PDA

View Full Version : Massage Chairs HELP

thrillme
04-01-2011, 02:24 PM
My father suffers from a "multitude" of back problems including sciatic nerve (which he's had surgery for). He used to go to a chiropractor and he felt so much better when he did. But then that chiropractor moved and well...he's never been satisfied with anyone else (truth be told...he really doesn't TRY...just complains:-o)

I recently sat in a VERY nice "massage chair" (one of the more expensive ones). I recommended it to him and he seemed to like it...he sat through the demonstration for close to an hour TWO days in a row...Claimed not to have any pain when he got out but grumbled "it's probably just a coincidence"...SIGH...even said it made him "woozy"...I experienced his "woozy"...it was a nice light relaxed feeling you get after a massage...I KNOW exactly what he was talking about. He was even happily walking around the store for a while buying fruit and meats etc (we were at Costco)...till he got annoyed with the crowds...

He "opted" to buy the chair. But still grumbled :(..I don't know if I did the right thing recommending this chair or not. It should be delivered to his house any day now. He CAN return it for a full refund...

Has anybody with back problems ever had any moderately long term experience with similar chairs??? Did you feel like they helped?

PlutoToo
04-01-2011, 07:31 PM
No real long term experience with a chair like this, but my husband saw one and tried it when we were traveling. If we could have figured out how to get one (you had to pick it up at the store) we'd have one now.

thrillme
04-01-2011, 11:00 PM
This was a "special event" chair. I had tried massage chairs before but I liked this one mire than any other. Both my Dad and I have issues with our "neck and shoulder" area... MOST chairs I had tried only made it up to about the shoulder blades... My Dad's taller so it was worse on him. This one actually took it very high. Past my neck and was adjustable.

Dad has all sorts of issue with his back. I really hope this will help him but I don't know. His doctor seemed to believe this would help too. I just don't know. I know it won't replace a real human massage but...