PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House infor/reviews please

FenwayGirl
04-04-2011, 07:48 AM
I just booked Tusker House for the first time...input please??

pox24
04-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Great buffet. You will not go away hungry.:thumbsup:

hannahandkalebmom
04-04-2011, 08:52 AM
We ate there our last trip. It is now on our must do list of places to eat. Interaction with the characters is great as is the food. We had breakfast and it was a blast! There is something for everyone on the buffet we especially liked the potatoes.

WishingStar2006
04-04-2011, 09:11 AM
I agree, the food is great and the character interaction is wonderful. I will note, however, that we were traveling with a little one who is sensitive to loud noise and the "parade" kinda freaked him out....it was loud....but a lot of fun for those who aren't sensitive.

wdwfamilyof4
04-04-2011, 10:28 AM
My family's absolute favorite. In fact my husband's plan is "when we win the lottery" :thumbsup:he's going to fly down just to go Tusker House for breakfast. We've never done lunch but would think it'd be just as fabulous.

Princess2BsMom
04-04-2011, 10:53 AM
We ate there on our last trip. It was great! Good food (breakfast) and good character interaction. Looking forward to doing it again!

cuteduck223
04-04-2011, 11:00 AM
We ate there for the first time on our last trip as well. We really enjoyed it, but it did feel a little cramped and we were there for an 8 am ADR. The food however was awesome--probably one of the best breakfast buffets.

paragon
04-04-2011, 12:56 PM
We have done lunch there a few times, its very good.I have alrady made our Sept ADR!
I am a fan of buffet meals, it allows everyone in our group a better choice. If you actuallu look at alot of the other menus, they often actually have very few entree choices that appeal to a wide range. If you're not into some type of salmon dish, or pork or turkey, or even staek/beef, then you are really limited, Tusker House,Cape May,and Crystal Palace all seem to have a great variety of food. TH is my second favorite, of all the restaurants.

FenwayGirl
04-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks for all of the information. This is the first time that we are trying this venue. We are doing the lunch, so the information reagarding lunch menu is very helpful:mickey:

joonyer
04-04-2011, 03:24 PM
We haven't tried their buffet yet, but are looking forward to it on our next visit.

timberho
04-05-2011, 08:12 PM
We have an ADR here for early morning and I was hoping someone could tell me what exactly makes this breakfast buffet so different than the other character breakfast buffets as far as food selection goes? I figured it would be the same as a CP or Cape May ect..

jonahbear2006
04-06-2011, 02:17 AM
We booked one year, then cancelled. We booked the next year and then out of fear, cancelled. This year, in Jan, we booked and kept it. We arrived first thing in the morning and the Cast members were spread throughout the park to keep us moving in the right direction, so we didnt get lost. Apparently, the only people in AK were Tusker house people. We arrive and our names are taken. I didn't put the baby on our ADRs and they were one of the few restaurants that were not upset by this. I was unaware, at the time of reserving them, that the baby need to be on there. They call our names and on our way in we are stopped by Donald. My son had on his zookeeper costume from halloween (generic brand) and yet he looked just like Donald. Donald laughed and gave him some special attention. We were seated and greeted with Jungle Juice right away. We were so excited that they had Jungle Juice. I was sure that Boma was the only place that was available. Pretty soon, Goofy storms through the room and makes quite an appearance. The music is turned on and a delightful african jig has turned Goofy into a hyper, dancin machine. The kids all squealed with delight and followed him around the room with maracas. He took pics with everyone and the rest of the gang followed close behind him. I was so excited that the characters HERE came BEFORE the meal. They were all in and out before we even got started. This kept our kids from being distracted from the food, once they were settled. We head to the buffet, a little nervous about the offerings. Probably 8 different toppings for toast, lots of different combinations of eggs, many typical american breakfast offerings, a few african style things, a great meat counter, and in the middle of the room an island of dessert. There were doughnuts of glazed and choc with sprinkles, macaroons, chocolate croissants, canolis, danishes, rolls, etc....the list goes on. Halfway through the meal, my father in law says, we have got to do this again! He said it, but we were all thinking it. It was such a pleasant atmosphere and such a wonderful, bountiful display of food. Crystal palace is here (at my waist) and tusker house is here ( at eye level). Perhaps because it is newer, who knows. Maybe it is just because it is expected to be different bc its "african buffet" like boma. Either way, whatever the reason, this is a really fabulous little place and I wish we hadn't held off so long. It seems some of the character interactions in the restaurants are better than other places. We have had really great experiences with all of them but I have to say that Mickey and friends spend a lot more time with you here and at garden grill than they do with you at chef mickeys. Garden grill had fabulous character interaction but I just wasnt all that impressed with their menu. This, I think, is the best place to encounter Mick-a-Mick, as the baby would say.

jonahbear2006
04-06-2011, 02:19 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention the added perk of getting our photos in front of the Tree before the park opened. This is, to me, just like getting our photo in front of the castle.. We got a photo like that in every park except Epcot. I was kinda disappointed about that but it seems you just cant get one of those at Epcot unless you do a Long exposure at night.