PDA

View Full Version : Dinner for illuminations

squad51
04-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Looking for a sit down in world showcase to watch illuminations. Problem is we have picky kids. Where should we eat to watch and please our mcdonalds kids?

faline
04-11-2011, 11:57 AM
There really are only two possibilities - Rose n Crown or La Hacienda.

BrerGnat
04-11-2011, 12:04 PM
If your kids will eat chicken strips, La Hacienda.

I have two incredibly picky kids, and the kids menu at Rose & Crown was sort of "iffy" with them. We had an ADR there on our last trip and we canceled it.

SBETigg
04-11-2011, 12:40 PM
I think the idea people get is that it would be lovely to combine dinner with Illuminations, have a place to sit and watch, but the reality is that it really doesn't work out most of the time. There are only a few tables at Rose & Crown with an ideal view, and that only if the wind isn't blowing smoke in your direction. I'm thinking the same might be true of La Hacienda. There are no guarantees of getting the right seat at the right time, which leaves you to have to leave your meal to seek out the viewing area anyway.

If seeing Illuminations is a priority (and it's an amazing show, well worth prioritizing), then it is best to eat earlier and plan to give up some ride or browsing time in the park to find and hold the perfect viewing spot around the lagoon to really see the show. It is amazing, and really not designed to be a dinner show. Of course, the seating at Rose & Crown that does have some view is pretty good, and if the stars are aligned, it might happen for you. We always told our kids to try new foods and we agree to buy them some counter service later if they don't like their choices. It worked for us. Most times, they found new things to love and we rarely had to resort to buying another meal later. Best wishes.

PrettyMinnie
04-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Though it is true that few table allow you to remain seated for Illuminations, both Rose & Crown and La Hacienda will cover your meal and let you watch Illuminations in a private viewing area and then return to your table. Simply mention to your waiter that you would like to see the show. Is this ideal? For some. The way I see it, there are far less people in a restaurant that you have to fight for a view than if you were out in the park.