PDA

View Full Version : What is Dole Whip?

Thepeterpan
04-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Ok there seems to be an obsession with Dole Whip... What is it?? I've been to Disney multiple times and have never seen it.

MNNHFLTX
04-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Ok there seems to be an obsession with Dole Whip... What is it?? I've been to Disney multiple times and have never seen it.
Pineapple flavored soft-serve ice cream. You can either get in a cup or as a float (in pineapple juice). It's served at a counter-service place in Adventureland and at the Polynesian resort. :tasty:

Ilovemesomedisneymom
04-09-2011, 03:57 PM
It's like the best ice cream ever. Back home, which is Greenfield IN, we call it Pineapple whip. They have it at the fairs. My boys and I love it so much we go to the fair just to get a Pineapple whip. My youngest, Zach, has it mark on the thing to get when we get there!:cool:

Daisy'sMom
04-09-2011, 05:50 PM
It's the best, only better because it is at Disney!:mickey:

disneymomma2010
04-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Yum! Im gonna have to try that next time we go! I bet we would love it!... Thanks for this post, ive been wondering the same thing.

2Epcot
04-09-2011, 10:41 PM
I have yet to have one. Each time I pass the stand I say I need to get one of those, and then I don't want to wait in line ... Maybe one day.

wdwfansince75
04-09-2011, 10:49 PM
I have yet to have one. Each time I pass the stand I say I need to get one of those, and then I don't want to wait in line ... Maybe one day.

I don't recall ever needing to wait very long at the Aloha Isle, the MK location, and the Captain Cook's Dole Whip is self serve...The lines are never as long as the line at the Ice Cream shop on Main Street.

lettripp
04-09-2011, 11:40 PM
I don't recall ever needing to wait very long at the Aloha Isle, the MK location, and the Captain Cook's Dole Whip is self serve...The lines are never as long as the line at the Ice Cream shop on Main Street.

I've seen a double wide, several yards long double line for Aloha Isle... when this happens, we usually wait until it 1) starts raining or 2) is late and cold enough that most people won't want ice cream :secret:

kakn7294
04-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Dole Whip comes in many flavors - WDW has pineapple, orange, and vanilla at MK's Aloha Isle. I'm not sure if all 3 flavors are available at Capt Cook's at the Poly (but will find out in 97 days!).

DisneyFr33k
04-10-2011, 08:28 AM
We read on here about Dole Whips and were so excited to try them when we went on our last trip. We ordered both types (not a long line at all) and sat down waiting for the magic, and dug in. We are sad to say we were disappointed. Don't get me wrong, they were tasty, but we walked away wondering what the big deal was. :confused: Maybe all the hype got our expectations too high?

Jared
04-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Dole Whip comes in many flavors - WDW has pineapple, orange, and vanilla at MK's Aloha Isle. I'm not sure if all 3 flavors are available at Capt Cook's at the Poly (but will find out in 97 days!).
Captain Cook's only offers the pineapple flavor, while Aloha Isle at the Magic Kingdom has pineapple, orange and vanilla. I like making a float with the vanilla soft-serve and pineapple juice. I find the vanilla cuts into the acidity and tartness of the pineapple. I don't think I could handle the double dose of pineapple!

LudwigVonDrake
04-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Dole Whip = :tasty:

MNNHFLTX
04-10-2011, 03:59 PM
We read on here about Dole Whips and were so excited to try them when we went on our last trip. We ordered both types (not a long line at all) and sat down waiting for the magic, and dug in. We are sad to say we were disappointed. Don't get me wrong, they were tasty, but we walked away wondering what the big deal was. :confused: Maybe all the hype got our expectations too high?
Lol--I don't know that I would call Dole Whips magical (after all, it's just ice cream), but they are tasty to me. I think it's because I love pineapple so much. I can see how they're not necessarily everyone's cup of tea though. :)

kakn7294
04-11-2011, 01:14 AM
We read on here about Dole Whips and were so excited to try them when we went on our last trip. We ordered both types (not a long line at all) and sat down waiting for the magic, and dug in. We are sad to say we were disappointed. Don't get me wrong, they were tasty, but we walked away wondering what the big deal was. :confused: Maybe all the hype got our expectations too high?For me, it's the pineapple flavor that i just can't get anywhere here at home. Sometimes I mix orange sherbert with pineapple juice here at home as a generic substitute but it's just not quite the same as a real one.

Captain Cook's only offers the pineapple flavor, while Aloha Isle at the Magic Kingdom has pineapple, orange and vanilla. I like making a float with the vanilla soft-serve and pineapple juice. I find the vanilla cuts into the acidity and tartness of the pineapple. I don't think I could handle the double dose of pineapple!And I like the floats with the double dose of pineapple - pineapple soft-serve in the pineapple juice!

WDWCrazyKaren
04-11-2011, 02:10 PM
My favorite is the pineapple/orange swirl. Even DH ate some of it (without complaining, mind you). Found it to be a very satisfying snack...many, many times over...:blush: