PDA

View Full Version : What kind of cell phone do you have?

caryrae
04-05-2011, 05:16 PM
I have have had several over the years first one was one that actually only made phone calls. Now I have an iPhone 4 for about 7-8 months and am very happy with it. It sure is something how cells phones have changed over the years.

DebK
04-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I have a Sprint Evo 4G.....No need to travel with a laptop any more......

Melanie
04-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Love, love, love my iPhone4. :thumbsup:

disneymom15
04-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I have an iPhone 4.

cajunprincess
04-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Love Love Love my iPhone 4!!!!

sgdisney
04-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Another iPhone 4 user here. I've only had it for a couple of months but don't think I could live without it now!

Jillirose
04-05-2011, 06:12 PM
iPhone 3 (hubbies old hand me down) but still love it :thumbsup:

garymacd
04-05-2011, 06:18 PM
IPhone 3Gs.
I'd like to get an iPhone 4, but I can't really afford or justify the expense. Plus I heard that the iPhone 5 is coming, and really don't want to get into the "Catch up, Fall Behind" cycle.

Donald
04-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I have the Droid X. I took it with me on our trip to WDW and used it for our camera--it was AWESOME!!! It takes super clear photos--even action shots of my kids on the coasters.

I am not big on the apps, but I had the www.mdisneyworld.com site that I used all the time to make dining reservations while in the parks. :mickey:

The phone has great clarity and the camera is awesome--that is all that I need.

PirateLover
04-05-2011, 06:20 PM
iPhone 4!

Disney4us2
04-05-2011, 06:33 PM
I have the Droid 2. Love it. It is actually faster than using my computer.

DisneyDog
04-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Back in December I replaced my iphone3 with the iphone4. I LOVE IT!!! Much better camera! My 3 lasted me 2 1/2 years, which I think is pretty good for any device, so I had no qualms about upgrading.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-05-2011, 06:41 PM
I have a Sony Vivaz Pro. I just couldn't do the virtual keyboard on the iPhone.

I love it :)

buzznwoodysmom
04-05-2011, 06:53 PM
DH has the iPhone, I have the blackberry torch. I hate it. I only got this phone because my son was asking for a cell phone. DH and I said it was a "no go" on the cell phone for him. To ease his pain, LOL, I agreed to upgrade my phone to his phone of choice and "share" with him. It does take great photos though. In WDW last March I got better quality photos than our point and shoot digital, and my mom's more expensive camera. That would be the only thing I like about this phone.

WDWfanatic742
04-05-2011, 06:57 PM
HTC Hero. It's getting old by today's standards and I'm gonna have to upgrade soon, but you can't go wrong with Android. I'm an Android user for life :thumbsup:

Dulcee
04-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Wow I'm in the minority:blush:... Fiance and I finally updated our verizon plan to one together and got one of their two choices in a "feature" phone aka ones that don't require a data plan.

It texts. It makes phone calls. Just can't justify the cost of having internet on my phone and to be honest I'm plugged into my laptop enough during the day, don't need my phone beeping with emails at all hours of the day too :mad:.

RedSoxFan
04-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Droid X. I like it; but will get the IPhone when I'm due for an upgrade in April 2012.

brownie
04-05-2011, 07:37 PM
I have a Sprint Evo 4G.....No need to travel with a laptop any more......

:ditto:

It was nice not bringing my laptop to Disney World last year. I can even access INTERCOT on the EVO.

caryrae
04-05-2011, 07:59 PM
That's what I did too. On the last WDW trip I was on Intercot every now and then and would post pictures and video I took on my iPhone 4 to Facebook. Also used the navigon gps app to get to places outside the Disney area we wanted to go.

Melanie
04-05-2011, 08:04 PM
I am not big on the apps, but I had the www.mdisneyworld.com site that I used all the time to make dining reservations while in the parks. :mickey:

One of the best seemingly unknown gems ever! I use it all the time too. :thumbsup:

caryrae
04-05-2011, 08:09 PM
I have a Sony Vivaz Pro. I just couldn't do the virtual keyboard on the iPhone.

I love it :)

They do make actual keyboard cases for the iPhone and other phones where the keyboard uses Bluetooth and slides out from the back of the phone. So far the virtual keyboard has worked rather well for me.

Melanie
04-05-2011, 08:34 PM
They do make actual keyboard cases for the iPhone and other phones where the keyboard uses Bluetooth and slides out from the back of the phone. So far the virtual keyboard has worked rather well for me.

I didn't think I'd ever get used to it either, but I did. I can't imagine ever trying to type on those itty bitty keyboards I see on other phones, especially with nails. Just saying...

princessjojo
04-05-2011, 08:59 PM
We're all due for an upgrade within the next couple months, so I still have the a Blackberry. Can you say dislike with a capital yuck! All of us are contemplating what phone we want to go with and at this point it's a toss up between the iPhone 5 or the Droid Bionic, neither of which is out yet. My younger DS did just get a new phone, but he just wanted a standard "feature" phone as well, strange as it may seem. Highly unusual for a 13y/o, but that's what he wanted.

Spartan_Jeff
04-05-2011, 10:20 PM
We have iPhones, we both had Palms before, and my daughter has a droid....The iPhones are in a whole different universe. Wouldn't trade them for anything.

Ed
04-05-2011, 10:33 PM
My first cell phone, issued to me by my employer at that time, was one of the infamous Motorola "bricks". What a joy that thing was.....NOT ! I'm convinced that my recurring back problems came from hauling that thing around.

Presently, just a simple Motorola Razr flip phone, but I'm eligible for an upgrade this month; seriously considering the Droid X.

kakn7294
04-06-2011, 12:12 AM
I also have an iPhone 4 and absolutely love it! I've even been known to sleep with it :blush:.

btharvey
04-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Droid 2. Can't wait until my next phone, though, since they've started coming out with docking stations that contain displays and keyboards.

The ideal travel companion!

Ruprect
04-06-2011, 08:01 AM
I just upgraded my iPhone 3G to an HTC Thunderbolt and make everyone jealous with my data speeds on the Verizon 4G network.

I can download the latest Intercot podcast in about 30 seconds!

DizNee143
04-06-2011, 08:14 AM
i have a blackberry curve..i love it..besides it taking kinda cruddy photos if there isnt enough light..i love the phone..im up for an upgrade in Nov..so we will see what happens then..:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-06-2011, 09:17 AM
I also have the Blackberry curve...no problems

Ian
04-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Another iPhone 4 lover here! :thumbsup:

princessgirls
04-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Oh, I'm so not hip....no data plan, just texting and phone. I'm due to upgrade in May...
Long time T-Mobile person.

I do want an I-phone!!!!

My husband is fully connected, but that's a good thing. HE is less bored when waiting anywhere, and he can always get his sport scores!!!

Julie:mickey:

Jim&AngieMarriner
04-06-2011, 10:21 AM
We got our phones back in November. We all got HTC Incredibles on the Verizon network. We all love it and really cant think of ever going back to just a "phone". I know they are Droids but im not sure what kind. It does everything we want though and we got an awesome deal. Paid $1 for a $600 (at the time) phone.

Ramblingman
04-06-2011, 12:08 PM
I currently have an HTC Incredible. Very nice phone, sort of like an iPhone running Android.

We held off cell phones for the longest time, until we had to get one for when we moved. We got a TrakPhone and kept it in the glove compartment.

After going through several different models over the years, I moved up to a smart phone with my Blackberry about 4 years ago and honestly I don't think I will ever go backwards with a phone again. I understand those who stay small and only want to call and text, but the capabilities are too much for me to give up.

2Epcot
04-06-2011, 12:38 PM
I have a Palm Pre, which I like, but I've wanted a iPhone for sometime, though I refused to go to AT&T. Now that Verizon has the iPhone I will probably get one when my contract ends.

lettripp
04-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Motorola Droid - and LOVE it. I will probably upgrade to the X when the time comes but for now, my phone is perfect and does everything I need it to :-) I am a Mac user for computers... but I'm partial to the Andrioid software for phones :blush:

Scar
04-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Samsung - the free one I got 3 years ago when I signed up. It does everything I need it to do... it makes and receives phone calls. :D

If it ever breaks or gets lost, I will get the cheapest one available.

BrerGnat
04-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I have a Palm Pre Plus. It's a great phone. I have an ipod Touch, so having an iphone would be totally redundant, plus, I want a phone that actually works when making phone calls. ;)

I'm happy with my Palm Pre. It does what I need it to do.

brivers222
04-06-2011, 04:54 PM
fiance and I both have the iPhone 3GS.

absolutely love them!!

Dopey's Girl
04-07-2011, 11:33 PM
I have an iPhone 3GS. I love it, and will get the 4 when I can upgrade in a few months. I am totally addicted!!

Before this phone, I had a pay as you go phone. I think about that now, and can't ever imagine going back!

Ruprect
04-08-2011, 08:41 AM
I have an iPhone 3GS. I love it, and will get the 4 when I can upgrade in a few months. I am totally addicted!!

If you're set on upgrading your iPhone I would wait until the next version is released (probably in the fall). You'll likely pay the same price as you would for the 4 in a couple of months but get a newer generation device as opposed to a year-old one.

WDWfanatic742
04-08-2011, 08:47 AM
If you're set on upgrading your iPhone I would wait until the next version is released (probably in the fall). You'll likely pay the same price as you would for the 4 in a couple of months but get a newer generation device as opposed to a year-old one.

Theoretically you could say that all the time about smart phones nowadays. It's getting to the point where three or four months down the road the phone is outdated. Especially with Android phones where there are so many of them.

The new iPhone should have 4G with it. I can't see it not having it...

jennbunn
04-08-2011, 09:37 AM
I have a mytouch 4g. Love this phone. :cloud9:

Dopey's Girl
04-08-2011, 07:29 PM

I'm strange...I love my tech toys, but I almost never have the newest version. I like to hear about glitches and fixes first. But apple will most likely draw me in no matter what!

Ruprect
04-11-2011, 09:08 AM
Theoretically you could say that all the time about smart phones nowadays. It's getting to the point where three or four months down the road the phone is outdated. Especially with Android phones where there are so many of them.

True with Android but with Apple tending to release new phones only once a year at the most it is worth the time to wait for the next gen especially if the price point doesn't change (and it hasn't in past years).

The new iPhone should have 4G with it. I can't see it not having it...

This is an interesting topic. There are no indications yet that Apple has purchased any 4G components. I could maybe see Apple on AT&T's pseudo-4G network this year but wouldn't be surprised if they wait until 2012 to do an LTE iPhone. The reason they might wait is that LTE is a technology that will be supported by both AT&T and Verizon so they won't have to support two different types of 4G networks. AT&T's network isn't rolling out until this summer and the current LTE antenna's don't live up to Apple's performance standards.

EpcotFan182
04-12-2011, 08:58 AM
I have a Droid X - pretty much in love with it :cloud9:

bleukarma
04-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Oh, I'm so not hip....no data plan, just texting and phone. I'm due to upgrade in May...
Long time T-Mobile person.

I do want an I-phone!!!!

My husband is fully connected, but that's a good thing. HE is less bored when waiting anywhere, and he can always get his sport scores!!!

Julie:mickey:

If you're with Tmobile but want an iphone then I recommend the Samsung Galaxy 4G. It just came out about 6 weeks ago and I've had it since and I love it! It's very quick. Before this one I had the G1 and before that I had a blackberry. I thought I would never be able to give up my blackberry but I guess I'm a droid person now!

The only thing I dont like about it is it doesnt have a camera flash and swype takes some getting used to instead of reguler typing. And I can't figure out how to delete the pre-loaded Inception movie to free up some space. But overall I love it!

princessjojo
04-26-2011, 12:36 AM
DH & I just switched to the HTC Thunderbolt. Love,love it!

DonLefNY
04-26-2011, 09:47 AM
Currently I have a Motorola Global 2 Droid. I change phones about every 20 months.

EpcotFanatic
04-26-2011, 01:41 PM
HTC Evo, rooted running Gingerbread of course. :mickey:

catkrazy
05-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Have been loyal iphone user for 6 years now. Currently have iphone 4 and love it. Cannot imagine life without it!

Disney-4-Me
05-01-2011, 10:32 PM
HTC Hero, but I'm upgrading as soon as I get full credit. It's unbelievable how quick cell phones are changing.

Dsnygirl
05-02-2011, 05:01 AM
:cloud9: Samsung Fascinate... love, love, LOVE my phone!! :cloud9:

Pop Centurion
05-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Blackberry Torch.

magicofdisney
05-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I've become an Apple junkie in the last couple of years.

I had an iPod touch so I turned it over to the kiddos when I got my iPhone 4. Since I'm only eligible for upgrades every 2 years, I'm thinking I'll get the even numbered versions of iPhones. However, I enjoy the solid feel of this iPhone.

I heard the iPhone 5 will be slimmer (similar to the slimming of the iPad 2). Right now that doesn't interest me . I don't mind the slimmer iPad 2 version, maybe because it's larger.

Ramblingman
05-05-2011, 09:49 AM
As I posted in this thread earlier, I have the Incredible and am most happy with it. DD has the Fascinate and she equally loves it. DS and DW both have the Droid and are mostly happy with it, as they both prefer sliding keyboards to virtual keyboards.

The problem is that yesterday I discovered I am eligible for an upgrade (thought it was not until later this year or early next year).

Now I am wondering if I should switch over to Verizon's iPhone, stay with my Incredible, or get the new Incredible 2 or Thunderbolt. On one hand I like the Android OS, but switching would allow me to no longer need my iTouch that was handed down to me from DW when she got her Droid. True, I could put music on my Incredible too, but since I have the iTouch, I figured might as well use it.

I'm really on the fence on this one. That means I probably will not do anything rash, waiting and gathering more info before making any kind of move.

caryrae
05-09-2011, 11:46 AM
I have been watching some video of the new Kyocera Echo that uses Sprint and it looks like a very interesting phone. It has been getting some good reviews, it has dual touch screens so you can unfold it from one 3.5" screen to 2 screens which doubles the screen size.

Tiggerlovr9000
05-10-2011, 01:38 AM
I have a samsung lg. Sorry my brain doesn't do high tech.. We signed over to a verizon plan from alltell because they made it sound so great.. My dd verizon phone broke yesterday and so we tried to hook up her old alltel phone. I was told by verizon that they can't because it is an alltel phone.. I don't understand because the only reason I am with verizon is because they bought out alltell...:confused::confused::confused: I thought they are the same company..Just another way for them to sell another phone.. My friend had a lo tech verizon phone(brand new) so I bought it for 50 dollars... If my dd wants high tech she will have to pay the 200 dollars or wait for an up grade in 12 months..As soon as they are out of college I am done with cell phones...That will be 200 dollars a month I can put towards a WDW trip..:thumbsup:

princessjojo
05-11-2011, 04:09 PM
...On one hand I like the Android OS, but switching would allow me to no longer need my iTouch that was handed down to me from DW when she got her Droid. True, I could put music on my Incredible too, but since I have the iTouch, I figured might as well use it.

That was the primary reason I chose to get the Thunderbolt over the iPhone. Both of the kids already have iTouchs and DH feels that if he wants to listen to something, he can borrow mine or the kids. It was no need for me to essentially have both. I LOVE the Thunderbolt, but it is taking some time getting used to the larger phone when I'm talking. The only thing I don't like about it is the speaker phone and it's not really that bad, just akward. I feel I have to turn the phone over and around sorta to use it. TONS of great apps for it as well.