PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Advice?

Thepeterpan
04-09-2011, 05:09 PM
In May we are going to WDW and was wondering how the restaurants we are eating at are. We are eating dinner at Chef Mickeys, breakfast at Crystal Palace, lunch at the Tusker House, lunch at the Akerhaus, and lunch at the 50s Prime Time Cafe. If you have ever been to any of these let me know how they were! :peter:

JPL
04-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Breakfast at Crystal Palace is decent nothing spectacular but still ok. It's more for the Characters and location.

Dinner at Chef Mickey's was poor at best the last time I ate there. But again more for the characters not really great food.

I only have had breakfast at Tusker House and the breakfast was awesome so I'm sure lunch will be good as well.

HoosierDisneyFan
04-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Chef Mickeys - Buffet meal that is OK but you don't go there for the food. Great Character interaction with Mickey, etc.

Breakfast at Crystal Palace - We loved the breakfast buffet here. As for the characters, if you like Pooh and friends you will like it. Not really for us though.

50s Prime Time Cafe - Haven't been there for lunch but have eaten there for dinner several times. Good comfort food and fun place to eat. Waitress plays it for laughs and all if fun. A must for Disney fans. Most people go back for multiple trips.

Donald
04-09-2011, 06:58 PM
We were at 50's Prime time for lunch in February; let me just say, our boys are always quoting our waiter "When I say chugga chugga, you say chew chew!". We had a blast. The food was good comfort food.

baby minnie's mommy
04-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I love Crystal Palace for breakfast! It's one of my favorite ways to start a day at Magic Kingdom. The restaurant has a very light and cheery feel to me. I really enjoy their selection of breakfast foods. Try the puffed french toast - it's on the kids buffet.

Akershus for us was more for the Princess interaction. (We had dinner there.) DD age 6 didn't want anything off the cold buffet for appetizers. Mostly deli meats and cheese and salads. Not real appealing to her. She got a hot dog for her entree. The desserts are on one plate that your party shares - kinda hard when both kids are wanting to shovel it in and DH and I are trying to savor it. (Desserts were very tasty.)

akaDisneyDreamer
04-09-2011, 08:24 PM
We've had breakfast at both Crystal Palace and Tusker House and really enjoyed both for the buffet and the charactors. I would imagine lunch at either of those places would be good and fun as well. :mickey:

forever a child
04-09-2011, 08:43 PM
If you are interested, here is my Dec 2010 Dining Reviews of Akershus and 50's Prime Time Cafe.

Akershus - http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=177780

and

50's Prime Time Cafe - http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=177798

Hope this helps. :mickey:

beksy
04-10-2011, 10:33 AM
I have always eaten at these for the opposite meals you have planned so can only make a few comments. We have done 50's Prime Time for lunch and dinner and have always found it to have great comfort food. We love the interaction and the atmosphere. The fried chicken, pot roast, and 'Smores are great and I love the cherry coke!

I had breakfast at Tusker House and it was a great experience. It has some of the best character interaction of any restaurant. We all love Donald and you pose for a pic with him outside. It turned out great and we bought it. When I got home, I added it to my photopass CD and found that the photographer had really been on the ball. We have a great picture where Mom went up and was hugging Donald with a huge smile on her face. He kept snapping so when I added the pics I got a fabulous surprise! I may have just convinced myself to add this to the list for October! :donald: