PDA

View Full Version : completion of ALL STAR MOVIE ?

nfrustaci
04-07-2011, 12:16 PM
we will be going to disney in October for 10 days and while we usually stay at POP we were considering staying at the movies for a change. i have read that they are rehabbing it. Dalmations building is the first ? Is the Toy Story area being rehabed too or was that done when they introduced it not too long ago? just wondering. it is my understanding that toy story is a preferred location. is dalmation a preferred one too? so many questions.....funny because we have been visiting every year for 11 years now and we still have not stayed here.

KylesMom
04-07-2011, 03:38 PM
I would assume that the whole resort will be rehabbed, building by building. However, I don't think an official rehab announcement has been made. Rather, guests have noticed that the rooms are being totally gutted.

Is the Toy Story area being rehabed too or was that done when they introduced it not too long ago?

The Toy Story area is part of the original resort built in 1999 - it is not a new introduction.

When we stayed there in 2001, two areas were considered "Preferred". The first was the Fantasia building, due to its close location to the food court, main pool & buses. The second building considered preferred was the Toy Story area - simply because the theme was so popular & everyone wanted to stay in Andy's Room. We stayed in the Dalmatians Building (standard at the time) & couldn't have been happier with the location, but at that time, DS was a 3 1/2 year old toddler who loved TS so we spent a lot of time over there. Honestly, I would suspect that Fantasia, Toy Story and Dalmatians may be considered preferred these days - but I'm not certain. I know that a few years before TS3 was released, I checked rates for grins & Toy Story was not considered preferred (Dalmatians was) - but now that TS3 has brought a renewed following to Toy Story, I bet it's back up there, along with Fantasia & Dalmatians due to their close proximity to everything. I should add that if they limit the preferred areas to two per resort and Dalmatians is considered standard, I would definitely suggest requesting that building.

chrim
04-09-2011, 12:45 AM
It is my understanding that at the All-Stars Movies resort the Toy Story, 101 Dalmatians, and Fantasia buildings are now all considered preferred locations.

Only the Love Bug and Mighty Ducks buildings are standard locations.

I do not have any official confirmation on this, however, so YMMV.

forever a child
04-09-2011, 01:59 PM
:clappy:

So happy to hear that they are FINALLY going to rehab ASMovies! I have been wanting to stay here again and the fact that it is showing it's wear when the other values have already been updated has kept me away...now once I have visited all four values I can finally return back to our first Disney resort we ever visited and get another photo of my daughter by the dalmation tv set (she's a bit larger now, LOL)

:mickey:

nfrustaci
04-11-2011, 12:11 PM
thanks all..... will be booking a resort in the next couple of weeks. hoping to see an official refurb and time frame. that will determine our resort.