PDA

View Full Version : millennium pavillions

ransam
03-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Not sure this is the right place for this, sorrry if it's not.

but in 1999 i went w/ my brother and gf to WDW. we went to Epcot and i swear they had a special section of new pavillions special for the millennium. I remember it was really big, and quite a few countries, w/ food, a few rides, exhibits, etc...specifically i remember going on a jerusalem ride that kind of toured the country....
does anyone else reemember this or am i crazy. I haven't been able to find any other info on this.
if anyone has a sight or a place i could see what countries were there, i'd appreciate it.
Thank you.

BrerSchultzy
03-31-2011, 11:17 AM
If you do a google search for a site called Walt Dated World, there are links to previous rides, attractions, restaurants, etc. In the EPCOT Center section, there is a Millenium Village link. I remember it very well. It was a lot of fun.

faline
03-31-2011, 11:18 AM
It was in an area behind Canda. I think they still use the area for some special events.

ransam
03-31-2011, 11:23 AM
i just read in Celebrations Magaizine about pavillions that almost came to fruitation, and that reminded me of that section.
I wonder why they didn't keep it open? it was a lot of fun, and it seemed they could continue to add/get rid of countries to see if there is interest by people for specific countries to be made into a bigger pavillion.

Sylvia
03-31-2011, 12:48 PM
I agree - the Millennium Pavilion was fantastic. We were sorry to see it close.

Scar
03-31-2011, 01:40 PM
I wonder why they didn't keep it open? it was a lot of fun, and it seemed they could continue to add/get rid of countries to see if there is interest by people for specific countries to be made into a bigger pavillion.I think it has less to do with guest's interest, and more to do with how much the countries are willing to pay.