PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi cars?

Wall-e
04-06-2011, 01:41 PM
I am planning on eating at Sci-Fi on our first trip to WDW. I was reading on another site that sometimes people are seated at regular tables instead of in cars. There will only be 4 of us, are the chances good that we will get a car? Do I have to request a car? Thanks!

SBETigg
04-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Tables are limited and normally go to people with needs, like larger numbers or certain requests. With four in your party, you are most likely to get a car. If you are being shown to a table and you want a car, simply make your desire known and no guarantees, but they will probably accommodate if possible. Most seating is cars.

brivers222
04-06-2011, 05:00 PM
We were a party of two and got in the last row of a car... We were sitting in the third row with a family of 4 in the first two rows. Wasn't sure if it was the kids being allowed to drive or the food that made me :ack:... either way its a cool place lol

faline
04-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Chances are you'll be seated in a car. There are many more cars than there are tables. There are, however, some regular tables towards the back - sort of like you really went to the drivein and had gone to the concession stand (Is there anyone out there that still has any idea what I'm talking about?! ;)).

We were seated at one of the tables once which was fine by us (I think it was an occcasion when we did a walk-up)

Jared
04-06-2011, 06:07 PM
As others have said, a vast majority of the seating is in the cars, and most of the tables are reserved for groups with special needs. If in the extremely unlikely chance you are seated at a table, just tell the Cast Member you would prefer to sit in car, and you will almost certainly be accommodated.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

jenperich
04-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Sci-Fi is one of my favorite restaurants! The food isn't overly delicious, but the atmosphere is unbeatable! Have a great time.

Belster
04-07-2011, 12:58 AM
We have gone every year for the past 6 years or so and I can distinctly remember that the first time I went there, there were more tables then there are now. I believe there are only 5 or 6 tables and the rest are cars. You are correct Faline, the tables are located in the very back. We got one once when we did walk up.

Mickey'sGirl
04-07-2011, 08:31 AM
As others have said, the only time we were NOT seated in a car was when we did a walk up a couple of years ago. I think your "in-car" chances are pretty good! :thumbsup:

jnfr2424
04-07-2011, 07:59 PM
As soon as I see the name Sci-fi I want BLT Soup!!!
They will probably ask you when you check in at the car hop if you want to sit in a car or would you like to dine at the picnic table or one of the sideway cars. They usually have a photo to show you what they are talking about.
Like everyone has stated you will get a car and the kids will probably be in the front seat as the drivers!

My family always wished that there was a local Sci fi to visit regulary.... no wonder we go there ever ysingle trip! Have a great time

KylesMom
04-07-2011, 11:48 PM
For the first time our last ADR at Sci-Fi in late July 2010 (scheduled at 180 days out, I might add), we were seated at a table. Not quite the experience we were looking for after our repeated seatings in our drive-in car - and it definitely was not the same, especially with a child next to us that continued to kick me throughout the entire meal. :( However, we were hot, thirsty & hungry, so it didn't matter where we were seated at the time.

We have another ADR planned for July, and I will definitely ask to be seated in a car this trip! WAIT. Did I really say that? I'm continually asking to get outta the car! LOL

Seriously, I would ask to be given the full experience with your dining in a car. :mickey:

- sort of like you really went to the drivein and had gone to the concession stand (Is there anyone out there that still has any idea what I'm talking about?! ).
You betcha, Linda. We still have a classic drive-in about 30 minutes from our house, and we have been visiting it since DS was born. :)

KatieDuck22
04-08-2011, 01:49 PM
there really isn't a majority of normal tables and chances are you will get a car. make sure when you check in you varify that you want to be seated in a car just to be safe:cool:

LudwigVonDrake
04-10-2011, 03:55 PM
You have a great chance of getting a car. Enjoy the atmosphere! :mickey:

EJS-Houston
04-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Honestly, I have no doubt that there are tables there, but when I was last there 2 years ago, they were so few and far between I don't remember seeing any tables at all...only cars.