PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Reported at IOA/Jurassic Park attraction

Melanie
04-08-2011, 04:47 PM
From 13 News:

Smoke reported at Universal Islands of Adventure; Jurassic Park River Adventure closed

ORLANDO -- Smoke was seen at Universal Orlando's Islands of Adventure theme park Friday afternoon.

Orlando Fire responded to the Jurassic Park River Adventure attraction at about 4:15 p.m.

There was no reported fire, however there was a smell of smoke outside the attraction.

A Universal official said the attraction is temporarily out of service, but should be back up after all checks are in place.

Orlando Fire is on scene checking things out.

WDWfanatic742
04-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Those pesky raptors are at it again...

WDWfanatic742
04-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Just as an update, the smoke was from a fan. There was no fire and the ride re-opened that night...

Ed
04-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Smoky times at Universal lately - -

Universal: Beetlejuice show shut down due to smoke from motor

No injuries were reported, a resort spokesman said.

By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
9:25 PM EDT, April 9, 2011

A show at Universal Orlando was halted on Saturday afternoon after a motor used for special-effects began smoking, a spokesman for the resort said.

Spokesman Tom Schroder said Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue was stopped about 15 minutes into the show at Universal Studios on Saturday.

Schroder said a member of the show's technical crew noticed that a motor backstage was smoking about 4 p.m.

The crew member used a fire extinguisher on the motor and the audience was asked to leave the area. Schroder said the Orlando Fire Department was called to the park as a precaution.

The revue was expected to resume as scheduled for its next showing. No injuries were reported, Schroder said.

It was the second such incident in as many days at Universal Orlando. On Friday, the Jurassic Park River Adventure at Islands of Adventure was shut down about 4:15 p.m. after a nearby fan began smoking.

Schroder said the fan was shut off, and the Orlando Fire Department was called as a precaution. The ride reopened about 5 p.m. No injuries were reported.

Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue is a rock 'n' roll show featuring several classic Universal monsters, hosted by the eponymous character from the 1988 Tim Burton film, "Beetlejuice."

:fireman:

WDWfanatic742
04-10-2011, 11:28 AM
:funny:

That's amazing. It's also amazing to me that the show is still running. I thought it stopped YEARS ago...

DizneyRox
04-10-2011, 05:24 PM
:funny:

That's amazing. It's also amazing to me that the show is still running. I thought it stopped YEARS ago...
I was thinking the same thing. I haven't been in like ten years, and I inlet Kongfrontation is gone, which I thought was a much better attraction, but I guess they can't come up with a suitable replacement.

That reminds me, this money I'm saving on airfare might be good to put into Halloween at USF.