PDA

View Full Version : EMH evening, summers and Magic Kingdom

momof3+twins
04-11-2011, 11:37 AM
We are hoping to go to the MK the first day of trip. But, I am concerned because it is evening extra magic hour. Things that I am factoring into this are: we are offsite, no hopper and that it is a busy time of year. Should I go in the morning, break and come back for parade and fireworks. OR should I go in morning and not bother returning. I am planning two more days at the MK.

r4kids
04-12-2011, 01:01 PM
I would go in the am and do something else in the evening. I try and avoid the parks that have a "traditional busy day" and EMH am or evening EMH. It has worked great for us in the past!! :mickey:

KylesMom
04-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Have you considered going to a different park entirely that day? Perhaps one that had evening EMH the night before? Since you aren't staying on site, don't have the park hopper and you have a few other days at MK planned, I think I would opt for a different park entirely. However, if this isn't an option, I would plan to be there at park opening, enjoy your day & head out when the heat & crowds begin to take their toll.

Your other option? Yes, you could leave late morning & return in the early evening for the parade & fireworks - but it's been our experience in recent years that the parks, especially MK on evening emh hour days, become almost unbearable when you're trying maneuver for the parade, fireworks, attractions, etcetera - well before it even begins. Not sure if you want to have that experience your first day.