PDA

View Full Version : ADR at signatures for app/dessert?

remy1014
04-03-2011, 06:43 PM
I would love to try some of the appetizers and desserts at some of the signatures. We are traveling with a 6 year old so we have mostly kid related dining. I was thinking since we are staying at WL/AKL I could at least go to Artist Point and Jiko by myself once DD is in bed to try either an appetizer or dessert. I feel bad taking up a table though.

I would mostly likely get an after dinner drink and dessert, plus maybe a flatbread at Jiko.

Thanks

ElenitaB
04-03-2011, 06:51 PM
If you're going past your child's bedtime, I imagine that you will be dining past the prime dinner rush. Also, since you will only be having an appetizer and/or dessert, you will only be occupying the table for a short time. Tip accordingly and I can't see a problem at all.

faline
04-03-2011, 07:44 PM
At Jiko, there is a lounge area where you can order off the same menu as you can inside the restaurant (at least this was true a few year's ago when we dined in this area).

SBETigg
04-03-2011, 08:56 PM
I would make an ADR to be safe. Just tell your server what you want when you get there. They are very accommodating. Not having that ADR could mean not getting a seat at some of the Signatures. Turning over a table quickly is never a problem when they have people waiting-- and even after the hours considered dinner rush, they still have quite a few people waiting to eat late at some places. Don't feel bad about taking up space- you are dining, no matter what you order, and you should enjoy your time there.

azcavalier
04-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Albeit, it's been a while, but when my DW and I went to DL for our 1st anniversary, we couldn't afford a fancy dinner (blew all the money on plane tickets and admission), but we DID make an ADR (or whatever it was called at the time) at the Blue Bayou in the French Quarter/New Orleans Square just for desserts. We were told it was fairly common. I wouldn't feel bad about doing that at all.