PDA

View Full Version : Buying Annual Pass with DVC Discount?

TheDuckRocks
04-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi all,
We are planning 2 trips within one year and are planning on getting annual passes using our DVC discount. Now my question is if I will be able to get the discount for our granddaughter who will be traveling with us for both trips? She does have a different last name than ours as she is my daughters child.
Thanks for any info you may have.

laprana
04-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Non-DVC members can get the AP discount, but only if they live at the same address as a DVC member. The non-member will have to show ID with proof of address when you are purchasing the APs in order to get the discount. So, you can only get the discounted rate for your granddaughter if she lives with you. Hope this helps!

MarkC
04-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I have somewhat of a follow-up question? We are going in September and October so we'll be purchasing annual passes as well. We will probably try and buy them by August 1st so we avoid the price increase. Can we still do so and then activate them on 9/5? Also, are we able to buy them at a Disney store, or do we need to call DVC member services? Thanks.

DizneyRox
04-07-2011, 10:11 AM
From the DVCMember website:

Who is eligible to receive the Annual Pass discount?Disney Vacation Club Members receive a discount on the Pass for themselves and their immediate family residing in the same household only. At the time of purchase or redemption, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card must be provided and ALL ADULTS must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household.

Who is defined as "immediate family"?"Immediate family" is defined by Walt Disney World Resort for discount purposes as noted below: Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner, Parent/Step Parent, Mother-In-Law/Father-In-Law, Child/Step Child, Brother/Stepbrother, Sister/Stepsister, Brother-In-Law/Sister-In-Law, Grandparent, and Grandchild.

You can purchase an AP at any point and redeem it later. As long as you qualify at the point of redemption you're fine.

TheDuckRocks
04-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Thank you for the replies. I should have thought to go over to the DVC website.:blush:
No discount for Miss Katie, really didn't think there would be but I wasn't sure.

seanyred
04-08-2011, 02:03 PM
I have somewhat of a follow-up question? We are going in September and October so we'll be purchasing annual passes as well. We will probably try and buy them by August 1st so we avoid the price increase. Can we still do so and then activate them on 9/5? Also, are we able to buy them at a Disney store, or do we need to call DVC member services? Thanks.

To answer your first question. Yes. We always buy our AP before the August 1st price increase. I usualy buy them online through the DVC website. They then let you print a voucher for the AP and you bring the voucher to Guest Services and they will activate the the AP. So your AP will be good from 9/5/11 to 9/5/12.

Also during my last visit when had the AP Voucher I forget them at Kidani Village and I was already at EPCOT. I asked the CM if they could do anything. Fortuantly since I purchased them online, the CM was able to locate the tickets using my DVC Member's Card and a photo ID. So I didn't have to go back to Kidani!!!

Not sure if they can be purchased at Disney Store.

MarkC
04-09-2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks very much for the helpful info!!