PDA

View Full Version : Marceline in WDW

ransam
04-12-2011, 12:30 AM
i live about 3 miles from Marceline, MO. I go there about 2 times a year.
there's a lot of stuff about Walt there... one of the coolest things is Walt donated the original cars for the autopia and t hey had a small track to go around, but that's closed now. they have a Walt disney museum. you an see mainstreet which influenced Main Street at DL. you can see the house he use to live in, and his barn, and wishing tree.
when i go to MK, i often wear a Marceline shirt and i have so many CM's comment on it.
I was just curious, but don't you think it be kind of cool to have a bit of Marceline in MK? maybe just a movie or jsut a display explaining how much Marceline influenced Walt and his dream of DIsneyland which influenced WDW.
i also think it be cool to have some more history about the original imagneers, and of Ub Iwerks, etc... maybe that's just the historian in me....

JPL
04-12-2011, 09:36 AM
There is a bit of it in the One's Man Dream Exhibit in DHS or at least there are references to it.

Disneyfan28
04-13-2011, 08:45 AM
There is a new tour in MK called "Walt Disney-Marceline to Magic Kingdom" we just signed up for the tour for our may vaca the cost is $30 per person plus tx. Its a comparison of how things in his life come to light in WDW Resort & attractions.

brownie
04-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Marceline was supposed to have had some influence on Main Street, so in a way it's already there on Main Street.

ransam
04-16-2011, 03:05 AM
Yea, main street in Marceliene, is pretty fun to walk down. you can definitly tell it influenced Walt's view of mainstreet in disneyland.

Joannelet
04-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Very cool that you are from there! I will have to see it someday.

IloveDisney71
04-16-2011, 12:02 PM
There is a new tour in MK called "Walt Disney-Marceline to Magic Kingdom" we just signed up for the tour for our may vaca the cost is $30 per person plus tx. Its a comparison of how things in his life come to light in WDW Resort & attractions.

That sounds like a neat tour. I might like to take that whenever I make it back to WDW. :mickey: