PDA

View Full Version : Using your Disney Rewards Card

Luv4WDW
04-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Can anybody tell me if some of the smaller carts in the parks take the Disney Rewards card that you get for using your Disney credit card? I'm thinking about the ice cream carts and things of that nature.

eel
04-12-2011, 09:47 AM
When we were there in January, 2009 we had no problem with using our rewards card anywhere. Planning on doing the same thing when we're down this December.

JPL
04-12-2011, 09:57 AM
The only problems I have had using my rewards card was when the item cost more than the balance on the card and the CMs didn't know how to properly process the transaction. I ran into this problem a few times over the years.

LVT
04-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Ask each time. Some vendors do not have the correct electronic connections for them, or have temporary problems. Mostly, it seemed easy.

Scott C
04-15-2011, 11:53 AM
I avoid this situation by just charging everything on my KTTW and then using the rewards card to pay towards the balance

Thanks
Scott C

DisneyDINK
04-15-2011, 12:13 PM
I avoid this situation by just charging everything on my KTTW and then using the rewards card to pay towards the balance

The resort desk CMs are going to be more familiar with the rewards card than a CM selling ice cream in the park. I think it is the easiest way to get every last dollar off the card.

You'll get the feel for where you can use the card after talking to a few CMs while you're there.

DisneyDoug2
04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
I have used all sorts of credit media at the small vendors without much issue. The biggest thing that I run into is the credit machine is down and you can not use credit or the snack plan.