PDA

View Full Version : Parking question

BandMan
04-11-2011, 01:29 PM
We are staying offsite in June, but close to the parks (Windsor Hills). As so many have suggested for this time of year, we would like to get to the parks early, take a break around lunch and head back to the parks in the evening.

My question is:

Do I have to pay a new parking fee each time? If I hop from, say, MK to AK will I have to pay for seperate parking in each lot? Anyone have some parking tips? :confused:

faline
04-11-2011, 01:30 PM
You need only pay the parking fee once per day - keep your receipt and you can return to the same parking lot or a different one at any time that day.

If you have an annual pass, you don't have to pay a parking fee.

BandMan
04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
You need only pay the parking fee once per day - keep your receipt and you can return to the same parking lot or a different one at any time that day.

If you have an annual pass, you don't have to pay a parking fee.

Outstanding. Thank you.

WishingStar2006
04-11-2011, 02:33 PM
We are staying offsite in June, but close to the parks (Windsor Hills). As so many have suggested for this time of year, we would like to get to the parks early, take a break around lunch and head back to the parks in the evening.

BandMan, we are staying at Windsor Hills this May...only way to afford all 8 of my family. We have never stayed offsite before and I'm a little nervous....how much of the magic will we miss without the total immersion. Have you stayed offsite before? Am I going to be sorry?

Thanks!

Goofy_Gripp
04-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Agree with above that you only pay parking once per day (regardless of going to same or different park).

We've stayed in Windsor Hills the last two visits (8-day trips with 11 people). As for losing "the magic", this was a concern in my group but we've found that the magic is amplified when everyone has a place to hang out together as a family! Instead of only having resort rooms to stay gather in, having a large living room and patio area is AMAZING! When going with a large group, I can't recommend off-site enough!

Enjoy your stay!

BandMan
04-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Have you stayed offsite before? Am I going to be sorry?

We have been both on and off site. Although there are certainly things that are just awesome about staying on property, we have found staying off property can be an excellent alternative - especially when you have a large group. We are a family of 6, plus we're bringing a friend of DD18. Not only are we saving BIG dollars on lodging, we can eat off property for some meals, which will also save.

I don't think you'll be sorry at all.

Momto3littlemice
04-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Here's another shout out for Windsor Hills with a large group. You are not going to be sorry! We all agreed to try it once... and we really saw the value in being all together! :mickey:

And Goofy Gripp...:welcome: to Intercot!!!

Pat Ryan
04-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Windsor hills is only about 10 minutes door to door from Dhs. Very close, we've stayed there Twice and it's great. Not great like staying at the Poly, but very low stress and driving on is faster than taking the bus from a moderate resort.

AXOAlum
04-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Can anyone tell me about the prices (ballpark) - I would like to hear more about it, but don't want to have to email a dozen people if the $$ is going to be too much. We usually stay at Pop Century (our family of four) but my family is looking at a large trip together next year (which will be 18 of us together). Plus, depending on the cost, our family may consider staying there in the future. Thanks! :mickey:

ransam
04-16-2011, 03:00 AM
one of the nice things, is that when you return, you will not be in a long ine, and can maybe find a better parking spot from others that have left...
have a great trip.