PDA

View Full Version : Sell me on OKW

williabt
04-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Headed down to Old Key West (2bedroom villa) in a little over a month.

What things do you like or dislike about OKW?
Any special requests I should make regarding room assignments, etc?

thanks

MN_Dad
04-07-2011, 03:15 PM
We love the room layout for OKW. The 2 bdrm are much more spacious than at the other resorts. I also like the boat ride to DTD at night, very relaxing. The main pool is good, not BC good, but still good. The kiddie pool could use some work. The food court is nothing to write home about. It has been quite the 2 times we have stayed there and that is appreciated. I hope this helps.

iloveokw
04-07-2011, 03:53 PM
The only thing I "dislike" at OKW is the new decorating scheme....loved the old one.

Loves:

1. Size of rooms.
2. Sitting on my porch :thumbsup:
3. Castmembers at Hank's and the activities.
4. Main and Turtle Pond pools.
5. Boats to DD.
6. Relaxing and quiet.
7. No long hallways ;) you park in front of your room.

Enjoy!

dlpmikki
04-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Ask to be near hospitality house - then more bus options and closer to food options.

Rooms largest of the DVC.

New decoration is love or hate - we hate it but we loved the old one.

Balcony great - esp if you have a good view (if you dont mind climbing stairs ask for a high level room as views tend to be better)

JPL
04-07-2011, 08:20 PM
I stayed at OKW 3 times and I really like the laid back atmoshere and the size of the rooms. The boat to DTD was a nice option as well. It really is a nice resort. It gets a bad rap at times because of it's age. It also has the lowest point per night cost at WDW. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

gwfx1031
04-12-2011, 01:00 PM
The laid back atmosphere is the best. The entire resort feels like a little town more than a hotel. Olivia's has good food and the shop is very nice.

The new decor gets a bad rap, but that is becuase it lacks some of the theming other resorts have. It has recently been decorated so it is clean and new inside.

We love it here. Hope you do too!

Belle_0717
05-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Our family's home is SSR. We ventured to OKW last year since we added 2 to the occupancy count. My parents had stayed at OKW when they decided to buy. The rooms are more spacious - sis, hubby & nephew got the 2nd bedroom, parents master bedroom and DH, girls & I got the living room. We were able to pull out the couch and have 2 pack n' plays opened and still had room to walk around and we weren't busting our head on a counter or our toes into tables.

And YES we are going back in October (153 days). Can't wait. OKW - hoping for Turtle Pond area but we liked the Miller's Road area. Easy on with the kids since it was the last stop and we could walk to the main area.