PDA

View Full Version : October or May less expensive?...

mom2morgan
04-04-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm finding the new accomodations "seasons" rather boggling. If I'm reading correctly, October seems to be slightly lower priced on accomodations than May (and weekends are more than week days, right?) But to factor into that, what have your experiences been in terms of chances of "specials" such as a percentage off room rate or free dining? I think I've heard that Free Dining, when offered, tends to be Sept/Oct. I suspect a bigger savings for us would be on room rates, but can't figure out a "pattern" to when they are most likely discounted. Anything else you can think of that factors into price? For instance, I can't see any difference as far as flights are concerned as long as I don't try to fly on a holiday, but I may be wrong.

faline
04-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Hard to know which time frame will work out for you financially. As you mention, Disney sometimes provides discounts. Free dining, when offered, does not automatically result in a savings as it is typically offered as part of a package. Sometimes, having a room only discount and paying for your dining works out better.

I'd suggest working with Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/)who can help you untangle all the various offerings and steer you to the best deal for your family.