PDA

View Full Version : New Tour at Magic Kingdom

Disneyfan28
04-07-2011, 07:28 PM
I read on another board that there is a new tour at the Magic Kingdom called "Walt Disney - Marceline to Magic Kingdom" has anyone else heard this or done this tour? From the info I read it says the tour is a walking tour approx 2.5 - 3 hrs long and the cost is $30. It tells of how events in Walts life helped shape the WDW Resort and attractions in it. I checked the official WDW website and its not listed as a tour option at Magic Kingdom, just wondered if anyone else has heard anything about it...:confused:

BrerGnat
04-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Since it's not listed on Disney's official site for either Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort, at this point, we can only call this a rumor.

Perhaps this is a new tour currently being worked on to debut in the future?

KylesMom
04-08-2011, 12:27 AM
A 2.5-3 hour tour inside the MK with a $30 admission cost? . . . the kids' boat cruises cost more than that outside the parks for a much shorter amount of time. I know that the Family Magic Tour used to cost about the same, but I know the last time I checked it was higher than $30.

Doesn't the Keys to the Kingdom Tour cost somewhere in the vicinity of $100+? At any rate, I've seen rumours, but it's a "call for current rates" type of thing. I definitely would call before I figured $30 + park admission for a tour of this magnitude before Disney has done a press release on it.

Don't get me wrong - I hope it's true! If you can have a 3 hour tour inside the MK with limited guests, that would be really COOL!

BrerGnat
04-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I was going to say the same thing about cost. We did the KTTK tour several years ago, and it was WAY more than $30 per person, and it was only about 4.5 hours long.

KatieDuck22
04-08-2011, 01:34 PM
$30 per person doesn't sound disney. not to say Disney's always expensive...but we know how it goes. sounds pretty cool, it may be in Disneyland? Being that that was his original.

Disneyfan28
04-09-2011, 01:19 PM
A 2.5-3 hour tour inside the MK with a $30 admission cost? . . . the kids' boat cruises cost more than that outside the parks for a much shorter amount of time. I know that the Family Magic Tour used to cost about the same, but I know the last time I checked it was higher than $30.

Doesn't the Keys to the Kingdom Tour cost somewhere in the vicinity of $100+? At any rate, I've seen rumours, but it's a "call for current rates" type of thing. I definitely would call before I figured $30 + park admission for a tour of this magnitude before Disney has done a press release on it.

Don't get me wrong - I hope it's true! If you can have a 3 hour tour inside the MK with limited guests, that would be really COOL!

Actually this is a tour, I just booked it by calling WDW Tours, and with disney visa discount for two people it came to $61.12 w/tax. It is a 2.5 - 3 hr walking tour.

DunkieKong
04-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Well, I guess I know which tour I'll be taking next trip.

Thanks for the info.

Pop Centurion
04-09-2011, 03:34 PM
I received an email from Disney about a week ago with some info on this tour. Can't wait to hear more about it & get some reviews from fellow intercot members.

AXOAlum
04-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Do the regular 16+ ages apply? This sounds great! :mickey:

KylesMom
04-14-2011, 08:39 AM
I've yet to find anything official from Disney on this new tour, but from the snippets I've read, it's for ages 12 and over. You'd think that this would at least be on Disney's blog, press site or the "Book a Tour" page on their website!

brownie
04-14-2011, 09:34 AM
I've yet to find anything official from Disney on this new tour, but from the snippets I've read, it's for ages 12 and over. You'd think that this would at least be on Disney's blog, press site or the "Book a Tour" page on their website!

That is strange that there's nothing out there from an official source. I did some digging and couldn't come up with anything.

HackLaSalle
04-14-2011, 11:53 AM
I heard breifly about this tour in late Novemeber. My girlfriend tried to book I think it was (and please don't quote me) the Magical Milestones tour and they said they were replacing it with something else. This seems to be that something else.

The tour may be in "soft opening" hence why people have emails about it and not many other people know. Maybe they're trying it out to see how it does at that price point. For me $30 for that tour is a bargain and would definitely take it on my next trip.