PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angels

Nate's Grandpa
04-06-2011, 10:39 AM
The Blue Angels are practicing over my office today. It's amazing to walk out into the parking lot every morning and watch them.
My office is located one mile from the main gate NAS Pensacola, which is the home of the Blue Angels.
This is a great place to live!:flag:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-06-2011, 10:53 AM
I work in Biloxi, MS...they were here two weeks ago and I could look out my office window and watch them practice...It is really cool:plane:

brownie
04-06-2011, 11:27 AM
That's cool! I enjoy the Blue Angels and the Air Force's Thunderbirds. Selfridge Air National Guard base which is by us puts on a free air show every 2 years. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it this summer, but I'm hoping. They're scheduled to have the F-22 Raptor demonstration team.

Ramblingman
04-06-2011, 11:52 AM
When I was in the Navy, I was in Pensacola staying for a few days in the barracks before flying to Jacksonville.

The morning we were flying out, we got in this little plane that held about 6-8 passengers and taxied out to the runway. Just as we reached the runway, they pulled off to the side and announced the Blue Angels were going to practice and they have control of the runways.

We had a truly front row seat for the practice as we were practically on the runway for about an hour while the jets flew directly over us.

We have taken our kids to see them many times when we lived less than an hour away from Panama City, and they never fail to impress and awe.

TheVBs
04-06-2011, 12:47 PM
We've seen them at the local airshow. They are amazing!!

brivers222
04-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Love me some Blue Angels!

IloveDisney71
04-08-2011, 10:31 PM
It's a small world. My DH works right across the street from the Blue Angels hanger and gets to see them practice whenever they are on base. He said they had an amazing practice Wednesday. :thumbsup: I'm going to have to pay him a visit one day so I can see them. I haven't seen them fly since I was a little girl and that was a long time ago.