PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Character Meal

cardnl1b
04-02-2011, 11:34 AM
In all the years I've been to Disney, I never had tried this restaurant until this past week on our vacation. I was looking for one last Disney treat for the kids, before we left our Spring Break vacation, and discovered a nice hidden (at least for us) restaurant. We made dinner reservations at the Garden Grove, in the Swan. They actually do a character breakfast (just like a lot of other resorts). But, do a great dinner character dining, with a different menu several times during the week. Goofy and Pluto, are the characters for the dinner meals. It was great, being that Goofy is my daughter and my favorite characters!
But, the food was also excellent and they actively changed out and brought out new food when the dish was out.

I would definately recommend this restaurant, especially since it is off of the normal disney path of the parks.

finaldynasty
04-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks for sharing! I really want to try this now. I did not know it was a character resturant.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks for sharing! A good friend of mine went to this character meal a couple of months ago, and she also really enjoyed it :thumbsup:

jpH/keD
04-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Nice find and so nice to share! My ds8's favorite is Pluto!!Will make a note of this for next summer when we go!!! Thanks again for sharing! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
04-02-2011, 02:18 PM
There are characters at the Garden Grove every night, and at breakfast on weekends.

Has anyone been there on "Fisherman's Wharf" night (Mondays and Fridays)? I wonder their buffet compares to Cape May. Here's a link to their dinner menus (http://swandolphinmeetings.com/menus/restaurant_menus/gardengrove/gg_dinner.html).

Thanks to the OP, for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Joannelet
04-02-2011, 02:34 PM
That is so strange that you just wrote this today because we were discussing how we are going there on our trip in October! We are staying at the Dolphin hotel that time around :)
Can you tell me what type of items they had for the dinner buffet? There seems to be some discrepancy in my family as to what else they offer besides fried chicken and mac n cheese....
Thanks!