PDA

View Full Version : Souvenirs...

Thepeterpan
04-10-2011, 04:47 PM
What is the best souvenir you have ever got at WDW? I know mine is a purse with mickey mouses all over it! I love it! What about you? :peter:

EvilQueen2006
04-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I love the Pick a Pearl at the Japan Pavillion. I also love getting the pressed pennies. My most used, is a mug with all the Villians on it, whenever I dink cooffee from it, I think of being in the World!

lovinmesomedisney
04-10-2011, 05:12 PM
After 16 trips, there are too many to mention. I have statues of Mickey that decorate one of my bathrooms, we have the pearls from Epcot, I don't even know how many hoodie sweatshirts I have, very cute towels, luggage, it just goes on and on.

jnfr2424
04-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Hands down The speaking monorail magnet
All I have to do is push that little red button and I am instantly in the World!

PETE FROM NYC
04-10-2011, 06:47 PM
After a dozen plus trips, I have a carload. But, what I use every single day is my Mickey coffee mug, that I have had since 1993. This is my second mug. The first one was bought on our honeymoon in the World, but lost in a house fire in 1992.

forever a child
04-10-2011, 06:58 PM
My coffee mug with the cheetah on it from AK. He is lounging on a branch and it says "I don't do mornings." They have a newer version of this one out...but mine is an older style and I like it much better. I have two and they are the first ones I choose for my morning coffee. I have had them about 7 years now I think. :mickey:

alaMode
04-10-2011, 07:07 PM
that we bought on our first visit in 2007 and use only when we're at WDW. We've used it 7x and counting...hope to use enjoy it for many visits to come!

Dopey's Girl
04-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Mine is a picture frame. Pretty simple, but I put a pic that my dad took of my brother, mom and I on our first trip. The hair is bad, the clothes are worse, but all these years later, I still remember taking that picture in adventureland. It makes me smile every day!

lettripp
04-10-2011, 07:29 PM
I love love love my mickey watch. I wear it every day!!

tiggerbuddy
04-10-2011, 09:32 PM
My stuffed Figment !!:mickey:

HoosierDisneyFan
04-10-2011, 10:11 PM

:ditto:

CanadaLovesDisney
04-11-2011, 12:24 AM
At home The little water bottle with fan attachment is great for pool parties for a quick cool down! Can't do animal kingdom in the summer without it!

Fastpasssteve
04-11-2011, 03:01 AM
While I have picture frames, glass ornaments from Germany in EPCOT, and heap of pins, my favorite item I have is my Room Key from whatever my last trip. It travels with me wherever I go in my wallet. It is a constant reminder of a another world of joy.

BandMan
04-11-2011, 01:14 PM

:ditto:

Me, too!

KatieDuck22
04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
my steamboat mickey stuffed animal:) He goes everywhere with me. well thats embarrasing.:blush: (but i love em;)

WDWCrazyKaren
04-11-2011, 01:33 PM
We buy a frame every year (we have depleted their current frames! We hope they will come out with a new one soon!) and have one of the family pictures in it, either in front of Spaceship Earth or at a Character meal, or even all of us screaming on Tower of Terror, and they are lining one wall in the living room. We love our "Wall of Fame"!

GBBT
04-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Hands down The speaking monorail magnet
All I have to do is push that little red button and I am instantly in the World!

I never noticed that!:( Are they still sold there?:confused:

SBETigg
04-11-2011, 04:53 PM
My son, an unexpected little souvenir from my Disney Honeymoon in 1990. :blush:

EJS-Houston
04-11-2011, 05:14 PM
My favorite bought souvenir is the photo taken of me and my friend Claire the very first time we rode "Dinosaur" in 2005. The photo is priceless, with many in our car reacting to the Carnotaur (see my avatar) cowering with their heads between their knees, and me with this hilarious cross between a laugh and a look of stark surprised terror on my face.

But my favorite souvenir from these and any vacation is the album of photos I take, which allow me to relive the experience every time I look through them.

Thepeterpan
04-11-2011, 08:14 PM
@EJS-Houston~ The last time we went to Disney in 2007 with my whole family we got a very similar picture of us on Dinosaur! Its the funniest picture ever. My grandpa had the same look on his faces as you did on yours! lol It's a great memory! :peter:

baby minnie's mommy
04-11-2011, 10:33 PM
The weekend my DH proposed to me at Disney we went to Fantasmic. It was cold, so they were walking around selling these soft blankets. We picked a red one with a big Mickey on it, and shared it to stay warm. We decided to save it for our first son.
So now we have a son that's 2, and the MIckey blanket fits perfect on his toddler bed. He loves it - it's his special blankie! :cloud9:

squad51
04-11-2011, 10:53 PM
My fave is a toss up between my refill mug collection, my pins, and my salute to fire fighters poster. :fireman:

My wife's would have to be the Mickey engagement ring I proposed with in 2002. I know I didn't get it at WDW but she brought it home with her.:bride:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-12-2011, 08:04 AM
I don't know if I can just pick one put here are some of my collections:

1. Disney ornaments-I always get a year ornament, plus I have some of the collection sets, my favorite is the princesses.
2. Aprons-I have Minnie, Pooh and Friends, Mickey and Tinkerbell
3. Mugs-I collect them by the year we go
4. T-shirts-I have lots of them
5. Photo Albums-As soon as I fill one up with pics, I buy another one on the following trip

EpcotFan182
04-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Though I have many, one of my favorites souvenirs is probably my Epcot World Showcase travel mug. It's white and has Mickey heads all over it with the different WS countries. :mickey:

laprana
04-12-2011, 11:13 AM
My favorite is a ring I bought about 5 years ago. It's just a simple little silver ring with a kind of swirly Mickey head on it, but I wear it every day and every time I look at it, I think about when I bought it at World of Disney in DTD!

One of my other favorites, although it didn't last too long, was a pack of assorted teas that I bought last year. There were about 15 different varieties, and since I drink tea every day, it was like brewing a little cup of WDW when I drank it! :blush: I hope they still have it in the stores in May, because I'll definitely get more!

BWayGrl
04-12-2011, 12:03 PM
I got this great snowglobe when I was there for the Millennium Celebration. It has a blue sparkly base -kinda looks like the sky sitting on top of a cloud - with the year 2000 written on it and Mickey, Donald and Goofy holding hands inside of each of the zeroes. Then inside the snowglobe are the iconic landmarks from each park (Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth, Tree of Life and Earfel Tower). On top of the glass globe is a little MIckey ears hat. It plays the song Celebrate the Future which was the theme of the Millennium Celebration. That song is just so magical to me, and being there in the year 2000 was my absolute favorite time. :mickey:

Stitch98
04-12-2011, 10:14 PM
:mickey3:In The Art of Disney store,I got a hand drawn Chernabog picture and apparently the artists don't mske many of that particular character(In case you are wondering Chernabog is the demon from Fantasia) So I am very proud to have obtained it and I will keep it hung up on the wall in my room.:mickey3:

White Rose
04-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Mine would have the be the "Beauty and the Beast" figurine I purchased from the Lenox collection in Off the Page in DHS. It's Belle and the Beast in wedding gear. I absolutely adore it, especially because it's the Beast and not the prince...:blush:

It's beautifully done and I don't regret purchasing it, but man when I think about how much that thing cost...:secret:. Also, I found out later, it wasn't just a figurine--it was actually a wedding cake topper. I was a little embarrassed and then decided I didn't care. Besides, if you spent as much as I did on this for a WEDDING CAKE topper, I just figured you were crazy. :D

LisaP
04-13-2011, 09:50 AM
The Seven Dwarfs squeeze toys that I got back in 1976 as a child (they still sell them!). My mom still has them in the "babies" bedroom she has for the grandkids.

Also our photo album from first trip with our child. Priceless!

nfrustaci
04-13-2011, 12:11 PM
my sons very first ears.... they are displayed in my living room. the second year we took him we got him another set of disney ears and we will be bringing them back this year to get this years trip put on them too. we decided that it would be great to get the year of every trip we take there on the same hat. i have to be honest and say that i hate all those little things, drives me nuts so i generally don't purchase anything while i am down there (except for my very 1st time) i even discard the refillable drink mugs before i leave the resort. i cherish all the photos. i have them on the computer so they come up like a slide show when it is idle for 3 minutes.

PopeCharming
04-13-2011, 07:24 PM
I don't really go overboard with the souvenirs. I remember getting a kind of kid's meal in the Sunshine Seasons court in The Land-- this must have been around 1990 or so, when i was 6-- and getting a little Figment toy with the meal. I've always kept it, and despite buying more elaborate things since then, it has always been my favorite souvenir from Disney World.

crltkcagle
04-13-2011, 08:05 PM
My Pirates of the Carribean Princess watch! I purchased it in 2007 and still wear it everyday!

fanowalt
04-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Our ride pictures.We buy 2 everytime we're there.We put them up in the dinning room and every other week or so someone(usually one of the kids or a visitor) will say remember how wet your hair was after that ride or boy you looked freaked out on test track wow you girls have really grown!Which starts a conversation remeniscing the trip and ends up with smiles and laughter.

BraddyB
04-14-2011, 10:19 AM
I have two, the first is our honeymoon christmas ornament we got on our honeymoon. The second is my framed hand drawn Tigger swinging a golf club made for me at the Art of Disney.

LVT
04-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Photos and my beginner's collection of Star Wars themed Mr. Potatoe Heads.

kemps@wdw
04-15-2011, 11:29 PM
one of our oldest faves is a "Big AL" ceramic bank, my DD's pink, pointy, silk princess hat w/the sheer veil and gold cord trim (which she wore all the way home... on both planes :D) and our bronze "Partners" statue.

xo0ally
04-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Mine has to be my long sleeve sorcerer mickey shirt i made at the Design-a-tee shop in DTD. Every time i wear it it reminds me of our trip when i made it.

MickeysEars
04-22-2011, 08:51 PM
While I have picture frames, glass ornaments from Germany in EPCOT, and heap of pins, my favorite item I have is my Room Key from whatever my last trip. It travels with me wherever I go in my wallet. It is a constant reminder of a another world of joy.

Me Too!! Mine is where my Drivers license is supposed to be so I see it everythime I open my wallet

luvmyboys4ever
04-23-2011, 01:23 AM
My favorites are the silhouettes we had made of the kids. We have one for every year, except one...which I deeply regret not getting. :( I even have one of my husband from when he was about 5...that's what gave me the idea to get them done.
They are just a great reminder of how little they were and how happy we were when we got them. :cloud9:

SmallWorldBobby
04-23-2011, 03:56 AM
Mine would be the visor I received in 1987 (first trip to Disney) as part of the "15 Years of Magic" celebration. I call it the blinky visor due to the lights. True, I didn't win the car for that day, but it was still cool to win something on my very first trip!

p.s. that "15 Years" song from the stage and parade show was fantastic. I still know the words :mickey:

Mousemates
07-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Mine would be th silver "mickey circle" picture frame that holds the pic our waiter took of the two of us enjoying our dinner at the CG on our 25th wedding anniversary.

darthmacho
07-31-2011, 02:00 PM
So many that I can't even pick just one, but the souvenirs that I like most are the ones that are a part of my life and I can enjoy often, such as:

WDW T-shirts: I still have some from some of my early trips. Some are so tattered I can only wear them to work or around the house.

WDW Wall Calendars: Something I can enjoy for an entire year after each trip. Sadly, no 2012, but looking forward to picking up a 2013 next year!

WDW Refillable Resort Mug: These mugs may be controversial because of the rule on how they are used, but the truth is, I'd buy it even if you couldn't refill it once. Why? Because I use it as a coffee travel mug ALL THE TIME! I'll be so bummed when it gets too scuffed up to use.

WDW Photo Albums: Probably my favorite of them all because they hold our precious WDW memories. If my house was on fire, once my family was out safe, I'd run back in for those albums!

Anyway, I thought this was a good thread. I felt it was underrated, so rated it 5 stars. :mickey: