PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe on DDP

PittFan
04-03-2011, 08:42 AM
As i was making my ADR's this morning i noticed that the Rainforest Cafe was an option on the DDP now, so i booked it. I don't remember hearing anything about it being added to the DDP though, so i'm second guessing myself as to whether this was an error on the site or it is actually on the DDP. Can someone please confirm either way. If it's not i will need to cancel and choose another restaurant. Thanks in advance for your feedback. :mickey:

mgmnut
04-03-2011, 09:18 AM
From what I can find, The Rainforest Cafe is on the dining plan, but only the Premium dining plan.

Scar
04-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Where did you see this? Neither one is listed on the 2011 brochure.

ETA: The DTD one is listed on the Premium and Platinum Plans.

mgmnut
04-03-2011, 09:44 AM
I found it on WDW website. Although the 2011 DDP does not show the Animal Kingdom Rainforest Cafe as being on the DP, the website shows it for the Premium and Platinum DP. See below:

Dining plans accepted at Rainforest Café® Animal Kingdom When you book your vacation, you can purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package that includes one of our Disney Dining Plans. Each plan offers certain meal entitlements that can be redeemed at select restaurants. For more information, please visit the Disney Dining Plans page

Use the chart below to find the number of Table-Service Meals redeemed per person at this restaurant for each dining plan.

Disney Dining Plan Type Entitlements Used At Location
Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Quick service dining plan — — —
Dining plan — — —
Deluxe dining plan — — —
Premium dining plan 1 1 1
Platinum dining plan 1 1 1

PittFan
04-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Thank You. Looks like I'm going to have to cancel Rainforest Cafe and make another ADR.

HoosierDisneyFan
04-03-2011, 10:18 PM
I found this out the hard way... I had to change my lunch ADRs last week during my recent trip to WDW. The mobile website listed that Rainforest Cafe in DTD was on the DDP so I booked the ADR using the mobile website. Not until we were seated in the resturant did I find out that it was only the Premium and Platinum plans were accepted. I am glad I asked before ordering. This information may have been on the mobile website but if it was I did not noticed it.

BTW we left the resturant and walked over to the Saratoga Springs resort and ate lunch at the Turf Club Bar & Grill. Very good option!

PittFan
04-04-2011, 04:04 PM
HoosierDisneyFan .. i booked the adr online and it simply stated that ddp was accepted there. Had it not been for our helpful Intercotees, i would have assumed it was now on the dining plan and just shown up there for our adr. There should be some way to discern it from the regular ddp when booking online.

mgmnut
04-09-2011, 08:33 AM
HoosierDisneyFan .. i booked the adr online and it simply stated that ddp was accepted there. Had it not been for our helpful Intercotees, i would have assumed it was now on the dining plan and just shown up there for our adr. There should be some way to discern it from the regular ddp when booking online.

There actually is a way. When you are booking your reservation online, click on the "Book a reservation" button, and then the "View Dining Plan Information" link. This will show you what dining plan the restaurant participates in.

JPL
04-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Just an FYI the Rainforest Cafe is not really a good value on the DDP. It usually averages $25-$30 per person. So paying OOP maybe a better option.

bdm@pga
04-12-2011, 11:50 AM
noticed all of this when making my reservations, but it leads to a great argument...why is the Rainforest Cafe only on the Premium plan, when all the other rest. that are so much better are not. Do you really think the Rainforest is premium anything? Love the atmosphere but come on..who do they think they are?

nfrustaci
04-12-2011, 06:40 PM
noticed all of this when making my reservations, but it leads to a great argument...why is the rainforest cafe only on the premium plan, when all the other rest. That are so much better are not. Do you really think the rainforest is premium anything? Love the atmosphere but come on..who do they think they are?

agreed !!!

JPL
04-12-2011, 07:17 PM
noticed all of this when making my reservations, but it leads to a great argument...why is the Rainforest Cafe only on the Premium plan, when all the other rest. that are so much better are not. Do you really think the Rainforest is premium anything? Love the atmosphere but come on..who do they think they are?

It has nothing to do with the the quality of the food or anything else. It has to do with the amount Disney gives to the restaurant per meal. My guess is they get enough to cover their costs and turn a profit with the amount they receive from the premium plan but not enough from the standard plan.

LisaP
04-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Interesting! Now I wonder if this would be the same case for T-Rex, since they are owned by the same company ... hi ho hi ho it's off to research I go!