PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted Tiki Room : OLD SHOW

brivers222
04-05-2011, 09:52 AM
I know there are several blogs where people are speculating that the Old show will be back in place of the burnt out old show (thank god the tiki gods saw fit to burn them up!!!!)

Does anyone know if this is actually going to happen? and if so when abouts would the old show be up and running???

JPL
04-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Nothing Official from Disney yet so until they make an announcement it's still just considered a rumour.

Strmchsr
04-05-2011, 10:38 AM
:ditto: but whatever is going to be there is supposed to open around July 1.

brivers222
04-05-2011, 11:20 AM
:ditto: but whatever is going to be there is supposed to open around July 1.

Perfect!!! that is well before December 10th ;)

SmallWorldBobby
04-29-2011, 12:22 AM
I don't have an actual Disney source (if I find one I'll come back and post it), but every place I've checked is now stating that Tropical Serenade will be ditching Iago and Zazu. No word on whether it will return to the original show in its entirety. Hopefully they've updated some animatronics and taken care to brighten the show and add new life. The reopening is slated for August 16, 2011.

You know, for most of the grumbling I hear about "New Management" (on the record: I didn't like it), I still think it was a decent idea. It just wasn't executed well. Two popular birds from recently popular movies (at the time) could have really energized the lagging classic. Too bad it wasn't handled better.

LudwigVonDrake
04-29-2011, 06:14 AM
I'll believe it when I see it but here's hoping they bring back the original show :mickey:

The last I read the show doesn't reopen until mid-August.

Bethis26fan
04-29-2011, 08:37 AM
How was the old show? I've only saw the new one.

DisneyDINK
04-29-2011, 10:00 AM
How was the old show? I've only saw the new one.

Well, I'm probably in the minority, but I preferred the "New Management" show to the old tropical serenade. The old show is OK. You take away Iago, Zazu (sp?) and the character who jumps out in the middle nd you're left with the 4 parrots (Jose, Fritz, Pierre, and the other one who's name escapes me right now) who introduce the other birds, the flowers, the enchanted fountain, the tikis, etc.

Disneyland never updated the attraction and is still running the old "Tropical Serenade"; the preshow is different, though. I saw it last year and it is pretty much exactly how I remembered it. I'm glad you (and others like you) will get to see the old show; I'll check it out the next time I'm there, but it will be more about nostalgia than entertainment.

Oddly, I tried to go to the Tiki Room in January, but it was closed, due to a fire as I later read.

ransam
04-29-2011, 02:16 PM
i saw the old one at DL this past January. it was really nice, but not sure if i would want it back to WDW.
it seems that at times WDW is getting lazy and bringing out old shows to replace current shows...i'd like to see them just keep the current Tiki show and come up w/ something new.

BWayGrl
04-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Was there really a fire, or did they just use that as a cover story because of the whole Gilbert Gottfried thing? I mean, wasn't Iago the only AA to be damaged? Just sayin....;)

crltkcagle
04-29-2011, 09:21 PM
I like the new show better also. Guess I am the odd ball out too. :mickey:

teamblackwell
04-30-2011, 12:49 AM
look down

joanna71985
04-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Was there really a fire, or did they just use that as a cover story because of the whole Gilbert Gottfried thing? I mean, wasn't Iago the only AA to be damaged? Just sayin....;)

No, there definitely was a fire

Disney-4-Me
04-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Another vote for the original show. Stick with the classics. Any time there is a tie-in with a new movie, there is a risk of the ride seeming old if the movie doesn't turn into a classic.

idolfan1
05-11-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm reading all this talk about The Tiki Room attraction, my family and i while on our trip out there just a couple of weeks ago noticed The Tiki Room was closed. I had noticed on the internet before we left, it was going to be closed until the end of June '11. What's going on? i'm confused. Are they closing down the Tiki Room attraction permanently, i hope not. I absolutely love that attraction, the latest one is my personal favorite with that song which goes "i'm feelin' hot hot hot". They're not replacing The Tiki Room with something else are they? I hope not. Does anyone know anything about The Tiki Room attraction. GIVE ME THE SCOOP!:mickey:

WDWfanatic742
05-11-2011, 11:23 PM
They pushed the re-opening date back to August. They've haven't officially said what they are doing yet...

idolfan1
05-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Thank you for the heads up. I was just thinking, if my mom and i go in December like she and i do every other year for a whole week, hopefully Tiki Room will officially be re-opened. If they're re-doing the show, i hope its going to be even better. Anyways, thanks again:mickey:

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-12-2011, 10:14 AM
I hope they bring back the original or write better songs/lines for Iago and Zazu. They seemed a bit forced to me. I deffinately did not like it as much as the original. I would still go and sit through it, i dont HATE it but just pefered the original much more.

HackLaSalle
05-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Maybe they're going Tokyo Disneyland and bringing you the Tiki Room with Stitch.

Then Stitch's great escape can be made into something better.

KylesMom
05-12-2011, 02:02 PM
There's actually a lengthy conversation going on here in the News & Rumors forum:

Tiki Room - Let's All Sing To Tropical Serenade (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=180198)

firefan43
05-12-2011, 03:30 PM
I used to love the OLD version of the Tiki room. My mom was a huge fan and used to sing the Tiki Room song when i was a kid so its a nostalgia thing for me. I find the zazu and iago show to be loud and obnoxious. I really hope they revert it to the previous version.

idolfan1
05-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Everyone has theire opinions and has a right to them. Everyone is different. The current one is more modern, hip, etc. Iago and Zazu cracked me up, those two were funny to me. I actually hated the original version, it scared me half to death while i was a child going to see it as a child. I'm sure it'd scare my 3 year old nephew. Anyways, if there isn' t going to be any Tiki Room show anymore after it re-opens in the hopefully near future then, RIP TIKI ROOM!

darthmacho
05-12-2011, 05:52 PM
I never saw the original. I hope whatever way they go, that it's a good show to watch! :mickey: