PDA

View Full Version : Got My ADRs today!!!!

Dedivah
04-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Today we are at out 180 day mark and I was up bright and early to get our ADRs in for our October trip!! :joy:

Saturday - Arrival Day
Dinner: Chef's de France (first time here: any reviews would be great.)

Sunday
Breakfast: Akershush Royal Banquet First time
We tried to get Cinderella's Royal table but they were booked. Is my DD7 going to be disappointed? :(

Dinner - Mama Melrose / Fantasmic Dinner

Monday
Dinner: Wolf Gang Puck

Tuesday
Dinner: Fulton Crab House First time

Wednesday
Dinner: Marrakesh First time

Thursday
Dinner: Coral Reef

Friday
Dinner: 'Ohana First time

We are only revisiting 3 restaurants this trip everything else is new.. I would greatly appreciate any reviews you may have on them.

Thank you!!

McLiberal8
04-11-2011, 12:50 PM

Sounds like a great list of ADRs!

I loved Chefs De France when I was on my solo trip in September. I had the DDP, and there was a prix fixe 3 course menu, where I got the french onion soup, the greyere mac and cheese, and the creme brulee. It was all AMAZING, and came with my own full baguette and butter. I also got the chance to meet Remy.
The servers were very nice and I loved the atmosphere.

SBETigg
04-11-2011, 12:57 PM
What an exciting day for you! Congratulations! I love it when that time comes. :mickey:

My impressions of the ones I know:
Chefs de France- A sentimental favorite for me, one of the best meals on my honeymoon trip 20 years ago. It has had ups and downs since then but my last meal here in 2010 was fantastique! I hope you enjoy.

Akershus- I've never been but I've seen glowing reviews about the princess interaction and I think it's a worthy substitute for the castle.

Marrakesh- If you're familiar with good middle-eastern food, this might not be a favorite for you. It's a slightly bland alternative to the real thing. But on the other hand, if it's all new for you, I think you will be pleasantly surprised and enjoy the experience. It's good food in a fun place, with some entertainment (belly dancer and band).

'Ohana- I hope you're hungry. Lots of food, all pretty good (though some of the meat skewers tend to be slightly dry), with an amazing dessert. Enjoy!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-11-2011, 02:51 PM
They all look good to me except Marakesh, we tried it in 2008 and did not like it at all...like the previous poster said if you've had good middle eastern food you will be disappointed

EvilQueen2006
04-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Today we are at out 180 day mark and I was up bright and early to get our ADRs in for our October trip!! :joy:

Saturday - Arrival Day

I am trying this for the first time on my next trip as well, so no input on this one

Sunday
We tried to get Cinderella's Royal table but they were booked. Is my DD7 going to be disappointed? :( Excellent interaction witht he princesses, and the food on the buffet was good. The hot foods all seemed really salty to me, but it may have been an off day.

Always go with the package, but I personally prefer H&V. Mama Melrose is decent though, nothing really bad to say about it.
Monday
Dinner: Wolf Gang PuckOne of my favs! The pizzas and sushi are YUMMY!!!!!

Tuesday
Dinner: Fulton Crab House First timenever been so no input

Wednesday
Dinner: Marrakesh First timeI have eaten here twice. The first time I loved it and calle dit my favorite disney restaurant. couln't wait to go again. The next time, eh. . .not great.

Thursday
Dinner: Coral Reef yummy food, great atmosphere! loved the chocolate cake dessert!

Friday
Dinner: 'Ohana First time Not one of my favorites, but the dessert was amazing!!!

We are only revisiting 3 restaurants this trip everything else is new.. I would greatly appreciate any reviews you may have on them.

Thank you!!

Hope this helps, have a great trip!!!!

jonahbear2006
04-12-2011, 12:27 AM

Saturday - Arrival Day
Dinner: Chef's de France (first time here: any reviews would be great.) We thought this was just ok but the service was really slow and when we asked politely for them to speed it up because we had to be at MNNSHP, they became rude and spiteful. I wont return here for a long time. The food wasn't spectacular and the creme brulee was much better for me at wolfgang puck

Sunday
We tried to get Cinderella's Royal table but they were booked. Is my DD7 going to be disappointed? :(
We love this restaurant. I think this is sooo much better than CRT. the food is great and plentiful, the interaction is better, and placing yourself in the world showcase early in the day offers you the chance of running into even more characters, since that area offers so many interactions till about 4pm.

never eaten here before but id like to go with what the person said above. Id prefer to get the buffet just because we are buffet people

Monday
Dinner: Wolf Gang Puck
Awesome! great restaurant!

Tuesday
Dinner: Fulton Crab House First time
Never done this

Wednesday
Dinner: Marrakesh First time
Never done this

Thursday
Dinner: Coral Reef
Horrible experience. The service was slow from waiting an hour to be seated to waiting 20 min to get our credit card back. We mustve spent 3 hours eating dinner here. We were so angry and it was my daughter's bday and our arrival day. Left a bad taste in my mouth, figuratively, but the food was all good. Nothing bad to say about dinner, just management

Friday
Dinner: 'Ohana First time
Love Love Love Ohana! We really love all of the food and the kids really enjoy coming here because of all the activities. I am less a fan of the dessert than I am of the wonderful wings, wontons, the honey lime dressing on the salad, the noodles, and the bread! What a wonderful buffet!!!

Thank you!!

Looks like a really great ADR list! I hope you have an excellent trip ! take lots of food pictures! Its fun to grade them yourself afterwards and look back and remember. We actually have a scrapbook where we put the pictures and the grades we gave the restaurant, to look back on, for food memories!

forever a child
04-12-2011, 09:48 AM
T

Sunday

We ate here during our last trip and it was really lovely. I do not think your DD will be disappointed. I forgot that the meal includes a photo with one of the princesses...so make sure your daughter is dressed for her photo. I am sure she will love that. Belle was the princess with the photo the night we ate there. It was cold and we were not expecting it, LOL...so we are wearing jeans and sweatshirt hoodies! Oh well, maybe next time we will be dressed nicer.

I an not sure about the menu for young children...but we enjoyed our meal. The place looks like a castle with stain glass windows and high ceilings...it is very nice. There is a cold buffet which hopefully you enjoy cold meats, cheeses, potatoe salad and tossed salads. I think there were some fruits and there were hot rolls too. This is all you can eat. I ordered the beef tips which I absolutely loved. My DD ordered a pasta dish which was probably some of the best pasta we have had at WDW.

The princess are all very lovely and there are about 3 or 4 that come out and make there way to each table (When we were there there was Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel and Sleeping Beauty). They look lovely and are wonderful. They have great interaction with each guest. They also do a little parade at one point through the meal and both boys and girls are encouraged to participate.

I hope your daughter enjoys it. My DD (age 16) did. It is one of our favorite places now and I can't wait to go back some time in the future.:mickey: