PDA

View Full Version : Lightning McQueen/CARS rumors?

Joannelet
04-05-2011, 08:10 PM
I heard that there is a type of book that looks like a passport in Epcot that you can get...It takes you on a hunt looking for things related to the movie (CARS) coming out in June. When you reach certain countries you get a stamp.
Can anyone confirm this? This is different from the passport that is already out there...it's supposed to be CARS related.....

I also heard that Lightning McQueen will be in the Lights Motor Action show starting in June taking the place of Herbie.

If these two things are the case...my son is going to be on :cloud9:

Melanie
04-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Yes, it's true. I've attached a few pics of the booklet. It's called 'Race Around World Showcase'.
The stamps are in the countries they visit in Cars 2 - Italy, US, Japan, France and the UK. There are flag topiaries behind the Lightning McQueen topiary/display in Epcot that represent these countries. :thumbsup:

Like you said, you collect all the stamps and return to where you got the booklet (right near the Lightning topiary at the entrance to WS) and you will get a small prize. We haven't done it yet, so I can't say exactly what it is.

I too saw the rumor of Lightning replacing Herbie in LMA. Nothing definite on that yet though.

Did you see the info on the replica CARS tour?

Here are dates and cities:

3/22 Minneapolis, MN Mall of America
3/24 Kansas City, MO Crown Center
3/26 St. Louis, MO Museum of Transportation 3/27 St. Louis, MO Museum of Transportation
3/28 St. Louis, MO Wehrenberg Ronnies 20 Cine
3/30 Columbus, OH Easton Town Center
3/31 Cincinnati, OH Findlay Market Parade
3/31 Cincinnati, OH Rave Motion Pictures Milford 16
4/1 Cincinnati, OH Rave Motion Pictures Florence 14
4/4 Cleveland, OH Westfield Great Northern
4/6 Detroit, MI Great Lakes Crossing Outlets
4/9 Toronto, ON NASCAR Speedpark
4/10 Toronto, ON NASCAR Speedpark
4/11 Toronto, ON NASCAR Speedpark
4/14 Ottawa, ON Place d’Orleans Shopping Centre
4/17 Philadelphia, PA Citizens Bank Park (outside stadium)
4/18 Philadelphia, PA Citizens Bank Park (outside stadium)
4/22 – 5/1 New York, NY New York International Auto Show
5/4 Boston, MA TBD
5/7 Allentown, PA TBD
5/8 Washington, DC Silver Spring Veteran’s Plaza
5/9 Washington, DC International Spy Museum
5/13 – 5/15 Orlando, FL Walt Disney World, Downtown Disney
5/18 – 5/19 Miami, FL TBD
5/21 – 5/24 Atlanta, GA TBD
5/26 – 5/29 Charlotte, NC Coca-Cola 600
6/1 Dallas, TX TBD
6/4 – 6/6 Phoenix, AZ TBD
6/8 – 6/9 Las Vegas, NV TBD
6/11 – 6/13 San Diego, CA TBD
6/17 – 6/22 Los Angeles, CA LA Press Junket, World Premiere
6/24 – 6/26 San Francisco, CA Pixar Animation Studios, Sonoma Race

BrowncatP
04-05-2011, 08:37 PM
May 8-Washington, D.C is in Silver Spring,MD
Only ONE Spring gave the area the name. Silver Springs is in Florida.. Sorry, but this is a pet-peeve of mine.

Joannelet
04-05-2011, 08:42 PM
OMG thank you SOOOO Much Mel for the CARS tour dates!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited as we go to the NY car show every year and I didn't know that it was on the list this year!!!!
THANKS!!!! :)

LisaP
04-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Thank you so much for the cars tour dates! I had not heard of this. Checking them out in Philly on the 17th before our Phillies game!

Thanks again :woohoo:

Melanie
04-05-2011, 09:41 PM
May 8-Washington, D.C is in Silver Spring,MD
Only ONE Spring gave the area the name. Silver Springs is in Florida.. Sorry, but this is a pet-peeve of mine.

All corrected. :)

BrerGnat
04-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Cars tour? Sign us up! Maybe we'll try to hit up the San Diego one. I can imagine the L.A. ones will be INSANE! My son will LOVE this. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Melanie
04-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Cars tour?

Yes, life-size remote-controlled models of Lightning, Mater and newcomer British spy Finn McMissile. :thumbsup:

Basket Mommy
04-05-2011, 09:59 PM
I just read the news about Lightning replacing Herbie in the Lights! Motors! Action! show at DHS in June. He'll also have his own meet & greet.

Melanie
04-05-2011, 10:03 PM
I just read the news about Lightning replacing Herbie in the Lights! Motors! Action! show at DHS in June. He'll also have his own meet & greet.

Lightning and Mater have had their own meet 'n greet at Hollywood Studios for years. It's actually right down from the LMA stadium.

RBrooksC
04-06-2011, 07:39 AM
The Race Around the World Passport I assume will continue through the release of the film? We will be going in May and my five year old son and two year old daughter would love to do that.

Melanie
04-06-2011, 07:59 AM
The Race Around the World Passport I assume will continue through the release of the film? We will be going in May and my five year old son and two year old daughter would love to do that.

Good question. It's part of the Flower & Garden Festival, so it may only be through May 15. When are you going in May?

RBrooksC
04-06-2011, 08:06 AM
When I read "Topiary," I thought it might be just in conjunction with that. We are going to be there just after the Flower and Garden Festival ends on May 17.

If it is ended with the closure of the festival, it will be fine because my children don't know about it. They can still get passports and have them stamped in each country.

Joannelet
04-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Another site is confirming that Lightning will be in the LMA show in DHS starting in June. I won't fully confirm that though until one of my Intercotees confirm that it is true or on the Disney site itself...:)
but sounds great. I don't think the Herbie fans will like it too much but oh well :) We want CARS!!!! :) It's about time for all the mommy's with boys to celebrate! :party:

Basket Mommy
04-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Lightning and Mater have had their own meet 'n greet at Hollywood Studios for years. It's actually right down from the LMA stadium.

I realize that. What I read indicated that he will have his own new meet & greet in a different location.

finaldynasty
04-06-2011, 09:30 AM
From another website...Thought you might be interested.

Lightning McQueen confirmed to be replacing Herbie in the 'Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show'
Apr 04, 2011

Lightning McQueen is now confirmed to be replacing Herbie the Love Bug in the 'Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show' beginning in June 2011. McQueen will also be part of a new meet and greet experience at the Studios in June following a makeover for his new movie Cars 2.

Melanie
04-06-2011, 09:30 AM
I realize that. What I read indicated that he will have his own new meet & greet in a different location.

Okay, that wasn't clear. :)

Looks like Lightning will be appearing after he gets a makeover based on his paintjob (for lack of better explanation) in Cars 2.

I hope they don't leave Mater out. :unsure:

Ian
04-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Heh ... we picked the weekend they'll be in Philly to head down to DC for the weekend.

Oh well!

ransam
04-06-2011, 01:16 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO why didn't i know this? it says it was in Kansas City in March. i would have so gone to that....my sister in law and nephew woudl have loved that.

Imagineer1981
04-07-2011, 02:20 PM
FYI on the Cars tour...the wait was over 3 hours in St. Louis to go see it. Just be prepared!

As far as replacing Herbie, I think that makes sense. Unfortunately, there are ALOT of kids out there who have no idea who herbie is, even after that aweful remake with Lohan

Melanie
04-07-2011, 02:52 PM
When I read "Topiary," I thought it might be just in conjunction with that. We are going to be there just after the Flower and Garden Festival ends on May 17.

If it is ended with the closure of the festival, it will be fine because my children don't know about it. They can still get passports and have them stamped in each country.

I just found my booklet and it is indeed only through May 15. So sorry you guys are just going to miss it! :(

crltkcagle
04-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Yes this is great news! My boys will be super excited to see Lightning Mcqueen in LMA!

Joannelet
04-09-2011, 06:45 PM
I am so excited too as we will be there for the flower and garden festival!!! So my son will be able to do the booklet while in Epcot. :) I am so excited!!! :)
Thanks for the confirmations and the tour details because we will be going to see that too! :mickey:

dizneygirl
04-13-2011, 05:30 PM
To confirm, I spoke with a cast member at DHS last week after visiting Luigi's garage to visit with Mater and McQueen, she mentioned that we should take lots of pictures because the entire area was going to be redone in just a few weeks to go along with Cars 2.

Joannelet
04-27-2011, 05:24 PM
I kind of panicked when I saw the last post last week because one of the MAIN reasons we are going to WDW next week was so that my son could meet Lightning McQueen....
But I have to say that this past Saturday we went to the NYC Javitz Center for the car show and we were able to enjoy Lightning McQueen and Finn (the new car from Cars 2) all by ourselves since NO ONE WAS THERE looking at him with us! :)
When I figure out how to post pics on here I will post some but it was wonderful seeing him with no lines and getting great pics with no one else around. :) I am so glad we went because if he isn't there next week when we go to WDW I won't be so upset since my son got to meet him :)

Disney-4-Me
04-27-2011, 07:41 PM
I was really excited to see the tour is coming to St. Louis until I realized I totally missed it!

Reading that there was a 3 hour wait makes me feel MUCH better though.:blush:

SmallWorldBobby
04-27-2011, 11:29 PM
I would be fine with ADDING Lightning to LMA, but I'm not thrilled about him replacing Herbie. Of course it makes sense to promote the new movie, and the movie will in turn fuel (heh) enthusiasm for the show featuring Lightning. I just don't think enough effort is put into keeping classic ideas/characters for older fans to enjoy. Part of the fun of Disney is going back to relive old memories and build new ones. As a motor enthusiast, Herbie is something I remember fondly. The kids may not relate, but I do, and I pay the bills to enter the park.

Would it really have been so hard to incorporate both vehicles into a new show, or by tweaking the old one? That would be great! Old school and new school driving the stunt show together.

bdm@pga
04-28-2011, 10:25 AM
anybody know where in Allentown they will be???

Joannelet
04-28-2011, 02:15 PM
I would be fine with ADDING Lightning to LMA, but I'm not thrilled about him replacing Herbie. Of course it makes sense to promote the new movie, and the movie will in turn fuel (heh) enthusiasm for the show featuring Lightning. I just don't think enough effort is put into keeping classic ideas/characters for older fans to enjoy. Part of the fun of Disney is going back to relive old memories and build new ones. As a motor enthusiast, Herbie is something I remember fondly. The kids may not relate, but I do, and I pay the bills to enter the park.

Would it really have been so hard to incorporate both vehicles into a new show, or by tweaking the old one? That would be great! Old school and new school driving the stunt show together.
I agree....kind of like PotC. They kept the same ride just added characters from the new movie so young and old can relate. I know my brother is a huge Herbie fan....grew up with it. I haven't told him this info yet because I know he will be disappointed.

Joannelet
04-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Reading that there was a 3 hour wait makes me feel MUCH better though.:blush: I know 3 hours is crazy! That is why I was shocked when we went to NYC on Sat. to see them I was preparing my hubby for the line.....What a relief when we got there that no one and I mean no one was there with us except 2 guards. It was amazing!