PDA

View Full Version : I keep trying not to think about myself.

luvdiznee
04-02-2011, 04:15 AM
But it is just o so hard. This is about a friend I reunited with very recently on Facebook. Previously we had been neighbors for years. Our daughters went to the same school, though she was a bit older than my DD.

But then they moved and we stayed in touch for a while, but then lost contact. But thanks to Facebook we got in touch VERY recently,(I found her). We would chat daily. Our latest chat was yesterday morning. But this is also the day she passed away.

I could not believe it. I am still stunned and can't sleep as you may see from the time here. But one of the things she said to me a few weeks ago was we should get together. I didn't not plan on doing it. Just didn't think I would have to act this fast. Because unfortunately it didn't and now won't happen.

Here's where I am trying to not think of myself, since she has a daughter. Granted she is a confident, smart and independent young lady. Karen raised her very well as a single parent. But to hear her distraught reaction, sends chills.

So she is the one I am trying to stay focused on, not the fact that we did not get together. Though that is not a good feeling either.

Mousefever
04-02-2011, 06:24 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. It must be devastating to have lost your friend just as you were reconnecting. Although her daughter is going through a painful time, and deserves your support, that doesn't mean that you don't deserve any support yourself. And that's what we're here for. :hug:

I know that it is difficult not to dwell on the negative right now. Losing a friend is heart-wrenching. Please try to remember, though, that even though you didn't have the opportunity to see your friend, you brought a lot of joy into her life just by contacting her.

I'm praying for you and for her daughter.

Amy

disneymom15
04-02-2011, 09:20 AM
So sorry for you loss.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-02-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm so sorry for your's and her daughter loss. How sad. But at least you had the chance to connect with her before she passed away. Don't dwell on the fact that you didn't get together, rejoice in the fact that you had her friendship and she had yours up till the end.

luvdiznee
04-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Thank you all. I am praying for her daughter, too.

faline
04-02-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you lost a friend.

murphy1
04-04-2011, 10:43 AM
That is a terrible loss! Keep in touch with her daughter for sure. I'm sure she would appreciate the gesture. Maybe that's why you were reunited with your friend, I don't believe in conincendence, there are reasons for things beyond our own understanding. Prayers and comfort during this time.

Shari

SBETigg
04-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! My best friend passed away unexpectedly on New Year's Day 2010. I'm still reeling from it, honestly. I was able to shift focus to her family for a little while- but there comes a point that you just have to let yourself feel the grief. I still lose it at random moments- tears come, can't hold back, miss her with all my heart. I'm so blessed that I had her in my life.

It's tragic, and of course we all feel for the loved ones. But don't leave yourself out. You were close, too, and you'll need to grieve this unexpected, sad loss for you. I'm wishing you comfort and peace, and again, I am so very sorry.

princessgirls
04-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy.

I am thankful for you that you were able to reconnect with your friend, even though you didn't get to see her, you still were able to communicate. No regrets!!!!

You need to grieve the loss of your friend. Again, my sympathies.

Julie:mickey:

luvdiznee
04-04-2011, 04:57 PM
That is a terrible loss! Keep in touch with her daughter for sure. I'm sure she would appreciate the gesture. Maybe that's why you were reunited with your friend, I don't believe in conincendence, there are reasons for things beyond our own understanding. Prayers and comfort during this time.

Shari

I was wondering about this, too. And I was also wondering whether it would have been worse not knowing anything at all.

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! My best friend passed away unexpectedly on New Year's Day 2010. I'm still reeling from it, honestly. I was able to shift focus to her family for a little while- but there comes a point that you just have to let yourself feel the grief. I still lose it at random moments- tears come, can't hold back, miss her with all my heart. I'm so blessed that I had her in my life.

It's tragic, and of course we all feel for the loved ones. But don't leave yourself out. You were close, too, and you'll need to grieve this unexpected, sad loss for you. I'm wishing you comfort and peace, and again, I am so very sorry.

Yes, I am thinking about her daughter while she is here "taking care of things". She doesn't live in this area. Watching the Apprentice last night made me feel really bad, because she was saying she couldn't wait to see that episode (she loved reality shows) where Meatloaf got so mad. She kept wondering what made him so mad. So yes certain things triggering emotions.

Again, Thank You, everyone.