PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Plaza Restaurant

andypooh
04-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Heading down to WDW in 28 days!!! Will be a trip for my 40th birthday. Me and DW only. Kids will be staying with my parents. Very excited about the trip.

Have never eaten at the Plaza Restaurant. Wondering what everyone thinks about it. Have an ADR there the first night we arrive in WDW.

Thanks a lot.

mouseketeer mom
04-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Its fine. Nothing stand out spectacular, but good food. We had lunch here and all enjoyed it, but honestly, would have enjoyed one of our fave counter service places in MK just as well if not better for half the price. And we are normally a big table service family, but this really wouldn't be a repeat for us.

KylesMom
04-11-2011, 04:27 PM
It's a nice place to dine if you're looking for lighter fare but still want a place to sit & dine. It's usually our arrival and departure day late lunch. On our arrival day, we have a bad habit of not making time for sustenance, and it hits us like a brick wall late in the afternoon. At The Plaza, we can grab a good sandwich & head back out to the park with a short interuption to our days' excitement. :mickey:

iloveokw
04-11-2011, 04:27 PM
We really enjoy the Plaza restaurant. We don't do the DDP so it isn't like we are trying to get value out of the plan.

Madame Leona
04-11-2011, 04:45 PM
The Plaza is one of my favorties. I'm a sandwich girl though! I really like the veggie sandwich and my mom usually gets the turkey sandwich. Last time the hubby ordered meatloaf at dinner but that was a special. The desserts their are excellent also!

Jared
04-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I like the Plaza very much and strongly recommend it. Admittedly, the food is essentially glorified counter service, but the location on the end of Main Street and the neighborhood cafe atmosphere makes it a perfect place for a simple, relaxing table-service lunch. Public opinion of the Plaza seems to have plunged since the advent of the dining plan, which makes the restaurant a bad value. It costs one table-service credit, but the prices are significantly lower than those of other one-credit places.

Just another reason why I disdain the dining plan. Definitely try the Plaza. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

disneymom15
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
We really like it. Since we discovered it a few years back, it''s been one of our regular stops.

crazygoalie39
04-11-2011, 05:52 PM
The food isn't anything spectacular, but they have great sandwiches and a great atmosphere. :mickey:

faline
04-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Good burgers. Wonderful milk shakes.

PETE FROM NYC
04-11-2011, 06:36 PM
The sandwiches are decent, but nothing spectacular.
The place is small, with a lot of tables crowded in there. Not much elbow room.

AllDisney
04-11-2011, 07:59 PM
We ate there a few years ago (burgers) & were not impressed:( Haven't been back since.

EpcotFan182
04-12-2011, 08:47 AM
It had good food but nothing stuck out for me, I would probably go back there though.

guiness
04-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Love The Plaza! The food is always good- I love the strawberry chicken salad. We sometimes make ressies just to order the ice cream in a nice quiet atmosphere. The ice cream is awesome!:mickey:

ElenitaB
04-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Put me squarely into the "Fans of The Plaza" club. I love that place, particularly after a few days on the DDP. I really like the simplicity of the menu, the tomato soup (it's really good) and the atmosphere.

TheRustyScupper
04-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Our Ratings of Plaza Restuarant: (rev 2/4/11)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: D
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff helpfulness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a