PDA

View Full Version : Birthday at Disney questions

DNS
04-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Is the Magic Kingdom the only park we can get a birthday button?
What all might cast members do?
I know special cakes can be ordered, are those sent to your resort, or restaurant with reservations?
Thanks for any information! This will be for a 6 year old boy.

Dopey's Girl
04-06-2011, 05:26 PM
You can get a birthday button at any of the parks. I got mine at Epcot, and just wore it all week.

I got a lot of "Happy Birthdays" from the CM's, and even got a cupcake at LTT, but you can't really expect to get anything if you don't pay for it, but most CM's will at the very least wish you a happy birthday. I have also gotten a call from Goofy when a CM saw my button. (He dialed a number and handed me the phone. There was a fun recording of Goofy with a birthday message.)

We ordered a cake for my aunts birthday in 2004. I called ahead, and they had it ready for us at the resturaunt. It was really cute, and super yummy. It was a few years ago, but a 8 inch round cake cost like $38...kinda spendy, but worth it to see the look on her face!

Momto3littlemice
04-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Birthdays at Disney are SO MUCH FUN! We celebrated DS's 6th bday in March and he got so much attention! All cast members wished him happy bday by name and he also got cupcakes at 3 out of 4 TS restaurants. 1900 Park Fare also has a special placemat they will give you. I also think it can help you get picked at various attractions - e.g. he was singled out in the Monsters Inc show at MK. He felt soooo special all week! (btw, you can also obtain a bday button at atleast some resorts):mickey:

faline
04-06-2011, 05:38 PM
If you note the birthday celebration on your reservation, they might even have the birthday button ready for you at check-in.

Some restaurants may provide a cupcake for the person celebrating the birthday. Some may decorate the table with Mickey confetti or a special placemat. Some may not do anything.

Make sure the occasion is noted on all your dining reservations as well.

DisneyMom12
04-06-2011, 05:39 PM
We have gotten a special placematt, confetti at the table, pins,and front row on rides, and lots of people saying happy birthday. It really is lots of fun.

LVT
04-07-2011, 07:13 AM
A few years ago the birthday and other celebration buttons were pre-made with a space left for the name, which was then written in magic marker. It might be a nicer button if you have name stickers on you that you personalized for him. (more than one, I lose things) or bring colored permanent marker.

We got cupcakes in several places and/or greeting cards signed by the wait-staff or characters. I did not need a special cake, since he had a private cake many times.

Tick-Tock
04-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Both times we were at Disney on our actual birthdays (noted on the reservations), the resort brought by a birthday card from Mickey Mouse. At the WL, it came with balloons.

BandMan
04-07-2011, 01:44 PM
One trip I celebrated my birthday at DHS. I was able to get a button there. One of the streetscape performers (the director Alberto Dante, I think) noticed my button and we had some great fun. He noticed me later and we picked up right where we'd left off. Also got MANY "happy birthday's" from CM's. It was really fun.

brivers222
04-07-2011, 01:57 PM
We got our just engaged buttons before we even went to a park.... we got them when checking in at 1900 park fare for dinner on arrival night :)

pretty much you get a lot of Congrats by everyone from characters to trash picker upers to random guests... awesome experience

occasionally you will get free stuff at restaruants like desserts and stuff. JUST MAKE SURE YOU NOTE IT ON YOUR ADR!

For our engagement at Crystal Palace we arrived to confetti on our table and received a cupcake with pink and blue candles and a congratulations card signed by pooh and his pals :)

we also had front row seats at Le Cellier for the fireworks and we had prime seats at CRT....

I will never forget that trip and it remains up top as best... until our honeymoon in December <-- which was sparked mainly by the amazing treatment we got for our honeymoon :thumbsup:

KatieDuck22
04-08-2011, 01:43 PM
i've personally celebrated a birthday on a trip once and i'm going back in thirteen days for my second birthday trip. also we celebrated my moms my brothers and my dad's in the past, and we tend to milk the birthday excitement.

You can get birthday pins almost ANYWHERE in disneyworld. I have gotten them anywhere from a resort, to a park, to a restaurant. Also when you are seen with the pin cast members wish you a happy birthday/sing/sometimes give you something free(this is rare)

Also you can make a note on your dining reservation for a birthday treat. Some places have different ways of recognizing birthdays. for instance The Habachi restaurant in Japan sings and gives you a fancy hat. I imagine each country has special treatments.

Also if your staying at a Disney resort you can arrange for balloons, cards, and trinkets to be delivered for the birthday person! Disney's definately the place to celebrate and as you go to parks and restaurants, and even some shops you'll see the fun celebrating that happens when you where one of those magical pins:party:

Kaps
04-08-2011, 02:54 PM
My kids have celebrated a few and always get ahppy birthdays from CM's. You can also get the pin at the disney resorts as well. Nothing really free they did get a ballon and signed autographed pic of mickey and company in the room.:party:

mickeynminnie08
04-10-2011, 09:13 AM
I have noted my daughter's birthday on One of our TS for a special birthday dinner. Her birthday is 4 days after we check out. Would you put it on every TS or just the one?

TheRustyScupper
04-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Is the Magic Kingdom the only park we can get a birthday button?
. . . buttons are available at all parks
. . . go to Guest Services

What all might cast members do?
. . . almost anything they want to (the key words, that "they want to")
. . . decorate table with Mickey confetti
. . . best table location
. . . special personalized menu
. . . character-autographed birthday cards
. . . balloons
. . . wine or champagne or Shirley Temples
. . . appetizers
. . . cakes with candles
. . . cupcakes with candles (almost a certainty)
. . . placemats autographed by characters
. . . wine or fruit basket sent to room
. . . flowers sent to room

I know special cakes can be ordered, are those sent to your resort, or restaurant with reservations?
. . . depends upon where the restaurant is located
. . . you can always order the Sara Lee podium cake
. . . the podium cake requires no advance notice