but honestly, it's not something worth seeking out. It's too far to really be impressive.

You cannot walk to any parks from POP (or any of the other value or moderate resorts). The only resorts where you can walk to the parks are:

Contemporary (walk to Magic Kingdom)

Walk to Epcot/Studios from:
Boardwalk Inn
Beach Club/Yacht Club
Swan/Dolphin

brownie
04-12-2011, 01:02 PM
The Pop Century buildings are just like the buildings at the All-Star resorts; the rooms open to the outside.

The Generation Gap bridge was to link the two parts of Pop Century, the Classic Years and the Legendary Years, and will not take to any of the parks. The Legendary Years was never completed and that area will now be the Art of Animation resort.

princessgirls
04-12-2011, 01:56 PM
The Pop is not in ANY walking distance to any parks, however, the WDW transportation system (A/K/A busing system from Pop) is top-notch!!!

Julie:mickey:

LynneM
04-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Sorry, there's nothing within walking distance of Pop.....MK and Epcot are both several miles away.

No balconies at Pop. All of the value and moderate resorts are motel-style, so your door will open onto a concrete walkway with metal railings. Oops, I just noticed that you said you'd stayed at other values - Pop is constructed just like the All-Stars.

It's true that from some buildings, you can stand outside your room on that walkway and see some of the higher fireworks from Epcot's Illuminations show. You won't be able to see the show itself, but it is pretty cool to see some fireworks from your hotel.

JerseyDad
04-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Sorry, there's nothing within walking distance of Pop.....MK and Epcot are both several miles away.

No balconies at Pop. All of the value and moderate resorts are motel-style, so your door will open onto a concrete walkway with metal railings. Oops, I just noticed that you said you'd stayed at other values - Pop is constructed just like the All-Stars.

It's true that from some buildings, you can stand outside your room on that walkway and see some of the higher fireworks from Epcot's Illuminations show. You won't be able to see the show itself, but it is pretty cool to see some fireworks from your hotel.

....and there's a better chance of seeing the fireworks from POP because they have 4-story buildings vs. the 3-story ones at the other values.