PDA

View Full Version : Why do YOU love WDW?

McLiberal8
04-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Just curious to see the variety of answers, here.

I have a WDW tattoo on my left wrist, and constantly get asked why I have it.

It is hard to summarize to a non-Disney nerd why, but I usually end up explaining that Disney World is complete, to me. Disney understands the complexity of simplicity, and never walks away from a challenge of 'it can't be done'.
It is my happy place. Looking at my tattoo always reminds me to stay young at heart and to always dream big.

What about you? What do you tell people, when they ask why you love WDW so much?

mouseketeer mom
04-01-2011, 04:39 PM
ahhh...very nice answer from the OP.
It is also my happy place. It is a place of simple joy, dreaming big, come as you are, silly is good, adventures are plenty and leaving it all behind. It is about reaching in, finding your happy heart and letting go. Do I sound a little corny and over the top? Maybe, but I love it, and connecting with my family, totally free from the "outside world", well, there is nothing like it. And it always happens for us at WDW.:)

cer
04-02-2011, 08:57 AM
It is a place for me to go and be reminded that it is never too late and you are never too old to dream and realize those dreams. It reinforces the power of the human spirit.

And what is great is that the magic 'magically' infects a large majority of the people there. As a result, the encounters there on that property and also on boards like this seem to be kinder and gentler than others. :mickey: But then again, I guess I could just be looking through my rose-colored Disney glasses....

Frog
04-07-2011, 11:08 AM
After our first visit, I was intrigued with the notion that Walt wanted things done the right way... I appreciate the Park's ability to tell a story without a book.

BWayGrl
04-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Disney for me is just a place where you can forget about real life for a little while and just be a kid again! It's like a whole other world where nothing bad happens and you can just have fun with your family and friends. It is happy and magical :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
04-08-2011, 11:05 PM
For me, it's all about the escape. There's no outside news, nothing scary, nothing to worry about. It's naps in the heat of the day, a smile on everyones faces, yummy treats around every corner.

22 days until perfection!

Joannelet
04-09-2011, 06:49 PM
It's a place where I don't have to worry about anything. I leave my problems back at home. I enjoy my time with my family and live in Walt's World :)
I am on :cloud9: when I am there....No other place where I feel like that! :)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-09-2011, 09:09 PM
It's a place where I can go and leave the stress of everyday life behind. That's not to say you don't have stress there too, but it's a different kind of stress. And I can be a kid again.