PDA

View Full Version : AKL Wait list?

CosmicRay
03-31-2011, 05:54 PM
We are going in November, we already made reservations for our home resort at SS. We are hoping to change our reservations to AKL. Anyone know if it is tough to get reservations for AKL?

faline
03-31-2011, 06:41 PM
Don't know if it's tough or not - our next trip will be our first staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge on DVC points. I called within our 7 month window and, while I couldn't book concierge (which I expected), 1-bedroom Savannah views were available at both Jambo House and Kidani Village.

MinnieMommie
03-31-2011, 07:31 PM
My experience has been similar. When I have booked AKL at the 7 month window I have always been able to get a room but unfortunately never concierge. Hope you will be able to get what you want. Just try to call DVC as soon as they open on the morning of your 7 month window. :mickey:

DizneyRox
03-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Concierge is Jambo only and limited. I've never seen AKLV to be very crowded, I can't imagine getting a room is difficult. Jambo House though has been a zoo the past few times, with all the "regulars" figuring out it's a great resort it can get pretty congested. Bus stops at Kidani first usually, I'd stay there given a choice.

Disney4us2
03-31-2011, 08:19 PM
We booke the end of July into August at 7 months for a savannah view studio. Changed it a few weeks later to the middle of August with no problem at all. They did have club level open, but only one.... for one night only. We needed 2 studios.

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Last week I tried booking a 2-BR for 6 days in late August and was told none were available in either standard or savannah view.

I guess timing is everything...:(

CosmicRay
03-31-2011, 10:55 PM
Thank you all for your help! I guess I will just give them a call first thing and hope for the best! If I don't get it, I've still got SS.

pox24
04-01-2011, 05:37 AM
Got SV at Jambo with no problem in Sept. We are on the wait list for the concierge. MS says the club level goes very quickly.