PDA

View Full Version : Using Gift Cards for dining

DisneyTopper
04-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Hello everyone,

Heading to WDW in June and have free dining during our stay. However, we still need to pay for tips for our table service meals. I was at the grocery store today and they have gift cards for Disney and I was thinking of buying some to pay for our tips at the sit-downs.

Do all table service restaurants take the Disney gift cards? I just want to make sure before I buy a couple hundred dollars worth.

Are they also taken at snack carts etc...throughout the parks? Thanks in advance for your help!

retiredfigment
04-10-2011, 08:39 PM
The last two times we went, we were on the DP. Here is what I do. I go to the grocery store to buy my Disney gift cards that earn fuel perks at their gas station. I use my Disney Visa to earn points. While at Disney, I charge everything to the room, then the night before I leave, I go to the front desk to pay my bill before it is put on my charge card. This way, I earn a few perks, but I still only have to carry one card with me each day.

forever a child
04-10-2011, 08:46 PM
I actually used my Disney Gift card as my Credit Card on my room key. So if you have a $500 GC you can use your room key to charge up to $500. I never us my credit card on my room key...just the cash or gift card I attach to my room key. But yes, if you want to carry around the gift card...I believe it is accepted at most places where credit cards or room keys are accepted.

ransam
04-10-2011, 08:47 PM
i always use gift cards for my tips. My family knows i go to disney so often, it's an easy gift, just get me a disney gift card, and i just use them for my tips, etc....

DreamFinder2
04-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Yep...I used 3 gift cards for a variety of things in the parks and at resorts with no problems. They even work for margaritas near Mexico in Epcot :mickey:

gerald72
04-11-2011, 04:20 AM
Some of the non-Disney owned restaurants do not accept them.

DisneyTopper
04-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I forgot about charging to the room. I may have to keep that a secret from the teens :secret:

I will definitely get some gift cards, then. They are offering double fuel perks at our local grocery store.

dizneygirl
04-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Yup! I used two birthday giftcards on my trip last week for my food/snack purchases. The table service as well as snack carts and counter service restaurants all accepted it and I felt as though I actually were ON the DDP!
It was very handy and fast and each receipt gave you the balance left on your card. Then on the last day I used what was left for souveniers. Its a great way to go without having to carry extra cash on you.