PDA

View Full Version : Eo

ransam
04-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Is it still going ok? how are the crowds?
does it differ at all from DL?

thank you.

eeyorepoohfan
04-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Captain EO is still going, last I heard. I don't think they've announced and end date. I saw Captain EO in May at Disneyland and December at Disney World. The actual show is the same. However, I did notice that floor moved a lot more at Disneyland than at Disney World. Just to warn you! I don't really get motion sick on rides or attractions, but Disneyland made me feel "off".

ransam
04-11-2011, 03:06 PM
i was at the one at DL in December. was really looking forward to it, and very disapointed. it reminded me of nothing more than a long video to a not one of his best songs....just my oppinon, but I think Disney can do something so much better w/ 3-d that EO or even Honey. they have some awesome pixar movies, and other disney movies that you can do sometihng that is just amazing things with.

WDWfanatic742
04-11-2011, 03:10 PM
They probably want to keep it open if anything just for capacity at least until they figure something out with Wonders of Life.

Just guessing it'll probably go seasonal in a year or two until...(I'm dreaming) Wonders of Life will be re-imagined keeping updated versions of Cranium Command and Body Wars, Version 5072 of Figment, and a new show in the theater...

dizneygirl
04-13-2011, 05:25 PM
we were just there last week and saw it. It brought back lots of memories from the 80's, great dancing, leg warmers and MJ in his glory days. I am a huge MJ fan so the movie actually brought tears to my eyes.
If nothing else, go see it for novelty sake. You never know when it will go away, for good this time. :)

Jared
04-13-2011, 05:27 PM
They probably want to keep it open if anything just for capacity at least until they figure something out with Wonders of Life.

Just guessing it'll probably go seasonal in a year or two until...(I'm dreaming) Wonders of Life will be re-imagined keeping updated versions of Cranium Command and Body Wars, Version 5072 of Figment, and a new show in the theater...
You are a dreamer, aren't you?

WDWfanatic742
04-13-2011, 06:03 PM
You are a dreamer, aren't you?
Just a tad yeah, I remember being young and watching Cranium Command. I loved that show.

RBrooksC
04-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Most likely they feel they won't gain anything by closing Eo and putting back Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

This will most likely be a long-term stop-gap until they figure out another movie to put into Imagination.

SmallWorldBobby
04-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Attendance was poor while I was there 2 weeks ago (barely a couple rows worth of people). Like others said, it will probably remain for a while until they figure out a new attraction. The show definitely doesn't hold up after all this time, but it was a great blast of nostalgia for those of us who saw the original run. It's also a great instant seating attraction to get out of the heat for a while.

I can't imagine the floors moving even more at Disneyland than at Epcot. It was the most comically overused effect in recent memory.

LudwigVonDrake
04-23-2011, 04:19 PM
I saw it for the first time in years in July and I was underwhelmed to say the least. They need to put a new 3D movie in that spot.

tigmickey
04-25-2011, 10:20 PM
I was in Junior High when Thriller came out. My parents never made vacations a priority so I didn't go to WDW til I met my wife when I was 24. Captain EO was long, long gone. I was at Epcot last summer and got to see it for the first time. IT WAS AWESOME!!! :clappy::number1::clappy: