PDA

View Full Version : World Showcase: Your dream country?

McLiberal8
04-11-2011, 04:04 PM
I am curious what everyone has in mind for World Showcase - if they could add any new country, which would you choose? What would you put there?

I think Spain would be great. A tapas resturant would rock! They could have a 'Tomatina' attraction, where you can throw virtual tomatoes at eachother! :P

big blue and hairy
04-11-2011, 04:23 PM
1. Spain, love the country, love the food, love the wine!

2. Greece

3. Russia.

:sulley:

Goofy_Gripp
04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I'd like to see Turkey. Could be some great history and architecture, as well as nice food!

Basket Mommy
04-11-2011, 05:06 PM
I would love to see Australia. I just don't think there's anything in World Showcase like it.

EJS-Houston
04-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I'd love to see a Russia pavilion. Or maybe Australia.

WIMickeymommy
04-11-2011, 05:29 PM
I agree, Russia would be great. Even South Africa.

crazygoalie39
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
There are quite a few, but I think the ones I would like to see most are Greece, Australia, and Russia.

akaDisneyDreamer
04-11-2011, 05:43 PM
I've always thought Greece would be make a great additon, there would be intresting looking buildings and wonderful food options!

I also agree Russia and Spain would be good choices as well!

ransam
04-11-2011, 06:00 PM
1. Switzerland
2. Australia
3. Russian
4. Thailand

Jared
04-11-2011, 06:28 PM
A few I would love, in no particular order:

Spain (the obvious and popular choice)
Israel (despite the political implications, I think it would fit wonderfully)
Brazil (South America desperately needs representation in World Showcase

Australia would be wonderful as well, but I would rather save an Australian-themed land for a future Animal Kingdom expansion.

BandMan
04-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Brazil (South America desperately needs representation in World Showcase)

I agree. Either Brazil, Argentina, Chile or Peru would be terrific. Each has a unique culture, topography and history. It would also be great for many Americans to learn that South American cuisine is NOT Mexican cuisine.

Greek food would be such a great fit in the world showcase. It's also has such classic (no pun intended) landmarks and culture. However, with Greece's current economic situation, I don't see a sponsorship happening any time soon.

Thepeterpan
04-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Denmark
Brazil
Spain
Greece (great food) :peter:

PirateLover
04-11-2011, 08:22 PM
I

I think Spain would be great. A tapas resturant would rock! They could have a 'Tomatina' attraction, where you can throw virtual tomatoes at eachother! :P

Hah! Funny, Tomatina just came up in a recent dinner conversation while we were out with family!

I think any addition would be great, but Russia or Spain would be at the top of my list.

DunkieKong
04-11-2011, 08:50 PM
My vote definitely goes for Australia. I think the possibilities would be endless.

mouseketeer mom
04-11-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm in the minority here.
I'd like to see Poland.
And Greece as well!

BrowncatP
04-11-2011, 08:56 PM
In 2001 at the National Building Museum in D.C. there was a great exhibit called The Architecture of Reassurance: Designing the Disney Theme Parks. One of the models shown was for a World Showcase of Russia. Disney does have plans for the country.

PrettyMinnie
04-11-2011, 09:20 PM
A few I would love, in no particular order:

Spain (the obvious and popular choice)
Israel (despite the political implications, I think it would fit wonderfully)
Brazil (South America desperately needs representation in World Showcase

Australia would be wonderful as well, but I would rather save an Australian-themed land for a future Animal Kingdom expansion.

I have to agree with Spain, Brazil and then Greece. I never thought about Australia as part of an AK expansion but that sounds like an excellent idea! :mickey:

squad51
04-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Illinois, I would love to see a clean version of that.

alissantos
04-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Brazil, for sure!!! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Russia or Greece, I think Egypt would be cool too

DVCJohn
04-12-2011, 08:09 AM
For all of us guys I think there is only one country to add; SWEDEN..
What could be better that Sweden represented by their greatest natural resource: THE SWEDISH BIKINI TEAM..... ( I am using "natural' kinda tongue in cheek.)

EpcotFan182
04-12-2011, 08:23 AM
I would like to see either Spain or Greece added! :mickey:

slegrant
04-12-2011, 09:03 AM
In no particular order:

Brazil
Spain
Russia

I also like the idea of Australia:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
04-12-2011, 09:18 AM
I would love to see both Russia and India in the World Showcase.

KylesMom
04-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Russia or Greece, I think Egypt would be cool too

Those would be my top three as well! :thumbsup:

azcavalier
04-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Actually, and I think i've mentioned this before, there is not a single country represented south of the equator. Unless you count "The Outpost", which I don't.

So, with that in mind:

1. Brazil
2. Australia
3. Argentina

caryrae
04-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Having been to Egypt a couple times it would be a great choice. Maybe The Netherlands too, not sure the Red Light District would work well at Disney though. Ireland may be cool too.

giroux28
04-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Australia
New Zealand
Fiji
Ireland
Greece
Brazil

laprana
04-12-2011, 11:07 AM
I'd love to see Greece or Egypt. Russia would be really neat, too. But, I really like the idea of a South American country! I don't know very much about South America, and I doubt I'll ever make it there in person, so I'd love to learn a little bit about it in Epcot! :D

AmandaChan
04-12-2011, 02:12 PM

TOTALLY Agree. When I saw the title of this thread I thought SPAIN!! I know they have the carts for Spain during the F&W festival and it has been a long time dream of mine to go there. They should have flamenco dancing! And Gaudi-esque buildings. DH and I had tickets booked to Spain a few years ago and I had a BIG fall through with my passport (LONG story) but basically my PP didn't get to my house in time even though I ordered it months in advance. The new mermaid ride + Spain in WS is my ultimate WDW dream! :mickey:

dnickels
04-13-2011, 09:08 AM
1. Russia
2. Brazil / Argentina / Chile (anything from S. America)
3. Greece
4. Egypt

Personally Australia is the one I'd least like to see. I think there's some great things they could do with it, but we already have two of the three countries most similar to 'us' (Americans) in the UK and Canada so I'd rather see some more variety.

That's So Raven
04-13-2011, 11:32 AM
It seems that I agree with the majority and think that Spain should be added to the world showcase. I can literally picture it in my head. Flamenco dancers as entertainment would be awesome. I also thought of India too. I wouldn't mind seeing Brazil. Or how about a pavilion that celebrates the Caribbean? I would feel right at home there.

nfrustaci
04-13-2011, 11:52 AM
I am curious what everyone has in mind for World Showcase - if they could add any new country, which would you choose? What would you put there?

sounds good to me..... Not sure what country i would like to see there..... i have only traveled the united states..... aruba, vegas, tennessee, florida, pennsylvania, virginia, washington dc, upstate New York and so on.

HackLaSalle
04-13-2011, 01:09 PM
I wish wish wish this would happen as well as throwing some rides in some deserving countries.

My top 3 would be:
1. Russia
2. Egypt
3. Somewhere in South America.

The architechture of both Russia and Egypt would make them incredible in the World Showcase.

BraddyB
04-13-2011, 02:01 PM
For all of us guys I think there is only one country to add; SWEDEN..
What could be better that Sweden represented by their greatest natural resource: THE SWEDISH BIKINI TEAM..... ( I am using "natural' kinda tongue in cheek.)

HA HA HA :thumbsup:

How about India.....maybe instead of a ride they can offer pc support ;)

crazygoalie39
04-13-2011, 02:14 PM
I think India would be a great addition. They could have some awesome bollywood dancing!:thumbsup:

garthbarth1
04-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Egypt for sure!!! There could be a boat ride inside a towering Pyramid that would take you down the Nile River...with Sphynx gurading the entrance. You could learn how to write your name in Hieroglyphics...:cloud9:

EvilQueen2006
04-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Lets see, north america, europe and asia are all represented pretty well, Morroco represents northern africa/middle east, so I would have to go with Australia, or a South American country. Or a Caribbean nation (anything but Jamaica.) Although a lot of the other countries mentioned could make pretty cool pavillions too. Greece, India, Russia, Egypt all have excellent architecture. Really i think anything would be great!!!:thumbsup:

PopeCharming
04-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Hmmm...ideally, I'd like an area without much World Showcase representation, so as much as I'd like to see Spain or Greece, I think the World showcase has enough Europe for now, and an expansion should look elsewhere.

Add my vote for India. It's the second most populous country in the world, and it will probably become the most populous within most of our lifetimes. The possibilities for an attraction-- a Ganges boat ride or something incorporating Bollywood would be fantastic. My hope, though, is that an attraction would do justice to the breadth of India-- there's a world of difference between the north and south of the country, and World Showcase pavillions tend to homogenize a country for simplicity's sake.

Failing that, though, Brazil or Peru would be terrific, and I'd also like to see Thailand.

Some of you have suggested Sweden, though-- and I think "Race to the Finnish Line" would be a good idea for an attraction...

Bzahlong
04-13-2011, 09:30 PM
In the 1981 preview guide, it listed Spain, Africa and Israel as "Coming soon". Seems like Disney was thinking about Spain as well.

I'd like Australia, Brazil, and Russia to be represented. India has a lot of potential as well.

kemps@wdw
04-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Greece

TysMomTink
04-17-2011, 08:52 AM
All of these are great ideas! I have to say I would love any additions to World Showcase. It's my favorite part of WDW and I feel like it needs some new energy.. not counting a few new restaurants recently...

sassy2000
04-17-2011, 09:02 AM
1. Greece
2. Argentina
3. Russia

Dedivah
04-17-2011, 09:59 AM
I'd like to see Spain and Greece. Some latin/hispanic food would be great!! I don't know much about Greek food but would love to try it.

Gator
04-17-2011, 07:52 PM
You have to have a country with recognizable architecture - and what's more recognizable the Great Pyramid of Cheops in Egypt. They could have a Sphinx and and so much more.

joonyer
04-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Another vote for Brazil (and a replica of the beach from Ipanema, and heck the girl, too!)

I would also like to see Australia or New Zealand.

Stitch98
04-18-2011, 08:39 AM
:chip: I would choose spain because of the history and culture.:dale:

Jared
04-18-2011, 10:35 AM
I'll add another vote for Greece. Meant to include it in my original post. Such a beautiful and fascinating country.

ryca1dreams
04-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Everyone has a reason for every country, but here is what I would do (in order):
- add Peru
- add India
- add Russia
- If you can find an African country with a stable government, add that. Kenya might work.

PETE FROM NYC
04-18-2011, 04:31 PM
How about a pavilion dedicated to Native Americans.

tiggerbuddy
04-18-2011, 08:48 PM
I agree !!

1. Spain, love the country, love the food, love the wine!

2. Greece

3. Russia.

AdventurerKim
04-21-2011, 03:28 PM
1. Greece
2. Russia

squad51
04-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Oh come on, my Illinois comment was darn funny. But seriously if I were to add a country it would have to be Croatia. Could you imagine the chicken roast.

johnO
04-21-2011, 10:24 PM
DW wife would say Armenia.

I'd say Argentina or Greece.

Bellerella
05-15-2011, 11:12 PM
I love this topic! World Showcase is my absolute favorite 'attraction' in all of WDW. My list in no specific order:
1. Russia (breath-taking buildings!)

2. Greece (great food and amazing history!)

3. Thailand (great food *can I hear curry??* and amazing buildings!)

4. The Netherlands (the famous tulips would be excellent for International Flower and Garden Festival!)

5. Denmark (Think replica of Little Mermaid statue near Copenhagen...)

:mickey: Post #100!! :mickey:

goofy89
05-17-2011, 01:33 AM
I think Russia could be a cool one with some really interesting and unique architecture.

RAIDER
05-17-2011, 03:19 AM
It has to be Austraila / NZ for me as nothing in that continent is really represented .It would make a lovely change ....
Otherwise i go for Greece followed by Spain :thumbsup:

caryrae
05-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Another one I thought may be good is Jamaica. Think the Jamaican food and music would be good and they could have an attraction that is a Bobsled ride.

darthmacho
05-17-2011, 01:31 PM
I think Brazil makes the most sense, because it represents South America, is a prominent country, has the Amazon Rainforest to feature in a possible ride or walkthrough (please, not a movie), and a Brazilian restaurant would be fabulous!

On the bright side, it would appear that Brazil is the newest rumored addition. :mickey:

disneydaisy
05-17-2011, 02:54 PM
India with the fabulous food, dance and the Taj Mahal or Egypt.