PDA

View Full Version : Mini Resturant Reviews

HoosierDisneyFan
04-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Just came back from WDW...

Ohana - Ate there the first evening. 5pm ADR, first seated in the restaurant! Always good, always eat far too much...

Via Napoli - First time to try this restaurant. My DS (14) got the pizza and I had Chicken Parm. We shared each. The pizza was great and I would order that the next time we visit. Surprisingly not that crowded. Note that the quick service window outside the restaurant does not serve the same pizza as the inside. I did not try the window pizza but seemed strange that they would be different.

Yak Yeti - My second time at this restaurant. Not sure if I like it or not. Not bad at all. Not lots of TS opinions at AK.

Pepper Market - Had reservations at Crystal Palace but cancelled because of the heavy rain. Stayed in our resort (CSR). A couple of observations. Many complain about the set-up of the food stations at Pepper Market as confusing but we did not have any trouble. I had baked chicken and my son had a deli type turkey sandwich. Note that PM no longer has the steak that is listed on many websites. I would eat there again. A good CS selection! Another point is that the 10% tip cannot be charged to the room (must be left in cash on the table).

Sci Fi Diner - Our first time at Sci Fi Diner. I had the ribs (just OK). I am glad I experienced the restaurant but I would not go again. The movie clips were fun.

Biergarten - Maybe our favorite restaurant. We eat there every trip. A couple of items of note. No longer had butter balls for rolls (replaced with packet butter) and the Potato leek soup was replaced with cauliflower soup (:ack:). The entertainment was good as always.

Raglan Road - Our Irish waiter (Vinny :D) was excellent. Good food and good entertainment.

Le Cellier - Ate here for lunch (1 TS credit instead of 2 for dinner). The mushroom steak was great as always but eating here for lunch seemed strange.

Rainforest Cafe (DTD) - I had changed ADRs via Disney's mobile website and originally selected Rainforest Cafe because the website stated it accepted DDP. Only found out that the only DDP accepted was the Premium plan. Good thing asked the waitress what options we had before ordering. We elected to not eat here and look for somewhere else that was close.

Turf Club Bar & Grill (at Saratoga Springs). Nice walk from DTD to this restaurant. I had a hamburger and my son a French dip sandwich. Good lunch location with covered outdoor dining overlooking water! Glad we left Rainforest Cafe!

BluewaterBrad
04-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Sounded pretty good to me!!:mickey:

Basket Mommy
04-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Biergarten - Maybe our favorite restaurant. We eat there every trip. A couple of items of note. No longer had butter balls for rolls (replaced with packet butter)

My children are going to be so sad. Butter balls were the best! We eat at Biergarten nearly every trip, too.

Jillirose
04-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Always hear great reviews about Biergarten. We don't drink - would it be fun for us?

ChipDale2708
04-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Via Napoli - First time to try this restaurant. My DS (14) got the pizza and I had Chicken Parm. We shared each. The pizza was great and I would order that the next time we visit. Surprisingly not that crowded. Note that the quick service window outside the restaurant does not serve the same pizza as the inside. I did not try the window pizza but seemed strange that they would be different.

You didn't say how the chicken parm tasted? We are eating there in a couple of weeks for the first time and we're planning on ordering the same things and splitting. How big was the portion of chicken?

yjgirl32
04-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks for sharing.

HoosierDisneyFan
04-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Always hear great reviews about Biergarten. We don't drink - would it be fun for us?

Yes! Great buffet and great entertainment. If you like German beer you can get it but not needed for a good time.

HoosierDisneyFan
04-10-2011, 07:55 PM
You didn't say how the chicken parm tasted? We are eating there in a couple of weeks for the first time and we're planning on ordering the same things and splitting. How big was the portion of chicken?

The Chicken Parm was good but I would pick the pizza. One strange thing was the waiter told me twice that it came with potatoes and not spagetti. It was a good size (though it included the wing bone which seemed unusal to me).

BrerGnat
04-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Note that the quick service window outside the restaurant does not serve the same pizza as the inside. I did not try the window pizza but seemed strange that they would be different.

This is how this restaurant group (Patina) does things. They have three restaurants at Downtown Disney in Disneyland. One of them, Naples, is very similar to Via Napoli. They operate a CS restaurant next door, Napolini, which serves pizza "by the slice" but it is NOT the same pizza you get when you order in the sit down restaurant. Similarly, they operate a Mexican restaurant called Tortilla Jo's, which has a separate taqueria outside. That taqueria serves food that is COMPLETELY different from what is served inside. It's just how they do it.

I would caution anyone to not judge Via Napoli pizza by the "slice" they serve from the window. The pizza inside is going to be very different.