PDA

View Full Version : 10 Funniest Things Heard at Disney

BAMABOY
03-31-2011, 01:36 PM
This has been posted before but it is one of my favorites.
When standing in line for a ride or while sitting down to eat we have all overheard other peoples conversations. Have you ever heard anything that made you laugh :funny: or made you shake your head :shake: or just say "what are they thinking". :huh: Here are a few of my favorites.

10. While standing on main Street waiting for Wishes I over heard a man say, "Look, now it's blue, now it's yellow! How in the world do they make that castle change colors like that?"

9. " Stop that or when we get home I'm going to sell all your toys" ~ Father at son who was swinging on the ropes at the boat dock at Wilderness Lodge

8 " Okay guys who wants to go Pooh ? " ~ Mom asking her family walking in front of the Many Adventures of WtP

7. " Why do they even show the movie ? No one is staying" ~ Child walking through theater after Maelstrom.

6 "Can Tinkerbell fly without being attached to that wire ?" ~ Child asking mother after wishes

5 " That really IS the wildest ride in the wilderness" Child after BTMR

4. " Daddy why is Jungle Cruise closed? Because you weren't good in the car. ~ Dad at daughter in Adventureland.

3. " SLOW DOWN GRANDMA " ~ Child at grandma who was speeding away on her electric wheel chair.

2. " Behave or I will tell Mickey that your friends with Jafar" Dad at younger son.

1. " Daddy they're sure are a lot of fat people at Disney" ~ Son to dad while walking around tomorrowland.

Scar
03-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Guest at any resort bus stop...

"Which bus goes to DisneyWorld?"

sassafras
03-31-2011, 02:13 PM
How about "What time is the 3 o'clock parade?"!:D

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-31-2011, 02:26 PM
We're not doing all the parks, just Disney World.....(I assume they are refering to MK)

IloveJack
03-31-2011, 02:43 PM
2. " Behave or I will tell Mickey that your friends with Jafar" Dad at younger son.

Bahahaha! I'm going to have to remember that one.

Not so much AT the World, but I hear this one often...
"Disney World isn't worth the time."
"Have you ever been?"
"No, but I've been to Disneyland a lot."

midlifemagic
03-31-2011, 03:04 PM
On an extremely crowded day at HS mid-morning, "Do you want try that Toy Story Mania attraction?"

Dulcee
03-31-2011, 03:40 PM
7. " Why do they even show the movie ? No one is staying" ~ Child walking through theater after Maelstrom.

:blush:

Oh did this make me giggle. We always skip on the movie. My fiance tried to make me sit through it the first time he went and I still refused. :secret:

Ed
03-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Guest talking to security officer on the parking lot at TTC...

"I can't find my rental car. It's a small white car with a Florida license tag."

Well, now... that certainly narrows it down. :shrug:

floridamom
03-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Man to his wife in Soarin' standby line: "That line there is for all those people who paid extra for Fastpasses."

WRWDisney
03-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Just heard this one today during a ride stoppage while on the Tower of Terror, "attention Hollywood Hotel guests, please put your clothes back on". The ride remained stopped for a few more moments and then continued on. They then let everyone on our "elevator" re-ride.

Had us rofl :rotfl:

Jared
03-31-2011, 05:01 PM
4. " Daddy why is Jungle Cruise closed? Because you weren't good in the car. ~ Dad at daughter in Adventureland.This one made me giggle. Great parenting there.

Zawadi
03-31-2011, 05:10 PM
Whilst watching the Headless Horseman prior to the Halloween Parade...

My niece to her Mum: Is that a real horse?

Mum (keeping a poker face): No! It's off the Carousel!

artyboy
03-31-2011, 05:56 PM
Little girl in a princess outfit exiting the monorail at Epcot: "YOU LEFT IT ON BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN????"

Mother's response: "Honey, I barely got Grandma off the ride."

We still say this on every trip!

McLiberal8
03-31-2011, 06:28 PM
I always hear people say things like 'Okay, were doing Disneyland today, then Epcot tomorrow, right? And then the zoo place on the last day?'

It takes all I have not to nerd out and correct them.. :secret:

faline
03-31-2011, 06:35 PM

"I can't find my rental car. It's a small white car with a Florida license tag."

Isn't that every rental car in Florida??!! :D

Jared
03-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Mine was gold last weekend! ;)

Disney4us2
03-31-2011, 08:11 PM
I heard this while I was waiting (in the exit-h/c entrance) for Peter Pan at Disneyland. A couple of seniors were getting off saying "This is like Space Mountan for old people". Cracked me up.

tundramom
03-31-2011, 10:06 PM
While sitting at AK at dusk one night- dad to other adult male " They have to go to the bathroom again, they're little urinating machines" DD still crack up over this one.

r4kids
04-01-2011, 10:01 AM
#7 could be any of my 4 kids. We haven't stayed and watched the movie in years!!

lovinmesomedisney
04-01-2011, 12:09 PM
At security bag check at Epcot....A man asked what they were looking for in his bag. Security told him, "We heard there is a mouse loose, we're looking for him!"

BWayGrl
04-01-2011, 12:36 PM
This might be a "you had to be there" kind of thing, but oh well. I think this happened during the film at the Magic of Disney Animation attraction in HS...there was a little girl sitting in front of me who had to be only 3 years old or so. As they're showing clips from a bunch of Disney movies, the girl is shouting out the characters: "There's Ariel! Ooh, that's Belle! Peter Pan!" Then they show a clip from Fantasia with all of the centaurs. The little girl got silent and just said, "Oh my."

Something about the way she said it made me lose it and just start cracking up! Then my mom started laughing because I was laughing, and the woman next to me started laughing at us laughing! My mom and I still talk about this incident.

Gregandmel
04-01-2011, 01:05 PM
"Not now kids......Mommy needs some aspirin and a nap".... as said by a mom holding hands with her 2 small kids who just got off the boat at WL heading back to her room at the resort around 3pm. LOL

MOJoe
04-01-2011, 01:10 PM
At security bag check at Epcot....A man asked what they were looking for in his bag. Security told him, "We heard there is a mouse loose, we're looking for him!"

Along that same line, my wife asked the security guards checking bags at the Studios, "What are you checking for?" The deadpan response. "Mouse Traps." We still laugh about that one.

Mitzie
04-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Keep them coming...those just made me laugh! I wish I had one to share...

Totodog
04-01-2011, 02:59 PM
I was once at The Living Seas attraction watching all the fish in the big aquarium. There were two little boys were sitting in front of me, noses pressed to the glass, basically. One was speaking rather excitedly to the other but I had no idea what they were saying because it was all in Spanish....UNTIL...i heard...dun dun dun dun dun....quite distinctly the Jaws theme.

McLiberal8
04-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I love the security guards that check the bags at the parks. They have always been more than friendly, and quick witted, everytime I go!
One of the many things to love.. :)

White Rose
04-01-2011, 10:54 PM
This might be a "you had to be there" kind of thing, but oh well. I think this happened during the film at the Magic of Disney Animation attraction in HS...there was a little girl sitting in front of me who had to be only 3 years old or so. As they're showing clips from a bunch of Disney movies, the girl is shouting out the characters: "There's Ariel! Ooh, that's Belle! Peter Pan!" Then they show a clip from Fantasia with all of the centaurs. The little girl got silent and just said, "Oh my."

I don't think that was just a "you had to be there" moment because I definitely just lost it imagining the reaction of that little girl. :funny:

Thanks for sharing!

CanadaLovesDisney
04-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Our family still laughs about the time we were waiting for a bus to go to mickeys not so scary halloween party and a woman who was absolutely STARING at my dads t-shirt ot caught glaring at it and in an effort to excuse her staring decided to blurt out awkwardly " that's a really original ...vintage... Ummm unique shirt you have there" and ran onto the bus. Dad was wearing our home made skull-halloween Mickey Tshirt. It truly was awful looking because one ear didn't press on right so she was probably looking at it in horror.

Also funny was when a woman tried to cut everyone and board the bus from the backdoors instead of wait to board at the front of the bus like everyone else. She got her butt stuck and the doors closed on her. She came off the bus saying "stupid bus shouldn't have doors back there if you can't even get in"!!! All in line were dying laughing!

Jim&AngieMarriner
04-01-2011, 11:35 PM

I heard something very similar a few years ago. "we are checking for mice Sir. Two of them got in back in 71 and the prices for everything went up. Just trying to keep the prices down by keeping other mice out."

iwannagotodisneyworld
04-02-2011, 12:04 AM
My husband and I boarded the car to go through Snow White's Scary Adventures. In the car in front of us was a young boy of about 5 or 6 years of age. Mother dear had obviously cajoled and smooth talked the young man into riding. She had her way, the boy went on the ride. However, he had his hands over his eyes the entire time and kept saying, "I'm having fun, Mom, I'm not scared. I'm having fun!" We couldn't help laughing through the whole ride! :funny:

ransam
04-02-2011, 02:52 AM
two of them, one i have told on here before, but it's still funny. the other one i haven't.

1. while in the ride for the Pirates ride a couple college age boys are in front of us talking to their dates...i hear them explain how it was soo cool that Walt designed so many rides after his movies. then one of the girls said that POC was her favorite ride, and she wondered how old it was. and one of the guys, in all seriousness said "well it can't be that old, the movie just came out about 7 years ago". it was hard to not start laughing out loud then.

2. many years ago there was a show, don't remember if it was live action, or a movie. but at the end Mickey said "That's all folks, see you soon"....and the theatre was kind of quiet and my little sister yelled out "BYE MICKEY"...it was so cute.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-03-2011, 08:45 PM
My sisters and I still use this line. I was standing in front of the Emporium on Main St to get out of the afternoon thunderstorm. This lady kept ramming my shins with her stroller. When I said "do you mind"? She said "what, do you think I have eyes in the front of my head"? I replied that this is where most people keep them! And mind you, at the time she was FACING me!

snowflakegirl
04-04-2011, 11:57 AM
These are great! And just what I needed to perk up a not so great day at work.

I have a couple:
1. This might have been a had to be ther moment, but a couple of years ago I was boarding the tram waiting to head to the TTC from the parking lot when the driver called for no more boarding. People were rushing through the lot and running past the waiting spot to try to jump onto the tram becuase they just couldn't wait for the next one. The driver repeated himself a few times about no more boarding and then finally finished with "Yes, this is not a recording folks, this is a real live person watching you continue to board after I have already called for no more boarding." The people who had been about to run through the waiting spot and jump into the empty spot next to me stopped dead in their tracks and looked around very confused.

2. We were on the Jungle Cruise and there was a family with a couple of small children sitting in front of us while we were waiting to take off on our trip. There was a duck siting right next to us on the little dock to left side of the boat. The parents of the two small kids were trying desperately to point out the ducks to the kids who were way more interested in looking around at everything else. The skipper finally leaned forward and said "we spent millions of dollars on a complete entertainment complex and you show him the DUCK?" the way he delivered it was just priceless. Every time we saw ducks the rest of the trip, both of us burst out laughing...particularly in AK when we were actually SUPPOSED to be looking at some of those ducks.

3. Said by a father practicaly dragging his daughter through the park while she wanted to stop and look at things..."We came here to have fun and you're going to enjoy yourself even if it kills you, we're not wasting any time standing in those lines." (it seemed like he was referring to one of the character lines) Later in the week we ran into the same family. The daughter was now tugging a very exhausted looking father's hand as they headed towards the carosel..."Why don't we sit here for a few minutes and then we'll keep going" "But daddy, you said we're supposed to be having FUN!"

and my personal favorite:
4. Riding back on the bus at the end of the night, a tired, cranky little one was crying and fussing with her parents. The little girl sitting next to me was watching her with a very earnest expression on her face. She finally turned to her father and said "Daddy...doesn't she know there's no crying in Disney World? It's the happiest place on Earth!"

Aurora
04-04-2011, 01:28 PM
I am laughing so hard tears are running down my face and I have to leave my house so now I have to re-do my makeup!

I am definitely saving these for a blue day!!

Park Hopper
04-04-2011, 04:06 PM
This could either be sad or funny, depending upon how you look at it.

I was wearing my Dunder Mifflin shirt that my wife had purchased for me from the NBC shop. A woman, who was completely serious, said to me, "Are you from Scranton, PA?"

I was not sure how to answer. Again, the woman was completely serious at the time and showed no hint of humor.

AXOAlum
04-04-2011, 07:37 PM
I love the security guards that check the bags at the parks. They have always been more than friendly, and quick witted, everytime I go!

We usually get the wise-guys too - they crack me up. When DS was small, I packed small ziplocks of powdered formula to mix in the park - at security, the guard held one up (there were a few) and said "ma'am - something you need to tell me?" with this big grin - it was too funny.

Another time one started pulling out our packed sandwiches and I said "what are you doing?" since they never take stuff out - he replied without missing a beat "forgot my lunch today and these look good!"

Most recently, however, I had to seriously convince the guard that my can of Cheerwine (shout-out to NC Intercotees!) was in fact a soda and NOT an alcoholic beverage! I really thought he was going to take it from me!

Funny thing my DS said either our last trip or trip before (so he was 6 or 7) - someone on Main Street shouted "WOW - it's Cinderella's Castle!" to which DS had to reply "No... it is Cinderella Castle - the name is not possessive tense!" ROFLMBO - okay, maybe my grammar lessons and Disney addiction have created a monster! :mickey:

Scott C
04-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Here's one for you old timers:

Summer of 73 my sister was 4 at the time. We were on Flight To the Moon. Right after lift off - she stands up and yells that her chair is broken.
The crowd erupted with laughter.

You had to go on that attraction to remember what she was talking about.

Thanks
Scott C

KatieDuck22
04-05-2011, 01:51 PM
I always hear people say things like 'Okay, were doing Disneyland today, then Epcot tomorrow, right? And then the zoo place on the last day?'

It takes all I have not to nerd out and correct them.. :secret:

haha my gymnastics coach came home from his trip and announced he wasn't impressed by the place with the animals in disney...what's it called sea world? "NO SEAWORLD ISN'T DISNEY"

JasonH
04-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Old timers Scott C?? Hey now....I'm only 33 years young and I remember goin on that ride several times throughout my life of vacations down there. But old timer, definitely not. :D

Scott C
04-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Old timers Scott C?? Hey now....I'm only 33 years young and I remember goin on that ride several times throughout my life of vacations down there. But old timer, definitely not. :D

No offense taken I hope -- it just seems sometimes that there is a age division between myself (47) and many here. BTW had a friend who used to teach school in Arnold just up the road from you.

Thanks
Scott C

twinboyz
04-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Wow! This is a great POST! I wish i had something to share, but these are awesome! :funny:

Narawen
04-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Most recently, however, I had to seriously convince the guard that my can of Cheerwine (shout-out to NC Intercotees!) was in fact a soda and NOT an alcoholic beverage! I really thought he was going to take it from me!

I knew they don't have Cheerwine up north, but really? Florida and they've never heard of it. That's so sad I might just take a case down to hand out next trip.

Mine's not as funny as some of these stories, but I distinctly remember when I was 5 seeing Tigger walk by and hearing a nearby dad say to his son "There's Tony the Tiger!" so excited.

AXOAlum
04-05-2011, 08:12 PM
I knew they don't have Cheerwine up north, but really? Florida and they've never heard of it. That's so sad I might just take a case down to hand out next trip.

I don't know about now, but we used to stop in Florence, SC on the way down to re-stock since that was the furthest south you could find it. I'm from Gastonia, so we had it bottled fresh in our backyard :thumbsup: :mickey:

ChipNDale79
04-06-2011, 08:17 AM
I don't know about now, but we used to stop in Florence, SC on the way down to re-stock since that was the furthest south you could find it. I'm from Gastonia, so we had it bottled fresh in our backyard :thumbsup: :mickey:

Id rather have my sun-drop with some cherry added to it. :mickey:

BandMan
04-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Okay, I know it's :offtopic: but I'll bite. What's Cheerwine?

Bethis26fan
04-06-2011, 02:34 PM
It's a Cherry soda.
Cheerwine has a very sweet cherry flavor, is burgundy-colored, and has an unusually high degree of carbonation compared to other soft drinks (wikipedia)

I sometimes forget that it's a southern thing. :)

AXOAlum
04-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Id rather have my sun-drop with some cherry added to it. :mickey:

Cherry Lemon Sundrop from a soda fountain (like the old lunch counters in a pharmacy) is very yummy :thumbsup:

Cheerwine is most definitely a southern thing - depending on how southern one is, you may hear it pronounced "Cherry-wine" - however one pronounces it, it is very good, but it must be consumed shortly after opening (it doesn't keep well).

Sorry to hijack the thread - I just thought it was funny that the guard seriously thought I was trying to get alcohol into the park! :mickey:

SignguyTom
04-07-2011, 01:30 AM
At Space Mountain: Disneyland, circa 1980-ish

CM: How many?
Us: 2
CM: 3
Us: Um...No...There are only 2 of us...?
CM: OK Will both of you please wait on number 3...? Please..?
Us: Oh. Sure. OK... :blush:

SignguyTom
04-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Frustrated mom hauling a screaming kid out of line at ToT: Geez...Disney is no place for children!"

azcavalier
04-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Cherry Lemon Sundrop from a soda fountain (like the old lunch counters in a pharmacy) is very yummy :thumbsup:

Cheerwine is most definitely a southern thing - depending on how southern one is, you may hear it pronounced "Cherry-wine" - however one pronounces it, it is very good, but it must be consumed shortly after opening (it doesn't keep well).

Sorry to hijack the thread - I just thought it was funny that the guard seriously thought I was trying to get alcohol into the park! :mickey:

Not true! I grew up in Virginia, and had never heard of it. First saw it in Illinois. My boss and some of the other ladies I worked with loved it. And you can't get much more Yankee than the home of U.S Grant.

GreatMarch
04-07-2011, 11:51 AM
I once heard parents on a bus ride back to BWR ask their son what his favorite ride on his 1st Disney trip was and he said, "the flight down here." When asked for his favorite Disney ride, "the waterslide". The things that kids enjoy. :mickey:

tiggerbuddy
04-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Does my "Park Hopper" ticket include Universal ?:mickey:

Thepeterpan
04-09-2011, 11:54 AM
@tiggerbuddy~ Universal is not included with the park hopper pass. The only parks that are included is AK, MK, HS, and EP. This also does not include the waterparks. Hopefully this helps! :mickey:

McLiberal8
04-09-2011, 12:23 PM
@tiggerbuddy~ Universal is not included with the park hopper pass. The only parks that are included is AK, MK, HS, and EP. This also does not include the waterparks. Hopefully this helps! :mickey:

Hehe - I think they were quoting one of the funniest things they have heard.. I don't think they were asking ;)

mook3y
04-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Maybe a had to be there moment:

We were at Turtle talk with crush. Our DS 8 and DD 6 were sitting on the floor in front. We were holding 14month old DS.

Our youngest was very into watching Crush and about half way through the show, he let out a loud squeal.

Not missing a beat, Crush turned towards us and said "Whoa... that little dude speaks Dolphin". :D

Another time we were on the bus headed for HS when our older two kids were 4 and 6, They started to sing the Mickey House Clubhouse song. about 3 seconds in, several other kids chimed in. By the end, most everyone on the bus was singing it. :thumbsup: was a great start to the day.

tiggerbuddy
04-10-2011, 12:22 AM
I know it doesn't ..That's why I thought it was funny...Apparently someone in line didnt know Universal was NOT part of Disney.

jonahbear2006
04-10-2011, 01:05 AM
We were standing in line in front of Magic Kingdom, waiting to enter for our Early Crystal Palace Reservation. The couple behind us was conversing about their breakfast. "Do you know where Chef Mickey's IS?"
"No, we will find it once we are inside of the park."
"Wasnt our reservation for 7:15am?"
"Yes"
"Its 7:45am, why havent they let us in yet?"
"I DONT KNOW. SHHH!"
LOL, well....I guess someone didnt really read their reservation and see that Chef Mickey's was at the contemporary, not Magic Kingdom. I didnt hear this story till after the fact, my DH heard it, Otherwise I would have told them. I asked him why he didnt and he said he wasnt interrupting that grouchiness and being the bearer of bad news. I would have told the poor people. I hate to see what happened once they found out.

Mfarquar
04-10-2011, 01:18 AM
Location: Manatee tank at the Living Seas, next to "Manatee" sign.

Little boy runs up to tank screaming, "Look Ma! Woolly Mammoths!"

Mother, "No honey, these are dolphins".

To make the situation more awkward, the "woolly mammoths" then started mating. My husband and I had to run away!

BellesRose
04-11-2011, 09:37 PM
This isn't so much funny as it was completely random. We got on a tram and the family in the front of us was 3 grandchildren with their grandparents. The grandma turns to her granddaughter (Probably 7?) and goes, "Does your mom use P&G?" and the girl was clueless and shrugged, so grandma replies, "Grandpa doesn't. He doesn't believe in soap. I use Dove. I don't know if that's P&G though. But P&G brainwashes people so Grandpa and Grandma don't use it" and the girl replies, "It's brainwashing?" and the grandmother looks at her and says, "Yes, and I bet your mother uses it. If she does, she is brainwashing you guys. I bet she does."

I was like :huh:

Meanwhile, grandpa is sitting there with his arms folded over his chest and a grumpy face, and the two other children are using bubble guns to blow bubbles in our face (Hundreds of them, actually).

tcswife
04-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Headed to the world in 17 days.......I will have my ears open to help everyone have a chuckle....I love this post!!!!:mickey:

LisaP
05-09-2011, 02:49 PM
I couldn't wait to get back and search for this thread, hoping I wouldn't forget the two funnies things I heard during our trip 2 weeks ago!

1) Exiting the Beauty and The Beast Live theater in Animal Kingdom, this little girl is gazing down at the hand prints in the concrete walkway as daddy is anxiously trying to drag her along. She says "Oh Daddy, who is that?" He says "Vanna White." She says, "who's that, Daddy?" He says, "I think she's related to Snow White." I had to turn around to see her little face and give a laugh!

2) DH and I were at Hollywood & Vine in DHS for character breakfast with my 2 DS, 5 and 2. 5yo LOVES Handy Manny and OSO. The place is not crowded at all, so the characters are lurking for the majority of our stay. OSO hangs out for a while, then strolls over to the next table. As he turns away from us, my DS5 says, "MOM! Guess what I just heard!!! Special Agent OSO just farted!" I wanted to slide under the table :blush:

disneymomma2010
05-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Lllll

Lol! Love it! So sounds like something I would do, unfortunely

BAMABOY
05-10-2011, 01:33 PM
ok, can't believe I just thought of this one. I was at WDW for 12 days once with two friends and a girl one of my friends was dating and she reeeeeeeealy :mad: got under my skin. I'll sum her up, big girl small cloths, not a pretty site:down:. On our first day she said she was hungry but did not eat processed meat. She saw the turkey legs and said that would have to do, I never said a word.:whistle: She finished and said "this bone feels plastic". I just smiled and said "did you really think they killed that many turkeys that were the exact same size?" She ran to the restroom and puked!:sick: I never told her that I wasn't sure if it was processed or not but I sure felt better for the rest of the day. :rotfl::woohoo::rotfl:

Jim&AngieMarriner
05-10-2011, 01:38 PM
"MOM! Guess what I just heard!!! Special Agent OSO just farted!" I wanted to slide under the table :blush:

That has got to be the funniest thing Ive read on here yet. I can just see a little kid doing that. And the poor CM, to get told on like that. LOL

DisneyGirl85
05-11-2011, 11:27 AM
My brothers girlfriend was in a bad mood and not smiling when we were at AK. As we were leaving a CM said to her "excuse me miss, I think you dropped your smile."

Ramblingman
05-11-2011, 02:32 PM

Along similar lines - when I was in the Navy and in uniform, people would start up a conversation and sooner or later it would take this curve -

"You're stationed in Norfolk? I have a (brother / cousin / neighbor's uncle's son's friend) who is in the Navy in Norfolk. His name is John and he has short hair and a mustache. Do you know him?"

I would always nod and say, "yeah, I think I know him."

Another time, we got on the bus from SOG. Two little boys kept looking at me. I should say that I have a beard and bear more than just a passing resemblence to Richad Karn who played Al on Home Improvement. Finally, one of the boys slowly approached me, and with a tiny voice, said, "Mister? Are...you...I mean..."

I just did the Al salute and said, "I don't think so, Tim." He shot back to his mom, yelling, "Mom! Mom! Guess WHAT?"

We got a good laugh out of that and the kids got a charge out of it.

flipadeeflop
06-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Once we were on the bus to Fort Wilderness and in the back of the bus it was just the 4 members of my family and this kid who had to be 14 just sitting by himself yelling "Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!" over and over and just hitting himself on the head. Then the SECOND the bus stopped at the campground he BOOKED it off of there, just running full speed, and we never saw him again.

MissMaryPoppins
06-19-2011, 08:57 PM
I was passing the exit to Tower of Terror and there was a recording telling people to come back. This little boy exiting the ride with his parents, shook his fist in the air and yelled "never you stupid jerk!".

I was at the pool at the Polynesian one afternoon and there was a big family group in the pool too. I noticed one of the men had a prosthetic leg which he removed, hopped toward the pool and jumped in. Once he came back up his little girl said "So daddy, do you feel 10 lbs lighter without your leg?". He laughed and told her he in did in fact feel lighter.

My family was having dinner at Chef Mickey's one night and we were seated near a family with 2 adorable little girls. Their parents took them around to choose their dinner and then brought them back to the table and settled them in. One of the girls took a spoonful of mashed potatoes and after trying it said "Mommy, you might want to put just a wee bit more butter on that next batch". We still laugh about that one.

andreallybadeggs
06-19-2011, 11:30 PM
On resort monorail just leaving MK, a young man pointed at Space Mountain and asked what it was. Not sure why but his friend replied "Oh, I believe there's a pub in there."

mludman
06-20-2011, 09:06 AM
My 4yr old son(huge Star Wars fan), on StarTours after the ride but before leaving the seats, really loud so everyone heard..."Are we still on Earth?"

Ramblingman
06-22-2011, 11:42 AM
These are some of the things that we overheard during our trip last month.

Leaving Magic Kingdom late one night we heard this exchange at the exit gate.
“Excuse me, how do we get back to the main parking lot?”
“The Monorail will take you right there.”
“Where’s the Monorail?”

While riding the bus to DHS, I spotted a boy of about 6 who had a tattoo transfer on his upper arm. I made a big deal about it, saying how brave he must have been to have a tattoo put on, and that I could never stand all that pain. He looked real puzzled while his parents just chuckled. Finally as we were getting off the bus, I heard him say, “he thought it was a real tattoo!”

Sitting at one of the tables in France, we were discussing the other countries, specifically Canada. While weighing the pros and cons of stopping there or skipping it, the man at the next table said, “or you could just come visit us.”

Leaving Epcot after Illuminations, my 20 year old daughter approached a CM and asked to trade pins with him. He got a forlorn look and replied, "I'm sorry, we're not allowed to trade pins after 9." She almost walked away before he broke out in a grin and gave it away that it was a joke.

In a store, the young man behind the counter was waiting on a customer who was wearing a Tampa Bay Lightning shirt. Tampa had just won two nights before, forcing game 7 to be played that night in Boston. Seeing the shirt, the young man asked, "So, are you going to game 7 tonight?"

MissMaryPoppins
06-22-2011, 12:26 PM
I remembered some more:

We saw a family on a surrey bike at the Boardwalk and they had 2 small kids sitting in the front basket part. The little girl reached over to ring the bell and the little boy turned red, grabbed the string and screamed "I GET TO BE THE BELL RINGER!!".

A little girl sitting behind me on Tower of Terror turned to her little friend at the end and said "my fanny went way up in the air, did yours too?".

TinkerbellFan16
06-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Back when HS was still MGM, we were on a bus to MGM. The driver was very cool and funny. And he said the following:

"So do you guys know what MGM stands for?"
~few responses from passengers~
"NOPE! It stands for Mickey Gotcha Money!":rotfl:

The adults were all cracking up, while the children looked confused

syndrome
06-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Here a couple of my favorites:
--one morning as we were waiting for the "rope drop" at Epcot my DS asks if we were going to head over to TT to get fast passes and then head over to Soarin'. I told him that was our plan. A little boy over heard us and asked his dad if they too, were going to get FP.....to which the dad replied...."No son, we do not need FP b/c as more and more people get FP then the FP line will be longer than the regular line". I love it!
--as we headed back to our car on the tram in the Epcot lot one night the CM told everyone that they were on the "fastest ride in Epcot"....he had lots of people saying what about TT....he said b/c it breaks down all the time that "average" speed makes the tram faster. Classic response!

lighteningqueen
06-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Our first time ever to WDW our grandson was just 4 we went to Lights Motor Action and when toward the end the motorcycle guy lands in the water that is on fire, My grandson looked at us and said" Is he pending grandmama" everyone busted out laughing behind us. It really did make sense is he dead is he not or just pending...

ValenciaCalling
06-24-2011, 11:53 AM
My friend and I were at the Laugh Floor, and as most of you know, someone in the audience is picked and put up on the screen and a cast member with a microphone goes over to them so the monster on the screen can hear them. Well, the lady was so surprised that she was picked that she looks up at the screen and yells "Oh, Shhhiii...." and before she can get the whole word out, the cast member yanks the microphone away and everyone is so stunned that it's silent for a couple seconds. After a short pause, the monster doing the stand up routine goes "Wow...we almost lost our PG rating there!" I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard.

ValenciaCalling
06-24-2011, 11:58 AM
I also used to love when people would ask me how to get to Disney World from the Studios...and where Jaws was...and where Twister was...lol

White Rose
06-24-2011, 12:00 PM
My friend and I were at the Laugh Floor, and as most of you know, someone in the audience is picked and put up on the screen and a cast member with a microphone goes over to them so the monster on the screen can hear them. Well, the lady was so surprised that she was picked that she looks up at the screen and yells "Oh, Shhhiii...." and before she can get the whole word out, the cast member yanks the microphone away and everyone is so stunned that it's silent for a couple seconds. After a short pause, the monster doing the stand up routine goes "Wow...we almost lost our PG rating there!" I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard.

I laughed really hard at this. I absolutely adored the Laugh Floor and the monster who saved the day with that line must be fabulous!

WDW&MK
06-24-2011, 01:06 PM
We were at Turtle Talk with Crush. Crush asked one of the little children what his favorite food is and he said "Fish". Crush got wide-eyed and said "Fish are Friends NOT food". The little guy looked very confused but all of the adults laughed.

MongoMil
06-24-2011, 01:12 PM
One time on the tram to get to our car at MK the driver told people not to get off before we stopped. Well some people hopped off a little early. So on the next stop he came out and said pretty loudly "You know when we are stopped when we are moving the same speed as the pavement."

laprana
06-24-2011, 02:50 PM
My all time favorite (so far): We were staying at Kidani in 2009 and I was sitting out on the balcony just watching the animals on the savanna. Among the animals out was an ostrich that was very close to the edge of the savanna by our room. The movie "Up" had just come out a little while before and we happened to see it while we were in WDW that trip. Anyway, as I'm sitting on the balcony I hear the door slide open to a balcony a few rooms down from ours and I looked in that direction to see an older man and a little boy, probably about 4 or 5 years old, come out to look at the animals. As soon as the little boy spotted the ostrich, he shouts, "Grandpa, LOOK! It's KEVIN!!" I guess he had seen "Up" recently, too! :D

Zawadi
06-24-2011, 05:01 PM

I'm really enjoying this thread and even though there have been some fantastic stories this is definitely my favourite so far :mickey:

pianobabe
06-25-2011, 09:51 AM
As my 3 year old nephew was getting off ToT last year he said, "I want to ride the ride with all the big drops".

hauntedmansiongirl
06-25-2011, 03:38 PM
This is a great thread!

We were on a late bus back from MK post evening EMH and everyone was exhausted and ready for quiet. Well, almost everyone.... There was a Grandma (sitting in the very back) and a Mom and 4 year old boy sitting about halfway up. The whole ride back they took turns screaming at eachother, "my favourite was... what was your favourite." They each had about 15 favourites and we could tell that many people were getting annoyed. Thankfully, they got off at the first bus stop at POFQ and we continued on to POR. As soon as they got off, my DH said "my favourite was when THEY got off the bus!" We all howled! :mickey:

DisneyMom12
06-25-2011, 07:01 PM
This is a great thread!

We were on a late bus back from MK post evening EMH and everyone was exhausted and ready for quiet. Well, almost everyone.... There was a Grandma (sitting in the very back) and a Mom and 4 year old boy sitting about halfway up. The whole ride back they took turns screaming at eachother, "my favourite was... what was your favourite." They each had about 15 favourites and we could tell that many people were getting annoyed. Thankfully, they got off at the first bus stop at POFQ and we continued on to POR. As soon as they got off, my DH said "my favourite was when THEY got off the bus!" We all howled! :mickey:

:funny:

RhodeHog
07-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Some friends came out of ToT and passed by a guy in an old T-shirt telling his family, "I ain't gonna ride no up down drop drop."

NewDVCowner
08-29-2011, 12:12 PM
I was at Disneyland this weekend and needed to revive this thread to share this.

I was waiting outside the bathrooms in Fantasyland and a little (2 of 3 year old) girl comes out of the bathroom with her grandmother (I'm assuming). The grandmother is saying 'there's no reason to be scared. All the bathrooms here are going to make that noise.'

Apparently the automatic flush is too much for some people. :mickey:

IamBelle
08-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Just came back from WDW and I heard one of the funniest jokes from a Jungle Cruise skipper. We were going past the elephants and he said, "Remember folks, all the animals here are fake, they are animatronics...like the Country Bears or the Hall of Presidents...or the cast members from guest services." He said this so quickly and the mike wasn't working very well, and not everyone heard it, but I am glad I did! It caught me off guard and actually made me laugh!!

civilmousefan
08-31-2011, 05:30 PM
I have two - both shopping related:

I was standing inside the entrance of the All Stars Sports main building when a young girl excited about her arrival said to her family as she walked in "Look - they have a store!"

The second was a husband talking to his wife after leaving the Christmas gift shop in HS - "unfortunately everything in there has Disney on it."

MissMaryPoppins
09-01-2011, 05:38 PM
I wasn't there when this happened but it became a big family joke. We're from NJ and our whole family was in Disney recently. One of my uncles took his 3 kids and another cousin to the studios for the day. Before they left they stopped to pick up some candy to take back to our resort. The kids were pointing out all the candy they wouldn't be able to easily find at home when my 11 yr old cousin picks up a bag of salt water taffy and says. " look, you can't find this in Jersey." No one is really sure if he was joking or not.

Joy

Renfairwedding
09-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Jungle Cruise: CM to a young kid questioning if the ducks were real. CM’s response was the ducks were the best Disney animatronics ever made. The Kid said :”they sure look real”

On the Pirates of the Caribbean during the MHSSHP: As the boat full of little Princesses and pirates left the dock. The boat broke out in song… “Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life For Me”

BigRedDad
09-02-2011, 08:24 AM
"Hey!!! We just got this insert item free!!!"

Nothing is free at WDW. Everything has already been paid for multiple times over. All that was done is receiving something you did not have to pay for.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
09-02-2011, 08:53 AM
My daughter and I love this thread. We already have plans to write down any "gems" we overhear on our trip.

22ridesandtheTOL
09-04-2011, 12:35 PM
This is a delightful thread! Here's two of my favorites:

1) Riding the old Star Tours and as the comet approached a little kid in the front row screamed "Oh my god, we're all going to die!!!!" at the top of his lungs. Everyone in the cabin laughed for the rest of the ride.

2) A friend of mine was visiting with me and as we approached the section of Asia in the Animal Kingdom where the Gibbons are. She watched them for a bit then said to the attending Cast Member "Wow, the annamatronics are amazing!"

The Cast Member and I lost it laughing. Of course, I've never let her forget this moment.

Joannelet
09-04-2011, 12:55 PM
In May we were in the Butterfly pavilion during the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. As we were walking through I heard a father tell his daughter "Alright, let's find a cast member and tell them you found a dead butterfly and then get out of here to go eat some lunch." So they started walking together and the little girl had the poor butterfly in her hands. The Dad says to the girl as they are walking, "I think he died because one of his wings fell off." The girl replied..."Daddy it's not just his wing!!! He has no antenae's and no head!!! I think that is what killed him!" The father looked at me and we both started laughing. :)

steph436
09-05-2011, 07:18 PM
:blush:My DH and I took our 3 yr old to the Beauty and the Beast show at HS. We were at the part when Belle says she want to go home. The was a dramatic pause in the plan. My 3yo chose this moment to stand up and yell "LET BELLE GO HOME.! The whole crowd was rolling!

MissMaryPoppins
09-06-2011, 01:21 AM
:blush:My DH and I took our 3 yr old to the Beauty and the Beast show at HS. We were at the part when Belle says she want to go home. The was a dramatic pause in the plan. My 3yo chose this moment to stand up and yell "LET BELLE GO HOME.! The whole crowd was rolling!

That's adorable! I saw "Beauty and the Beast" on Broadway and the theater was filled with amazingly well behaved children. During a scene when the beast tells Belle she must join him for dinner we heard a little voice on the other aisle yell "YEAH!" Everyone laughed, it was so cute to see all the kids so wrapped up in the show.

celebrationasheley
09-08-2011, 12:19 AM
This father in front of my hubby and I had his daughter on his shoulders. The preshow had ended with just about 4 fireworks at the sides of the castle. Dad started getting daughter off his shoulders and said "Well that was a jip"
After we had a good chuckle, I informed the father "that wasn't wishes." Father put daughter back on shoulders.

minnie04
09-08-2011, 08:46 AM
snowflakegirl
3. Said by a father practicaly dragging his daughter through the park while she wanted to stop and look at things..."We came here to have fun and you're going to enjoy yourself even if it kills you, we're not wasting any time standing in those lines." (it seemed like he was referring to one of the character lines) Later in the week we ran into the same family. The daughter was now tugging a very exhausted looking father's hand as they headed towards the carosel..."Why don't we sit here for a few minutes and then we'll keep going" "But daddy, you said we're supposed to be having FUN!"

Too funny, I have heard that a lot in the parks . I have heard parents say "We are here to have FUN, now stop acting like that " Darn it !! (in other words) MY favorite would have to be " If you keep acting like that we are going home " YEAH RIGHT!!! You know there is no way you just spent all that money and you are going to leave the park...lol.. it cracks me up:rotfl::rotfl:, because the kids know darn well they arent leaving and they just keep doing what they are doing..

MickeyFan1998
09-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Okay, this is pretty bad because I'll be telling on myself, but looking back on it, it's hilarious! Although I didn't think so then... :mickey:

Getting ready to ride RnRC with DD-13 for the dirst time (my first, not hers), we stopped to watch the ride take off before we loaded. I freaked out (don't like roller coasters at all!), but she managed to talk me into riding it. I wear dentures, but don't always use Fixodent to hold my bottom teeth in. After I get buckled into the ride, I slipped my bottom teeth into my pocket (I was trying to be discreet about it). She, however, noticed it and goes, "Oh my Lord, you did NOT just put your teeth in your pocket!" My face turned red, and I whispered back, "Well, I don't want to lose them on this ride and have to go without teeth for the rest of the week!" The people that were waiting to load heard all of this exchange and busted out laughing! She still has not let me live this one down... :rotfl:

disneydrmr
09-13-2011, 03:59 PM
I was at Disneyland this weekend and needed to revive this thread to share this.

I was waiting outside the bathrooms in Fantasyland and a little (2 of 3 year old) girl comes out of the bathroom with her grandmother (I'm assuming). The grandmother is saying 'there's no reason to be scared. All the bathrooms here are going to make that noise.'

Apparently the automatic flush is too much for some people. :mickey:

All of these have made me laugh.. but this one really got me going.. it may be a 'you had to be there moment' but last time i was at Disneyland we stopped to use the ladies room and the toilet I chose would not stop with the automatic flushing. It was like it was trying to **** me down. It's been a joke with my friend and sister to this day. In fact, we are going back to Disneyland in 36 days and we have already started the jokes about the 'man eating toilets' that are there.

JHeber1011
09-13-2011, 06:35 PM
On our trip last fall my father and step mother joined us for the week. It was my step mother's first trip to Disney. During Mickey's PhilharMagic she kept yelling at my father "Your not looking. Why aren't you looking?" When we got out of the movie she asked him why he wasn't looking at the 3D effects that were RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER. She thought she had the "special seat". She didn't realize the effects were right in front of each of us. Still tease her to this day.

mudpuppysmom
09-13-2011, 10:46 PM
I've asked friends who have just returned home....how was the trip and which park did you like best?

The trip was exhausting you walk everywhere. We liked Disney World park the best.

Then I asked again, which park did you like the best?

Response: DISNEY WORLD I told you that already.

cer
09-13-2011, 11:16 PM
On our trip last fall my father and step mother joined us for the week. It was my step mother's first trip to Disney. During Mickey's PhilharMagic she kept yelling at my father "Your not looking. Why aren't you looking?" When we got out of the movie she asked him why he wasn't looking at the 3D effects that were RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER. She thought she had the "special seat". She didn't realize the effects were right in front of each of us. Still tease her to this day.

:welcome: to Intercot!

That's a great story.

dizneydeb22
09-14-2011, 04:05 PM
I don't know if this counts, because it happened at home after our trip. My niece was speaking to a customer about her recent trip. They were amazed that we were all at the Pop Century at the same time. When my niece asked her if she enjoyed her trip. SHe said yes all except for one night on the way back to the hotel, on the bus from EPCOT a bunch of idiots started singing YMCA and got almost the entire bus singing also. She said it was almost midnight and her daughter was trying to sleep! Well... we were those idiots! My husband started it(it was playing on the bus already) and then almost everyone joined in! IMO, if it's too late for your daughter to be up, then you should have left the park earlier! We had a ball! ...:sing::oops::mickey3: btw, mys niece didn't say a word!! She just smiled and said, "aw that's too bad."

Mfarquar
09-14-2011, 04:35 PM
I don't know if this counts, because it happened at home after our trip. My niece was speaking to a customer about her recent trip. They were amazed that we were all at the Pop Century at the same time. When my niece asked her if she enjoyed her trip. SHe said yes all except for one night on the way back to the hotel, on the bus from EPCOT a bunch of idiots started singing YMCA and got almost the entire bus singing also. She said it was almost midnight and her daughter was trying to sleep! Well... we were those idiots! My husband started it(it was playing on the bus already) and then almost everyone joined in! IMO, if it's too late for your daughter to be up, then you should have left the park earlier! We had a ball! ...:sing::oops::mickey3: btw, mys niece didn't say a word!! She just smiled and said, "aw that's too bad."

That's HYSTERICAL! Personally, I love random outbursts of song - I would have joined in! Too funny!

MissMaryPoppins
09-16-2011, 02:42 PM
I would have joined in the singing too! I love when people do stuff like that on the buses. One night my family and I were waiting for our resort bus from EPCOT and we were in a giddy, silly mood (probably too much beverage sampling) and my dad started saying "Norm!" like they did on Cheers. I don't even remember why he was doing it but a family near us joined in and pretty soon most of the line had joined in or were laughing. There was a couple near us who stared at my father the whole time, not looking amused. When you're in Disney World you have to make the most of your days, even it means making a fool of yourself at the bus stop!

dizneydeb22
09-16-2011, 04:07 PM
I would have joined in the singing too! I love when people do stuff like that on the buses. One night my family and I were waiting for our resort bus from EPCOT and we were in a giddy, silly mood (probably too much beverage sampling) and my dad started saying "Norm!" like they did on Cheers. I don't even remember why he was doing it but a family near us joined in and pretty soon most of the line had joined in or were laughing. There was a couple near us who stared at my father the whole time, not looking amused. When you're in Disney World you have to make the most of your days, even it means making a fool of yourself at the bus stop!

I completely agree! The funny thing is we had just completed the DAWS! We were all feeling giddy as well! We weren't drunk, we all shared drinks, be we felt happy enough to break out in song and not feel the least bit embarrassed!!:beer:

lighteningqueen
09-16-2011, 06:50 PM
A either she did think you father was having a breakdown or
B she could have been a foreigner and didn't even know what was going on
C Hated the whole Disney thing..

In 2008 we were in WDW in Dec and on the bus back from DTD.. this kid had 4 huge sacks with the most expensive Lego sets in it next to us. The men across from him kept asking them questions they just laughed and nodded never saying a thing this went on for about 20 minutes. The dad looked at his son and we heard him say something in a foreign language and I just let that other man and his partner go on for about another 5 minutes. Till I was done with that. I told him Sir they have not a clue what you are saying they are not english speaking... he turned red and told his partner, well I just wasted a ton of breath..

Disney Hungarian
09-16-2011, 08:15 PM
May be a you had to be there moment.
2005 at the All-Star Sports. My wife (now ex) was at the pool and wanted a cocktail. I went up to Team Spirits and while waiting to order (the bartender was standing right in front of me and had acknowledged that I would be next.) Two men sitting at the bar were in a rather "good" mood. Probably conventioners. Well, I do try to mind my own business. They were just a little loud and slurring a tad and I couldn't help myself. Neither could the bartender. One of them said, "I hate planes." The other without missing a beat and in a serious tone said, "Well, it's the safest way to fly." It was all I could do to not bust out laughing. The bartender had a towel over his face. I wish I had one. I got the drink and spilled half of it on the way back to the other side of the pool laughing so hard. It took me quite awhile to regain my composure to explain my laughing fit. I still have to say "Well, it's the safest way to fly" in my best Goofy impersonation whenever someone says the word plane.

MissMaryPoppins
09-17-2011, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=lighteningqueen;2208603]A either she did think you father was having a breakdown or
B she could have been a foreigner and didn't even know what was going on
C Hated the whole Disney thing..

So true! Haha! The breakdown part makes the most sense. My father tends to act like he just escaped a padded room!

IamaDisneyFan
09-17-2011, 04:37 PM
8 " Okay guys who wants to go Pooh ? " ~ Mom asking her family walking in front of the Many Adventures of WtP

That might have been me that you heard. I have said this to my kids, knowing exactly how it sounded. :mickey:

IamaDisneyFan
02-17-2012, 09:49 PM
Heard yesterday at Blizzard Beach while floating along the lazy river and getting close to one of the water spraying features:

"I don't want to get wet again!"

:swim:

Butters
02-18-2012, 08:15 AM
A couple of days ago at AK we were walking through the fast pass line at the safari, when we passed a family the guy looks at us and says " look those are the people that have more money than us"

I kept on walking laughing to myself that the guy decided to be bitter rather than ask how to use the free feature...

Now every time I see people in the fast pass line I think they have more money than me :mickey:

Mrs Bus Driver
02-18-2012, 10:04 AM

Was reading this last night and didn't get it, until someone reposted it.:funny: :funny:lol:mickey:

Mrs Bus Driver
02-18-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't know if this counts, because it happened at home after our trip. My niece was speaking to a customer about her recent trip. They were amazed that we were all at the Pop Century at the same time. When my niece asked her if she enjoyed her trip. SHe said yes all except for one night on the way back to the hotel, on the bus from EPCOT a bunch of idiots started singing YMCA and got almost the entire bus singing also. She said it was almost midnight and her daughter was trying to sleep! Well... we were those idiots! My husband started it(it was playing on the bus already) and then almost everyone joined in! IMO, if it's too late for your daughter to be up, then you should have left the park earlier! We had a ball! ...:sing::oops::mickey3: btw, mys niece didn't say a word!! She just smiled and said, "aw that's too bad." terrible and funny and I would have been singing with you.:D

DawsonAR
02-18-2012, 07:32 PM
While riding Tower, a Mom told her son (about 7) if he didn't like it, he wouldnt have to do it again.
The whole ride he screamed at the top of his lungs I DON'T LIKE IT! I DON'T LIKE IT! I DONT LIKE IT!! I think he wanted to make sure his Mom understood he didn't like it!

MasterGracey
02-18-2012, 08:11 PM
I was sitting on a bench outside the toy shop in the uk pavilion. Two women came out of the door. They were about five feet from me when one turned to the other and said 'I want to visit europe but first I need to learn the language'

mommyprincess
02-19-2012, 03:13 PM
While staying at the Wilderness Lodge, my family and I were at the pool and as usual, there were ducks swimming around and a little girl was kinda getting a worried look on her face and her dad, without missing a beat says, "don't worry honey, they are donald ducks stunt doubles and are practicing for a swimming scene". I had to swim away so she wouldn't see me laughing:laughing:

comicguy
02-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Last summer we were waiting to catch the bus from the contemprary to DTD. A very excitied boy is pointing off in the distance and keeps saying "Dad what is that? What is that?" Finally the dad looks to what he is pointing at and says, "oh that is a chuch" The boy was pointing at the spires of Space Mountain :mickey:

comicguy
02-20-2012, 06:50 PM
One evening at studios, while waiting for the rest of our party to comeout of the bathroom, there was a couple of men having a conversation, I should also metion that both of these men were wearing Disney VIP passes, one man turns to the other and says, "I should just be kicked in the ba..s every month when the CC bill comes in, it would be easier than standing in all these lines"

It should be noted that the VIP badge gave him front of the line access, at least according badge that I saw hanging from his laynard.:confused:

I guess money and smarts are not always together!!!:thumbsup:

Niecyboo
02-20-2012, 09:38 PM
I love this thread, and have been racking my brains to think of a good story to share. Within the first couple of years of the POC refurb we were riding right behind a couple probably in their 70s. The wife was so excited about seeing Johnny Depp and as the boat pulled out she said something about how sexy she thinks he is. Her husband, in a very disapproving voice said "Ethel, watch what you say. This is a family park." She retorted. "Well, Johnny can be a part of MY family anytime." Maybe you had to have been there, but It was just so cute to see her so excited to see him.

Ed
02-20-2012, 11:38 PM
On a bus leaving one of the parks at the end of a long day, the driver made an announcement suggesting everybody sing a Disney song, and then added "We'll be at our first stop in about ten minutes, unless somebody starts singing 'It's A Small World', in which case we'll get there in about three hours."

~~~~~~~~~~~

At the TTC lot, the CM on the PA system of the tram advised everyone "When leaving the tram, please watch your head. If you forget to watch your head, at least watch your language."

~~~~~~~~~~~

:D

AmandaChan
02-24-2012, 04:56 PM
This thread is so old, I can't remember if I put my quote on here or not.

As we were walking by the Beauty and the Beast stage show we hear a gruffy older man say to his kids 'do yall wanna go see the beauty and the wolf man?'

DH and I thought it was cute.

Jillirose
02-26-2012, 10:16 AM
This isn't so much funny as it was completely random. We got on a tram and the family in the front of us was 3 grandchildren with their grandparents. The grandma turns to her granddaughter (Probably 7?) and goes, "Does your mom use P&G?" and the girl was clueless and shrugged, so grandma replies, "Grandpa doesn't. He doesn't believe in soap. I use Dove. I don't know if that's P&G though. But P&G brainwashes people so Grandpa and Grandma don't use it" and the girl replies, "It's brainwashing?" and the grandmother looks at her and says, "Yes, and I bet your mother uses it. If she does, she is brainwashing you guys. I bet she does."

I was like :huh:

Meanwhile, grandpa is sitting there with his arms folded over his chest and a grumpy face, and the two other children are using bubble guns to blow bubbles in our face (Hundreds of them, actually).

I can't stop laughing!!

Sylvia
02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Two funny stories -

1. Many years ago, befoe we started staying on property, we were at a hotel on International Drive. We were waiting for the hotel shuttle to WDW, and overheard a conversation between a man just checking in and the desk clerk. The guest said he was just staying for one day, and wanted directions to Disney World and Sea World, because he planned to go to both in the same day and figured it would only take 3-4 hours for each. We often wondered how long it took him to realize he had an impossible plan. To give cedit to the desk clerk, he never laughed - he gave the guest the information he wanted, but did mention that he might have enough time.

2. I'm one of those strange adults who actually includes Dumbo as a must-do on every trip. Many times I'm riding solo. A few years ago, once the attraction started, I heard a little girl, who was in the elephant behind me, ask her mother - "Mommy, why is that lady riding Dumbo by herself? Doesn't she know it's for children?" I still laugh every time I'm on Dumbo.

brarnold
02-27-2012, 10:52 AM
On my mom's first trip to WDW (she was 58 at the time), we were on the safari ride at AK. Toward the end of the ride, she leaned over and whispered to me, in all seriousness, "How do you suppose the poachers got IN here?"

mom2morgan
02-27-2012, 01:47 PM
We were watching Illuminations from the patio of the Rose and Crown - the wind was blowing just the wrong way, so we had ash raining down on us, and the finale seemed to go on an on - a couple of children started wailing in terror. Finally as it all ended, we heard a teenager beside us say "There's a fine line between a grand finale and an air raid!"

AJ Springfield
03-04-2012, 09:56 AM
sorry if this is gross...

We were standing in a mass of people- side by side-- waiting for Honey, We Shrunk the Audience in 2008 when my 6 year old daughter started counting. When she got to 13, she paused and looked up at me. I said "13???". She said, "Yeah, I farted 13 times". I could've died from embarrassment. She was so proud of her accomplishment. I wanted to hide... but we were shoulder to shoulder with others. We couldn't even walk away.

goofysbabe
03-08-2012, 11:05 AM

This is tooooooo funny!!! Best one so far!

ronandjulie
03-08-2012, 05:52 PM
At Space Mountain the other day.

CM: "Party of 2? Any party of 2?"

Guest: "We have 4"

All of the other guests around them: "Giggles"

Cinderelley
03-10-2012, 04:05 AM
We were watching Illuminations from the patio of the Rose and Crown - the wind was blowing just the wrong way, so we had ash raining down on us, and the finale seemed to go on an on - a couple of children started wailing in terror. Finally as it all ended, we heard a teenager beside us say "There's a fine line between a grand finale and an air raid!"

I had to tell my son in the Navy about this. We've had our share of times when we were standing in the left overs raining down grand finale.

Auroring Good Time
03-12-2012, 09:59 PM
This was years ago and we were out enjoying an evening at Pleasure Island when one of guys we were with said he forgot to book a golf time for the next day. I called guest services to reserve. I said "I'd like to book a tee time". The cast member responded "would you like that with Cinderella?" After having had a few cocktails, it had to be the funniest thing I had ever hear. I finally managed to blurt out "golf" at which point she started laughing too.

AmandaChan
03-13-2012, 03:56 AM
This was years ago and we were out enjoying an evening at Pleasure Island when one of guys we were with said he forgot to book a golf time for the next day. I called guest services to reserve. I said "I'd like to book a tee time". The cast member responded "would you like that with Cinderella?" After having had a few cocktails, it had to be the funniest thing I had ever hear. I finally managed to blurt out "golf" at which point she started laughing too.

haha, that is really cute. and i can see someone bowling over laughing after having a few.

Quadstriker
03-13-2012, 02:08 PM

That is incredible

pamcdon1
03-15-2012, 03:41 PM
I too am a fan of "What time is the 3:00 parade?"

I like it so much my dh bought the t-shirt!

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
06-14-2012, 07:23 PM
I know this post is old but I had to comment when I was 7 years old we were at Epcot and Rafiki was there and I really wanted his autograph. So I got the autograph. And the next day we went to Animal Kingdom and Rafiki was right by Timon and I really wanted Timon's autograph but he was autographing my brothers book at the time. So Rafiki noticed that I was just standing there and he took my autograph book from me and started to sign and then I snatched it back and got upset and said " You signed it yesterday remember?" And Rafiki proceeded to hit his head with his staff. This is why I love disney Cast Members and this still makes me laugh when I think about. Also my family still hasnt let me live this on down :funny: . :mickey:

Main Street Jim
06-14-2012, 09:01 PM
"What time is the 3:00 parade"? Depends on where you sit (along the parade route) :)

Working on Main Street at the front of the park
(in all seriousness): "How do we get to the Matterhorn?" "Well, first you exit the park..."

Working the Main Street train station platform, we always got these gems:
"Is this the Monorail?"
"Will this take us to the park exit?" ("Well, you get on this train, take it around the park, get off at the third stop, and exit the park..." (think about it, people....think about it :) ).
"I *know* this train took me to Universal Studios last year!"
"Is that the Riverboat? (pointing, of course, to the ferry boat on Seven Seas Lagoon)"

Had the double-decker bus stopped up by the Castle once during a "Cinderellabration" stage show. This grandma and her grandson come walking up (early in the morning), and asked, "Where are all the rides?" :confused: I explained that were "rides" all over the Magic Kingdom. "Well, how do we get to the Magic Kingdom?"....*Sigh*....

While working at Downtown Disney, I always used to get the "How do we get to Disney World?" question. I'd pull out the "entire Disney property" map and explain that that was all of "Disney World". "Did you mean the Magic Kingdom?" "No, we want to go to Disney World, you know, where the Castle is."

"Does this train go to EPCOT?" Uhhhh...no.

Used to always get, "Does this thing go upside down?" "87 1/4 times." (Space Mountain)

One of the (well, not-so-) funny things I ever saw while working there: When riding the train past Space Mountain, there's a retention pond on the left, toward the Contemporary - it's a fenced-off area not accessible guests - or so we thought. My ex-girlfriend and I were engineers on the train, and as we came past that pond, there's a family down there having a picnic - and a gator in the pond! I had to stop the train, my ex got down and ran down there and hollered at these obviously-non-English-speaking people to get out of there. Apparently, they had opened and walked through a gate (!) by Carousel of Progress, walked across the train tracks, and just *sat down*! :/

Ian
06-14-2012, 09:18 PM
I heard a gem when we were down last month.

We had just gotten off HM and I was waiting for DW to come back with our stroller. A woman walks up to the Cast Member working the line and says, "Excuse me, but where is the nearest hotel?"

The CM was clearly puzzled by this, but she regroup and said, "Well the closest hotels would be the Contemporary, the Polynesian, and the Grand Floridian. Why do you ask?"

The woman responded, "We've been here all day and we're tired. We wanted to get a room and get some rest. How do we get to the closest one?"

The CM proceeds to tell her to take the monorail and the woman interrupts and says, "We have to leave the park??"

I burst out laughing and the CM, to her credit, barely managed to hold it together. She thought there were hotels in the park!

sportsguy2315
06-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Being a former CM, I have a couple stories:

One day I was greeting guests as they were coming and going, and a father and two sons were leaving. One of the sons was wearing a Favre Vikings jersey, so I stopped him, told him I was from MN and we talked about the Vikes for a little bit. He then turns to his dad and asks: ¨Dad, why is it okay for Andy to be a Vikings fan?¨ Dad (Who along with son #2 were Giant fans) said: ¨Andy´s from Minnesota. He has an excuse.¨ I took it pretty well actually.

I was bussing and there was a family eating in my section having lunch who stopped me and asked about Club Cool. I gave them the spiel about how you can try Coke around the world, and that Beverly came ¨highly recommended¨. :thedolls: Same family sits in my section for dinner, and I nonchalantly ask how Beverly was. The son looked a tad traumatized when he said ¨It was horrible! We told Mickey on you!¨ All was well though when I assured the family it was a prank we like to pull at Epcot.

ransam
06-15-2012, 02:35 PM
i love rereading these.
a couple more....

1. my sister tells this. She is in the restroom and a mom is cleaning her daughter up who had just "wet" herself. she was maybe 4 or 5. and the mom said "why didn't you just tell me you had to go". and the girl said "tommy and i have a pack that who ever goes to the restroom first the other gets to punch them...and he hits harder than me". t he mom said "well next time you have to go, just squeeze my hand 2 times, i'll say i have to go and take you with me, let's see him hit me!". lol

2. my all time favorite.
my sister and i were on the bus on the way back to the resort after a long day of fun. a little boy, 9 or 10ish comes on and plops between us and says "sisters, who needs them". my sister looks down at him and says "hey, i'm a sister, that's my brother right there" and points to me. the kid looks up at me and says "you know what i'm saying" and we both gave knuckles. he looks across the bus to a girl that is seated accross the bus and she throws a piece of paper at him. he says "that's my aunt, she's not any better. Must be a woman thing" i said "kid it doesn't get much better as you get older." then he mumbles to himself "women. they just have a black heart". to this day when ever my sister and i disagree on something, i tell her she has a very black heart.

ANG
06-15-2012, 03:38 PM
sorry if this is gross...

We were standing in a mass of people- side by side-- waiting for Honey, We Shrunk the Audience in 2008 when my 6 year old daughter started counting. When she got to 13, she paused and looked up at me. I said "13???". She said, "Yeah, I farted 13 times". I could've died from embarrassment. She was so proud of her accomplishment. I wanted to hide... but we were shoulder to shoulder with others. We couldn't even walk away.

This is HILARIOUS!!! Thank you so much for sharing

Gator
06-15-2012, 04:30 PM
We were walking in the World Showcase and a boy was walking toward us with a giant cookie. Just then, a seagull swooped in from behind and grabbed the whole thing from his hands. He then started screaming in tears, "Tinkerbell stole my cookie!" :D

LudwigVonDrake
06-16-2012, 09:06 AM
1) While waiting on line for the Haunted Mansion a family in front of us was making plans to ride "Splash Waterfall" after they rode the Mansion.

2) On a very hot day in DHS, a man to his wife while pointing to their daughter, "We've got to get her on one of the water rides before we do anything else..."

figgie
06-19-2012, 06:25 PM
My favorites:

Many years ago, we took another family to Disneyworld for their first visit. After our first "potty stop" with our 6 kids my friend comes out and says, "Oh my goodness, even the music in the bathroom is in sinc with the park music!"

Same friend, after waiting in line to see Winnie the Pooh, says to the escort person, "It is so hot, does he have an airconditioner in his head?" The CM has a cute wispering conversation in Pooh's ear. After Pooh wispering back, the CM says, "No lady, but we'd like to know if you do?"

While walking to our car at Magic Kingdom/TTC one night, we were approached by a family who were looking for their car. They asked us where the "Energy" lot was! We had to direct them to EPCOT!

Imalismom
06-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Just got this one in email:

... a great overheard guest conversation that took place in world showcase:

SMALL CHILD (POINTING TO THE FRANCE PAVILLION): Look mommy! Is that the real Eiffel Tower?

MOM: No silly, the real one's in vegas!.

Arielfan98
06-25-2012, 03:13 PM
As me, my older sister, and parents are waiting on the LONG line for Soarin, a guy around my sister's age goes, "Are those Nikes?" And as if that pickup line wasn't bad enough, the kid decides to show my family his X-ray pictures of his broken foot :sick:

EeyoresBestFriend
06-25-2012, 03:51 PM
A couple of trips ago, we were on the bus to AK. There was a father in front of us with a little girl about 8 in full Princess regalia.

"I want to meet the Princesses in this park"
"Princesses don't go to Animal Kingdom. The Yeti will eat them."

I had to laugh when I mentally did a tally and realized that you DON'T see alot of princesses there. Smart Father!! :D

MissMaryPoppins
06-25-2012, 04:14 PM
My brother and I were in the Magic Kingdom around the holidays watching the castle being lit up and there was a couple next to us with their little girl. She asked her father if she could have one of those huge balloons with the princesses on them. He sighed and said "Well honey, it's either the balloon or a college education, your choice." my brother and I couldn't help laughing, neither could her parents and the little girl got her balloon.

I was taking the bus back to Saratoga Springs from Downtown Disney and a little girl gets on all decked out in her princess gear with her mom and grandma. They sat across from me and the little girl asked me if I was on vacation too. I said I was and asked her if she was having fun on her vacation. She nodded and said "Oh yes, I really like being at Taratoga Springs."

sacandjac
06-25-2012, 04:40 PM
My friend was in Disney a couple of years ago and was in stand-by line for Soarin. Two ladies in front of her were talking about the people in the Fast Pass Line as they were passing by. One lady said, why do they get to go in front of us? Her friend said, you know that's the line where all them people pretend they are cripple! Clueless!!

MissMaryPoppins
06-26-2012, 01:35 PM
On my mom's first trip to WDW (she was 58 at the time), we were on the safari ride at AK. Toward the end of the ride, she leaned over and whispered to me, in all seriousness, "How do you suppose the poachers got IN here?"

I had a funny moment on the safari ride too. My cousin, who was 16 at the time, took her first Disney trip with my family. We were on line for the safari and my cousin noticed a sign that said "out to lunch". I suddenly hear her sigh and say "Great, how long is that going to take?" I asked her what she meant and she pointed to the sign. I told her it was just a prop and started laughing at her as did the couple behind us. Her face turned bright red, she laughed and said "how would I know that? I've never been here!"

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
06-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Overheard in a bathroom stall at Epcot during our recent trip..."But why do YOU need to pee Mommy?" " Well Hun, why did you need to?". No answer from the little girl, but then I hear, "It isn't purple Mommy. What isnt purple? Your pee - Daddy said you poot rainbows, pooh skittles, and pee Grape juice."
How does one NOT die laughing at that one? Girl was probably around 4 yrs old.

GroovyTeach
06-27-2012, 10:37 PM
I once saw a kid get a huge spanking by his dad, followed by his dad saying, "I thought this was supposed to be the happiest place on Earth!"

Skippy
06-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Guest at Hollywood Studios: "How far is it to the Back to the Future ride?"

CM: About 10 miles (disney point) that way and 10 years back

Guest: huh?

PirateLover
07-01-2012, 08:43 PM
On our last trip, I got a few laughs on Star Tours. During the ride, a kid who was obviously a big Star Wars fan was very excited by our ride. And I quote "BOBA FETT?? BOBA FETT!!! I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE!!! AHHH!!! IT'S THE DEATH STAR!!!!"
Then, coming out, one young girl says to another "Wow, I can't believe you are a rebel spy!":D

Wolf
07-02-2012, 12:15 PM
On our last trip, I got a few laughs on Star Tours. During the ride, a kid who was obviously a big Star Wars fan was very excited by our ride. And I quote "BOBA FETT?? BOBA FETT!!! I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE!!! AHHH!!! IT'S THE DEATH STAR!!!!"
Then, coming out, one young girl says to another "Wow, I can't believe you are a rebel spy!":D

As a huge star wars geek I <3 this!!!

MommaMouse
07-02-2012, 07:41 PM
I have no idea if anyone will find this as funny as my husband and I thought it was but here goes. While on our honeymoon we were strolling around Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival. There was a family of four appearring to have a discussion about where to eat dinner. The son, about 10yrs old starts pointing towards the Italian pavilion. His father looks at him and says in a perfectly British accent, "Do you know anything about Italian food? Right then shutup!" That cracked us up because the kid was pointing towards our favorite restaurant-Alfredo's at the time. Poor kid, his dad had no idea what they were missing out on.

riley1129
07-05-2012, 01:23 PM
We're not doing all the parks, just Disney World.....(I assume they are refering to MK)

i have heard this so many times its actually frightening!!!

Tigerinvestigator
07-05-2012, 03:07 PM
My favorite was from Jack Sparrow who was standing in Adventureland when my DD6 and DD9 walked by wearing pink pirate costumes and DD9 had on a pink pirate eye patch. Jack jumped and said "don't worry luv, it will grow back." He then turned to my DD6 and whispered "I don't think it's going to grow back."

And listened to a woman who hadn't been to WDW since the 1970's say she liked the old Haunted Mansion better. She said it was "much better as a boat ride". I think she has some jumbled up memories lol.:thumbsup:

phillydan
07-11-2012, 12:16 PM
On the monorail approaching the Comtemporary:
Dad to son "Look - there are the new hotel rooms they just built; they call them Bailey Lake Towers".
Son "who is Bailey?"
Dad "Silence".
Me "Guffaw".

Cinderelley
07-15-2012, 04:53 AM
My favorite was from Jack Sparrow who was standing in Adventureland when my DD6 and DD9 walked by wearing pink pirate costumes and DD9 had on a pink pirate eye patch. Jack jumped and said "don't worry luv, it will grow back." He then turned to my DD6 and whispered "I don't think it's going to grow back."

I would not have been able to keep a straight face. :rotfl:

disneykid99
07-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Early one morning while riding on a Disney Bus to have breakfast with the Princesses in Epcot, our then 4 year old DD was dress in her Cindy Dress and crown feeling just like a princess. As we rode from Pop to Epcot a woman and her 13 year oldish DD were sitting in the seats across from us. The 13ish girl was "wearing" a Snow White dress - well the dress was a couple of sizes to small and the girl looked very uncomfortable. As we rode the mom struck up a converstaion with us asking if our DD was going to eat with the princesses. We replied yes and talked about how into princesses our DD was. The woman then replied that her DD was not into princesses but she was making her wear that princess dress and her DD was "going to get in there and make her some MAGIC." The 13ish girl looked mortified. My DH and I just looked at each other and did not really know how to reply. We told them that we hoped they had a Magical breakfast. We felt badly for the girl but still use the line "now get in there and make me some magic" at least once a trip with our kids. Even if no one else gets it we still laugh with that great memory.

MissMaryPoppins
07-23-2012, 12:27 AM
As we rode from Pop to Epcot a woman and her 13 year oldish DD were sitting in the seats across from us. The 13ish girl was "wearing" a Snow White dress - well the dress was a couple of sizes to small and the girl looked very uncomfortable. As we rode the mom struck up a converstaion with us asking if our DD was going to eat with the princesses. We replied yes and talked about how into princesses our DD was. The woman then replied that her DD was not into princesses but she was making her wear that princess dress and her DD
was "going to get in there and make her some MAGIC." The 13ish girl looked mortified. My DH and I just looked at each other and did not really know how to reply. We told them that we hoped they had a Magical breakfast. We felt badly for the girl but still use the line "now get in there and make me some magic" at least once a trip with our kids. Even if no one else gets it
we still laugh with that great memory.

Oh wow..that poor girl!

Princess'Mom
07-26-2012, 09:21 AM

Seems like it, but mine was grey!:D

ransam
07-26-2012, 11:50 AM

Embarressed? I would have hi-fived her and told her job well done.

here's one that happened last Feb, it's a new one.
Last Feb my family went and had a great week. but during the week Kansas and Missouri were playing a basketball game. Now for those that don't know it is a HUGE rivalary that's been going on since 1880, and made bigger cause it was one of the last time these teams will every play. Being Huge Kansas fans, my family was pumped for the game and went to ESPN to watch it. it was a great game, but Kansas blew it, and the bad guys won. The next morning we had breakfast in Norway. I always wear my Kansas shirt after a loss for support. as we were eating Belle came by and said something l ike "oh my did you see that game last night? the beast and i were up and watched it, I'm terribly sorry your team lost" and i said something like "yea, oh well, there were some bad calls" or something to that effect. She left and came back by and asked about the final score. I told her, and she kept coming by and mentionning the game, in a small way, rubbing it in kind of. so finally i said "wait, are you from Missouri?". and she said "why yes, i spent some of my educational years in the kingdom of Columbia"...(Where the University of Missouri is located),
My family just lost it laughing as she walked away.
after we left my brother looked at me and said "i thought you were going to punch her". it was kind of funny.

arielshouse
07-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Maybe u had to be there for this 1 but my family rather enjoyed this 1! We still re enact it while in Disney!
A few years back while in epcot at the bathrooms by the rose garden there was this guy who told his gf "honey I have 2 ask u an important question but 1st I have to take a leak so wait right here on the bench and ill b right back"! A few mins later the man emerges from the bathroom wiping his hands on his pants (hopefully he just didn't think a paper towel was necessary) he gets down on 1 knee takes her hand and says honey will (flushing starts in the background from the toilets) (yes he's totally doing this in front of the bathroom)! Heh hem "honey will u... (more flushing in the background)! "oh for crying out loud" "can I pls get a break from the flushing"?! (um no u are in front of a bathroom)! "for crying out loud will u f-ing marry me"?!
How romantic! Lol! I wish some1 would propose to me on a bench outside of a bathroom! Lol!

Wolf
07-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Maybe u had to be there for this 1 but my family rather enjoyed this 1! We still re enact it while in Disney!
A few years back while in epcot at the bathrooms by the rose garden there was this guy who told his gf "honey I have 2 ask u an important question but 1st I have to take a leak so wait right here on the bench and ill b right back"! A few mins later the man emerges from the bathroom wiping his hands on his pants (hopefully he just didn't think a paper towel was necessary) he gets down on 1 knee takes her hand and says honey will (flushing starts in the background from the toilets) (yes he's totally doing this in front of the bathroom)! Heh hem "honey will u... (more flushing in the background)! "oh for crying out loud" "can I pls get a break from the flushing"?! (um no u are in front of a bathroom)! "for crying out loud will u f-ing marry me"?!
How romantic! Lol! I wish some1 would propose to me on a bench outside of a bathroom! Lol!

That.Is.HILLARIOUS!!!!!

PlutoPlanet
07-27-2012, 12:52 PM

Embarressed? I would have hi-fived her and told her job well done.

here's one that happened last Feb, it's a new one.
Last Feb my family went and had a great week. but during the week Kansas and Missouri were playing a basketball game. Now for those that don't know it is a HUGE rivalary that's been going on since 1880, and made bigger cause it was one of the last time these teams will every play. Being Huge Kansas fans, my family was pumped for the game and went to ESPN to watch it. it was a great game, but Kansas blew it, and the bad guys won. The next morning we had breakfast in Norway. I always wear my Kansas shirt after a loss for support. as we were eating Belle came by and said something l ike "oh my did you see that game last night? the beast and i were up and watched it, I'm terribly sorry your team lost" and i said something like "yea, oh well, there were some bad calls" or something to that effect. She left and came back by and asked about the final score. I told her, and she kept coming by and mentionning the game, in a small way, rubbing it in kind of. so finally i said "wait, are you from Missouri?". and she said "why yes, i spent some of my educational years in the kingdom of Columbia"...(Where the University of Missouri is located),
My family just lost it laughing as she walked away.
after we left my brother looked at me and said "i thought you were going to punch her". it was kind of funny.

Good to know that Belle has brains as well as beauty. Oh by the way, I grew up in Columbia. The rivalry has a Red Sox - Yankees flavor to it. Wish it would continue. I'll miss it.

jaredkari
07-28-2012, 10:00 AM
While waiting in line for Toy Story Mania we were talking to the guy behind us who was a former cast member. He was a really funny guy. Anyway as usual there were people pushing ahead to get with their group who had gotten in line 30 minutes earlier :mad: (that is another topic).

As one teenage girl pushed past us the former cast member began to say very loudly and sarcasticly "Yeah they are up there, they are looking for you, I can see them, they are right up there!" The girl just stopped and looked at him with a dirty look then continued pushing her way forward. Maybe you had to be there but it was pretty funny. :)

Zesty
07-28-2012, 07:28 PM
We still laugh about this and I was only 9 at the time, my parents and I were queuing for splash mountain and got chatting to a group of girls (although they seemed so grown up to me) who were with their school to perform that day). Anyway we had been chatting for a while about where in America they are from and where in England we are from. She asked us if she could ask us a personal question, we said yes (wondering what was coming), she said 'is it true the British only wash once a week?', we laughed, dad lifted his arm and asked if she wanted to sniff to see! We explained that in days gone by before running hot water families would get a tin bath out once a week and heat up water for the family bath. While laughing we assured them that we had had showers that morning like we do every day!

Our other very funny moment was with a stroppy Minnie, we were all forming a long queue to see her and waiting patiently. Then someone decides to jump the queue, well Minnie was having non of it and using gestures (no words) firmly made her feelings clear and sent them to the back of the line, go Minnie!

Can I share another memory of my 'disney holiday' that actually happened at universal, sadly my dad had the camera so we didn't capture it but my dad has a brown beard. Big foot met some kids then caught site of my dad, he came over and stopped infront of my dad, Bigfoot started stroking his facial hair and looking at my dad very intently, he then stroked his beard and my dads beard a few times then gave him a bear hug! All the chaos around at the start kinda stopped just to watch the 2 of them together.

Happy days :)

Mrs Bus Driver
07-28-2012, 07:32 PM
Thank you everybody for this thread. I was feeling down and reading it (again) made me smile and laugh.:mickey:

EJS-Houston
07-30-2012, 04:29 PM

I just ran across an online article about one of them I thought the folks on this thread might enjoy:

http://moms.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/30/12995244-the-security-guard-who-makes-disney-dreams-come-true?lite

Cinderelley
07-31-2012, 02:38 AM
That is an awesome story. :number1:

PopPhan
07-31-2012, 10:37 AM
Zesty... :welcome: to INTERCOT!!!!

Great stories all!! Getting lots of smiles out of these.

Kati
08-02-2012, 09:07 AM
My favorite one is a personal story -

When my sister was 7 and I was 10 (or so), we finally had the courage to ride ToT for the first time. The ride itself was incredible, as I'm sure you all know, but the best moment happened after the ride when the bellhop welcomed us back to the Tower.

My little sister and I came out to sit by our parents on the bench. Once my sister sat down, Dad asked her how the ride went - my sister, looking down at her legs (which were trembling), yelled in front of the entire room, "DAD! MY LEGS WON'T STOP SHAKING!" - everyone burst into laughter! :D