PDA

View Full Version : Episode 13 - The Spooky Scary Edition

John
04-11-2011, 11:50 AM
The Cast: Melanie Bounds, Gary O’Brien, Carol Robert, Ian Mitchell John Yaglenski

- We’re all here & Ian’s asking for a raise

- The Haunted Mansion Queue. Mel and John are mixed. Kids totally dig it. John thought it would be lit better at night and a little more creepy. How bout adding some fog to the graveyard.

- The obligatory Horizons mention 8 minutes in.

- Where’s Nugget Way?

- New Haunted Mansion ending… the hitch hiking ghosts come alive and lift your head off. Gary wonders how long this will actually be cool given Kinect does similar stuff.

- Town Square Theater - John likes the queue and the meet and greet area but thinks all the pictures should have been "magic pictures" instead of mixing actual posters with living picture screens.

- Cruise Line Announcements - Sailing from ports of New York, Seattle & Galveston. Heading to Alaski, Western Caribbean, Hawaii.

- Carol - plug and unplug.

- Coupons @ the Magic Kingdom. 25% off during off hours. April 17-23. Also doing them at the bottom of purchases in park.

- Twitter & Facebooks Stuff: Follow & Tweet us @INTERCOT. John is about ready to dump his phone carrier because it’s nearly impossible to send picture tweets.

(Sorry for the audio skipping near the end of part 1 - we were aware of the issue but resolved it at the break).

- INTERCOT’s Best of - The ride we used to NOT like, but now you do. Ian goes first and then requried editing yet again. Gary says Mexico’s El Rio Del Tiempo. Ian says PASS. Carol chimes in with the Movie in Canada. John didn’t like Space Mountain as a kid - loves it now. Ian finally figures something out - Finding Nemo show. For Mel it’s the Speedway.

- Mel got her Kingdom Keepers book signed. Discussion of the books.

- Christopher Walken and Duffy mention.

- Best Beer on Property. Mel says a Golden from UK, Snakebite at UK, Guiness or Rocket Red for Gary, Peroni from Italy for Ian. John says the correct answer is a Golden. Wants to know why you can’t get it outside despite the fact they have Stella and Bass both on tap.

- Fish & Chips - John prefers Epcot to Cookes of Dublin.

- Gary reveals the voice of Eeyore and Optimus Prime are one and the same.

- Bonnet Creek Resort - what’s it near? Caribbean Beach resort is the correct answer and there are a bunch of resorts there. Among them, the Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria Resorts. John loves the hotel and thinks the property is beautiful. See the @INTERCOT twitter feed for photos. The pool w/ lazy river is amazing.

- John went to his first wrestling match. Rip Ride Rockit - secret songs. City Walk has a great live band Karoke bar. We may want to go there for LMNOP.

- The Magic, The Memories and You. We love it - we didn’t want to love it but we love it.

- Snailfest and the most boring vacations ever.

- Vinylmation, Hidden Discounts

Sponsor Links:
The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC)
Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com)

> Listen Here (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-13.asp)

Jim&AngieMarriner
04-11-2011, 01:09 PM
YAY. you guys used my question about what ride you like now that you didnt used to.

Listening now!!

Mufasa
04-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Weak Duffy mention in this podcast (no love for the new Duffy ear hats?)- your position as the best Duffy podcast on the internet is waning.

Gary will be disappointed to learn that Eeyore is no longer officially voiced by Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime) but is now voiced by Pixar animator Bud Luckey in the upcoming Winnie the Pooh feature animated film.

Perhaps what is even more strange about the new film is that Rabbit is voiced by Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants).

John
04-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Weak Duffy mention in this podcast (no love for the new Duffy ear hats?)- your position as the best Duffy podcast on the internet is waning.

Gary will be disappointed to learn that Eeyore is no longer officially voiced by Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime) but is now voiced by Pixar animator Bud Luckey in the upcoming Winnie the Pooh feature animated film.

Perhaps what is even more strange about the new film is that Rabbit is voiced by Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants).

Sorry, didn't have the intel on or see the new Duffy Ear hats...

JPL
04-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Isn't it always scary when John, Ian and Gary get together for anything :confused: What makes this one any scarier than the others?

dpamac
04-11-2011, 07:44 PM

I haven't seen the movie yet. Is it considered cannon? I mean, there's a lot of Star Wars stuff that was released that isn't cannon...But Zooey Deschanel's band She & Him is singing on the soundtrack and she's my pretend girlfriend, so that's good.

But come on, isn't that weird? I can usually pick out Peter Cullen in anything. His voice was pervasive in my later childhood. But I just never connected those two...Amazing.

Mufasa
04-11-2011, 08:05 PM
The upcoming Winnie the Pooh film is definitely canon- first, it's being produced by WDFA as opposed to the direct to video films released under DisneyToon Studios but more importantly goes back to A.A. Milne's original books Winnie-the-Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner (although I think it also adapts some stuff from Return to the Hundred Acre Wood)

The senior story artist on the film is Burny Mattison who was an assistant animator on the first featurette Winnie the Pooh and the Hunny Tree

It features from Winnie-the-Pooh:

In Which Eeyore Loses a Tail and Pooh Finds One
In Which Christopher Robin Leads an Expotition to the North Pole (which had been done previously but with some notable changes in Piglet's Big Movie)

From The House at Pooh Corner:

In Which Rabbit Has a Busy Day, and We Learn What Christopher Robin Does in the Mornings

As for Eeyore's voice- I more associate it with animator/story artist Ralph Wright from the original featurettes and films rather than Peter Cullen's work on the TV series and DisneyToon films so I never associated Eeyore with Optimus Prime.

In keeping with strange voice work related stuff- Jon Walmsley (who portrayed Jason Walton in the TV series) as a child actor provided the voice of Christopher Robin in Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day but as far as a Disney parks reference he was performing at Disneyland in the pirate band The Bootstrappers appearing in New Orleans Square.

Ian
04-11-2011, 08:28 PM
As for Eeyore's voice- I more associate it with animator/story artist Ralph Wright from the original featurettes and films rather than Peter Cullen's work on the TV series and DisneyToon films so I never associated Eeyore with Optimus Prime.As do I ... I think that's why I'm still having a hard time associating the two.

Who does the Eeyore voice in the WDW attraction? "First the wind ... and now this ... "

That voice doesn't sound at all like Optimus Prime.

Melanie
04-11-2011, 09:00 PM
In keeping with strange voice work related stuff- Jon Walmsley (who portrayed Jason Walton in the TV series) as a child actor provided the voice of Christopher Robin in Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day but as far as a Disney parks reference he was performing at Disneyland in the pirate band The Bootstrappers appearing in New Orleans Square.

Oh my! Is he still appearing at Disneland?

Mufasa
04-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Oh my! Is he still appearing at Disneland?

You know, I can't remember the last time I saw The Bootstrappers, but it wasn't too long ago that he was over at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ as one of the performers in the show there.

Melanie
04-11-2011, 09:20 PM
You know, I can't remember the last time I saw The Bootstrappers, but it wasn't too long ago that he was over at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ as one of the performers in the show there.

Funny.

Oh, I just wanted to add that since we recorded this episode, I haven't been able to stop humming the El Rio del Tiempo song.

sgdisney
04-11-2011, 09:28 PM
I can't seem to get Lucky Episode 13 on iTunes. Is it going to be out there sometime soon?

Keep up the good work. Love the podcasts!

John
04-11-2011, 09:31 PM
I got it on iTunes. But I did have to hit the refresh button to force it to download. ANNOYING. Stupid iTunes.

dpamac
04-11-2011, 09:32 PM
It was probably Cullen who did the voice for the attraction, as he did it for the TV show and the more recent DVD releases.

I actually associate the original voices as well. But I've been hearing that voice so often in the Heffalump Movie, etc. that it's shocking. Cullen's voice is all over 80s cartoons, but I just can't hear it in Eeyore.

dpamac
04-11-2011, 09:35 PM
Also, you can find comparisons on YouTube. Though the one I found managed to mix in Ralph Wright too.

sgdisney
04-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Thanks, John. For some reason I could not get it directly through my iPhone but I got it when I hooked it up to my PC. Me and iTunes don't always get along so well!

KylesMom
04-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Mel, I'm envious that you were able to get a copy of The Kingdom Keepers autographed by Ridley Pearson himself! Looking forward to reading this next one.

I brought up this series of books to DS quite some time ago, and his school library finally got them on the shelves. We've both enjoyed reading them over the past couple of months. They are fun, especially for those who know & love Disney. They're an easy read & are targeted for a younger audience, but DS and still had a good time with them. It's great to speculate about what REALLY happens in the parks at night! And yes, Gary, when I got to the :thedolls: part of the book, I immediately thought of early INTERCOT!

I'll play along - the attraction that I used to not like but do now? The Teacups. Favorite beer? I think I'll need to do some research in July. :D

Another great podcast, guys!

BrerGnat
04-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Another fun podcast guys.

I do have a *tiny* critique, though. When you are going to do a segment that requires that everyone have an answer, maybe plan ahead a bit so you will all have time to think about it! I think, maybe you should post a question on the boards, and let everyone else post their answers, but leave yours to be revealed on the podcast. Or maybe just tease a topic on the end of the podcast that will be discussed NEXT podcast. Then, people on the boards can share their thoughts, opinions, etc. That will allow people to be more "involved" in the podcast content and give them an incentive to listen. Just a thought.

Ian
04-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Nat. I think we tend to take the opposite approach, though, because this is such an unstructured format that we really want to hit these with a certain level of spontaneity. I'd be worried if we talked too much about it in advance that we'd come off as too rehearsed sounding and it wouldn't really fit with the feel of the rest of the show.

Good suggestion about opening up the question to the boards, though. That could definitely add a cool, interactive element to the show. We could maybe even share some of the more interesting or unique responses from the boards during the show. Would be kinda cool for people to listen in and see if their contribution got a mention.

BrerGnat
04-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Good suggestion about opening up the question to the boards, though. That could definitely add a cool, interactive element to the show. We could maybe even share some of the more interesting or unique responses from the boards during the show. Would be kinda cool for people to listen in and see if their contribution got a mention.

Yes. This.

lettripp
04-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Not to self: try a Golden.

Normally I'm just so excited to have Yeingling when I go to The World :beer: that I don't have much else...

Also - love the idea of giving us a hint about the next podcast. It would be a lot of fun to inspire discussion topics!!

caryrae
04-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Listening to episode 12 now then 13 right after. After visualizing Mel making a Peak (roof) gesture got me thinking sometimes I wish there was a way to actually see you guys while making the podcast. Sounds like they would be fun to watch.

Melanie
04-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Listening to episode 12 now then 13 right after. After visualizing Mel making a Peak (roof) gesture got me thinking sometimes I wish there was a way to actually see you guys while making the podcast. Sounds like they would be fun to watch.

We are quite animated at times, especially those of us ( :here: ) who sometimes have a hard time verbalizing what we want to say. :blush:

caryrae
04-14-2011, 03:40 PM
We are quite animated at times, especially those of us ( :here: ) who sometimes have a hard time verbalizing what we want to say. :blush:

Your voice kinda sounds like the blonde CSI agent on CSI Miami.

Melanie
04-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Your voice kinda sounds like the blonde CSI agent on CSI Miami.

Too funny! I have no idea who she is, but I just went and looked her up and she's from Raleigh and I'm from Winston-Salem, NC - about 90 miles apart. :thumbsup:

brownie
04-15-2011, 09:53 AM
You used my beer suggestion!

To add to the list, I really enjoyed the Tusker Premium Lager I had at Sanaa. I'll have to try a Golden the next time we're there.

Ian
04-15-2011, 10:52 AM
We've talked in the past about maybe doing a video podcast at some point ... perhaps even a live one, although as one with a face made for radio I'm against it. ;)

John
04-15-2011, 11:24 AM
I'd be all for it but we really havn't found a solution to capture 4 or 5 of us on skype simultaneously.

If someone has a solution for this challenge, please let me know :)

DizneyFreak2002
04-15-2011, 07:12 PM
I'd be all for it but we really havn't found a solution to capture 4 or 5 of us on skype simultaneously.

If someone has a solution for this challenge, please let me know :)

I watch one on certain Sundays of the month... This podcast uses Justin.tv... You can even use Ustream... I assume they use Skype... They have 4 hosts, usually a guest, and they even take calls... So, it can be done :)

PirateLover
04-15-2011, 08:14 PM
My drink of choice at World Showcase is also from the UK- a Strongbow. It's a cider. I first had it when I was in London. I was 18 and it was my first "legal" drink! It goes down very smooth and it brings me back to a pretty cool time.

Also, it's definitely cool to hear your ideas talked about! The brief mention of the greatest children's shows thread that I started made me smile :D

jennbunn
04-16-2011, 03:09 AM
Love the podcast. helping me deal with my post trip blues.

NJGIRL
04-19-2011, 11:59 AM
I enjoyed the podcast as usual! Great job. :thumbsup:

IMO City Walk has so much more to offer than what Disney is offering right now.

The band that you were talking about is pretty good on their own too. They put on a show during the dinner hour before they let anyone else up to sing. We listened to them while eating dinner one night.

BTW, for anyone who will be staying at the Hard Rock and doesn't realize, it is the closest resort to the theme parks at Universal. There is a short path that is only a 5 minute walk. I suggest that you skip the boat ride because you will probably wait more than 5 mins for the boat to take off.

caryrae
04-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Am listening to more of the episode today and you guys were talking about the new Hawaii Disney cruise and how long at sea you would be from LA to the Islands. Man I looked and to the Islands you are at sea day 2, 3, 4, and 5 and on the way back at sea day 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14. So on a 15 night cruise you are at sea 9 days.