PDA

View Full Version : Strange collections?

McLiberal8
04-11-2011, 10:57 AM
I know the usual collectors - pins, vinylmation, pressed pennies.

I was wondering if anyone has any unique collections from WDW? I have started collecting Fastpasses, but am open to ideas for stranger things to collect!

Disney4us2
04-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I collect the popcorn buckets. I also collected the plastic cups that the kids meals came in at TS, but the did away with that.

brivers222
04-12-2011, 01:47 PM
I collect hugs from snow white...what can i say, i love her :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Don't think its strange but I collect aprons, ornaments and mugs

BrerGnat
04-12-2011, 03:25 PM
I keep all of my old Disneyland Annual Passes dating back from 2001. They each have a different design, and some are cooler than others (like the special Tower of Terror one I had the year that ride opened). The APs at DL are plastic, like credit cards, so they make nice collectibles.

Altair
04-12-2011, 08:18 PM
All my pressed quarters are on pre-1965 silver coins, most are Washington's, but I also have some Standing Liberties and a few Barber's. At today's spot silver price they are worth $7.25.
My pressed pennies are mainly on pre-1959 wheat cents, but I also have quite a few on Indian Heads.
So it's the type of coin pressed that makes the collection unusual.:mickey:

All coins pressed are common or so worn they have little numismatic value.

Diznee4Me
04-13-2011, 02:03 PM
I have quite a few commerative, anniversary and cast member coins.

My favorite is a silver coin with the WDW security force logo in color on one side and a gold Mickey in uniform on the other. I have the Coronado Springs Resort opening day badge and a All Star Movie Coin on a ribbon you can hang around your neck.

I have them nicely displayed in a case but most folks who see them could care less! :D

brownie
04-13-2011, 06:16 PM
My favorite is a silver coin with the WDW security force logo in color on one side and a gold Mickey in uniform on the other.

That's cool! How did you manage to pick that up?

princessgirls
04-14-2011, 12:13 PM
I used to have many collections...old concert tickets, used Disney passes, all of our Disney travel documents, napkins, brochures, maps, then we MOVED, and I really did need to get rid of stuff, so that ended most of my collections...sad but true! I am a keeper, and I had too much stuff!

Julie:mickey: