PDA

View Full Version : V&A Prix Fixe for vegetarians...

McLiberal8
04-05-2011, 10:48 AM
I have booked ADRs for Victoria and Alberts for the first time, I am very excited!

As a vegetarian, I am curious how the prix pixe menu is for vegetarians. Has anyone had it?

I know it probably changes, but I am curious if it is worth it.

No use going if I am paying the same for some market vegetables while the boyfriend makes his money back in wagyu beef. :)

Hopefully it is a truffle-heavy menu - yum!

garymacd
04-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Our experience - limited as it is, but germaine to the question - is that they do a very good job of accommodating any dietary requirements. I found out afterwards, of course, that I could have ordered two different plates from the meat course instead of one from the meat course and one from the fish course.

I don't like fish. It smells and tastes like fish.

The menu we received was personalised for us and included any dietary restrictions, like allergies to nuts, kosher, vegetarian or vegan.

If you go to Info Central here at Intercot, you can see our sample menu from our trip five years ago.

Usually they will talk to you personally before you arrive and set your menu for you at that time.

awaggett
04-05-2011, 09:00 PM
We had a similar experience. I am allergic to shell fish--we let them know when we made the reservation and I had a different menu/plan then the other folks I dined with. I believe when we made the reservations they also asked if we had any likes/dislikes, etc. I'm guessing I paid the same price, but had different food. BTW...it was amazingly awesome! Be sure to splurge for the special brewed coffee service--it is very cool.