PDA

View Full Version : First Time using the Dining Plan

Magic Smiles
04-02-2011, 08:47 PM
We have always said that we would never purchase the DDP as we could never eat all the food nor do we like to be tied down to timings while on vacation. Since this is our 6th visit to WDW we had decided to do 6 TS meals, which is a lot for us as we are QS people. Then we receive a PIN for free QS dining during our planned trip 2 - 18 May 2011. After a lot of back and forth and a co-worker telling me I was crazy if we didn't take the free dining we opted to give up our 20% room discount and pay the surcharge for the DIning Plan/free QS dining for the period 2 - 16 May. So now we have 13 planned TS meals.
Here they are:
2 May - Raglan Road Irish Pub Restaurant for the day we arrive
3 May - Liberty Tree Tavern - lunch
Fireworks Dessert Party - paid extra for tickets
4 May - Yak & Yeti - dinner
5 May - Sea World so no TS
6 May - Hollywood Brown Derby - dinner
7 May (our anniversary) - Via Napoli - dinner
8 May (Mother's Day) - Kona Cafe - dinner
9 May - 50's Prime Time Cafe - dinner (DS's request)
10 May - Universal / IOA so no TS, but Margaritaville :blush:
11 May - The Garden Grill Restaurant - dinner
12 May - Busch Gardens so no TS
13 May - Les Chef de France - dinner
14 May - Kouzzina by Cat Cora - dinner
15 May - Cape May Cafe - breakfast and Coral Reef for dinner
16 May - Le Cellier - lunch

We have never eaten at any of the places except for 50's Prime Time Cafe. I really hope that we enjoy this new way of seeing WDW and don't gain too much weight. I can still see us buying additional snacks as we LOVE our Disney snacks :cloud9: I also know that we will now end up spending more as we will be drinking more with our meals and the extra money for tips. This however has a good chance of being our last Disney trip for a long time, if not forever (DH says we won't be going back) now that we have discovered cruising and DS is 19. Yes DS is coming with us on this trip.

kellykelly
04-03-2011, 12:24 AM
Wow ~ your plans look great! And what a long trip. We are also taking advantage of free dining for our upcoming August trip. It sure makes the vacation less stressful when you are feeding two carnivores. Have a great time and I look forward to reviews of your restaurants as we have some of the same scheduled.:thumbsup:

AllDisney
04-03-2011, 12:32 PM
We also are taking advantage of Free Dining with our upcoming May trip. We upgraded to the TS and for us it's worth it. We love the fact that, aside from the tip & non-alcoholic beverages, it's all taken care of ahead of time:thumbsup:

Your choices look great. Enjoy!